Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 AM

591 posts, read 667,258 times

Advertisements

GOOD MORNING KARLA AND FRIENDS. I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A NICE WEEK END. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO HUBBY BEING IN LAS VAGUS ALL WEEK.
(Senior Winter World Softball Torney) I WILL KEEP THE HOME FIRES BURNING....AND STAY BUSY

Today's Question(s):

Shhh, you can tell us, we will keep your secret

Are you going to be doing any "re gifting" this year ?
No

Have you ever done this and gotten " busted"
No. I try not to do this, because I feel guilty.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever gone by yourself to:
The movies ?
A bar ? One time
A fast food meal ? Ye

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather" ALL OF THEM
SINCE, I'M ITALIAN...I HAVE SEEN THEM IN MY FAMILY, WHEN I WAS YOUNGER.

Last edited by ladybee; 11-16-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,557,654 times
Good morning Karla...

I hope everyone had a great weekend...I attended a play this weekend at my grandson's high school in which he had a lead role...he's just a freshman and he did an awesome job!

I will try this again...I lost all my answers a little bit ago...where does it all go when you hit the wrong key? Grrrr...

So....here is my shortened version...

I wanted to shout, "Please just Stooooop", a few weeks ago at Halloween!....I'm cutting back on Christmas gift giving again this year since we have 9 birthdays right around Christmas...

I've never been in a bar alone or with anyone else, I've never gone to a movie, concert or play alone, but going into a restaurant alone doesn't bother me!

I wanted a touch-tone phone years ago when I first saw one on the Soap Opera "Santa Barbara".

I've seen "The Godfather" many times, I remember Luke & Laura getting married, but didn't watch!

Have a wonderful week QOTD friends!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 AM

24,699 posts, read 26,288,564 times

I'm not planning on it, but you never know about The Super Chief.

Have you ever done this and gotten " busted" ?
Not me.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you just wanted to shout "Stop!! please just stooooooop" ?
When a very annoying fire alarm was being tested at work years ago.

Extra Credit Question:

The movies ?
no
A bar ?
Yes
A fast food meal ?
Yes
A sit down really nice restaurant ?
Yes
A concert ?
No
A play ?
No

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather"?
Sure have.

How many of you remember when Luke & Laura got married ?
Who dat?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,052,164 times
Today's Question(s):

Not any chance of that happening

Since you included "and gotten busted" I can honestly answer that I never have.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you just wanted to shout "Stop!! please just stooooooop" ?
That would have been a couple years ago when the roads were icy and I was trying to stop for a red light. Me and the ditch became aquainted that day.

Extra Credit Question:

The movies ?
A bar ?
A fast food meal ?
A sit down really nice restaurant ?
A concert ?
A play ?
Yes to all of the above

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather"
Not I.

Did you watch ?
I sorta do only because way to many people were talking about it for days and days. The only soap opera I would ever watch was "Soap"

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 11-16-2009 at 09:42 AM..

Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 AM

16,805 posts, read 40,166,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karla with a k View Post

today's question(s):

shhh, you can tell us, we will keep your secret

Are you going to be doing any "re gifting" this year?

no and no.

bonus question:

when was the last time you just wanted to shout "stop!! Please just stooooooop"? Can't recall, but i'm sure it had something to do with grammatical butchery.

extra credit question:

have you ever gone by yourself to:
The movies?
A bar?
A fast food meal?
A sit down really nice restaurant?
A concert?
A play?
y, y, y, n, n, n.

just for fun:

how many of you have seen "the godfather"? At least 5 times

how many of you remember when luke & laura got married?
Did you watch?
I have no idea who Luke and Laura are, but i see they have something to do with daytime tv, so that explains why i have no idea who they are.

today in history:
1963 - touch-tone telephone introduced I remember when it used to cost a dollar extra a month to have touch tone work on your line.
1974 - nbc-tv began a two-night showing of "the godfather", starring marlon brando. With 90 million commercials and all the good stuff censored. No thank you.

today is:

national fast food day Jack in the Box, here I come.
day for tolerance day I think i'll tolerate a bacon cheeseburger and a chocolate shake.
put a spring in your step day With these knees?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,394,704 times
Shhh, you can tell us, we will keep your secret. Are you going to be doing any "re gifting" this year? Nope.

Have you ever done this and gotten " busted"? Never done it, so no.

When was the last time you just wanted to shout "Stop!! please just stooooooop"? When the MIL starts biatching at the FIL over stupid, insignificant stuff.

The movies ? No
A bar ? Yes
A fast food meal ? Yes
A sit down really nice restaurant ? Yes
A concert ? No
A play ? No

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather"? Not me, although I can quote from some of it!

Did you watch ? Who the heck are Luke and Laura?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:39 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,658,047 times
Good Morning all you wonderful people!! My daughter's friend spent the whole weekend at our house. They had alot of fun, but I think I need another weekend to recouperate! Funny little story - They came in and woke me up in the middle of the night, so I am half out of it, and what I think I hear from my daughter is "She peed"! So I am thinking "Oh my gosh, her friend wet the bed!" A little strange, considering she is 11. So I get up and come downstairs, and realize that she said "Shane (our dog) peed"! Even better, my daughter was cleaning it up with my dish sponge!! I told them what I thought I heard, and we all had a good laugh! I still have no idea why my daughter thought she needed to wake me up to let me know the dog peed?!?!

Shh, you can tell us, we can keep your secret
Are you going to be doing any re-gifting this year?
No - I don't think we are even doing an adult gift exchange this year. We are just going to let it be all about the kids!

Have you ever done this and gotten busted?
No, I have never done the re-gifting thing. I must be pretty easy to read, because no one has ever given me something I didn't like or need!

When was the last time you wanted to shout "Stop - please just stoooop!"?
Last night when my kids were fighting. Actually I think I did yell that - - - along with a few other things!!

Have you ever gone by yourself to
The movies - No
A bar - No
A fast food meal - Yes
A sit down really nice restaurant - No
A concert - No
A play - No

How many of you have seen The Godfather?
Not I

How many of you remember when Luke and Laura got married?
I don't

How many of you know who Luke and Laura are?
Aren't they a couple from a soap opera??

Did you watch?
No

National Fast Food Day - Every once in a while that sounds good!
Touch Tone Telephone - I was telling my kids about dial phones over the weekend, they looked at me like I was a dinosaur!
Day For Tolerance Day - I think I used mine up last night!
Button Day -
Put a Spring In Your Step Day - I have to get used to heels again at my new job, so I am afraid if I put too much spring might hurt myself!

Well, I am off to get ready for work at my new job. It is farther from my house than my last one. It takes about 40 minutes to get there, so that will give my time to think about how nervous I am!! All of you have a great day!!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:46 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,439,597 times
Good morning

Today's Question(s):

Are you going to be doing any "re gifting" this year ? I do re-use gift bags if that counts

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you just wanted to shout "Stop!! please just stooooooop" ? Everday

Extra Credit Question:

The movies ? Nope
A bar ? Nope
A fast food meal ? of course
A sit down really nice restaurant ? yep
A concert ? Nope
A play ? Nope

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather"

Did you watch ? been so long, probably did watch

Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,207,217 times
Happy Monday all. Karla you are right, the weekend went WAY too fast. Yikes!

Today's Question(s):

With our current economic situation, I don't think we're going to be doing ANY gifting this year .

Have you ever done this and gotten " busted" ? I'm not sure...it is possible though!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you just wanted to shout "Stop!! please just stooooooop" ? Maybe at my dog when she was getting too wound up. There's actually plenty of moments in my life when I'd like to yell this .

Extra Credit Question:

The movies ? Nope but I definitely would have no problem doing so.
A bar ? No but I would in a heartbeat as well.
A fast food meal ? Yep!
A sit down really nice restaurant ? Sit down but not super nice, fairly nice though. Had no problem doing it whatsoever!
A concert ? No
A play ? No

***These are funny questions, I was just mentioning to a friend the other day that I know I'm getting "older" because I don't mind doing any of the things listed above by myself. When I was younger I would be too "embarrassed". As my grandma always said, "I enjoy my company just fine." Or "I get along real well with me."

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather" I don't think so. I have a really hard time sitting through a movie at home. I almost have to be at the theater to watch a whole movie. It drives my hubby crazy, and myself sometimes too. Maybe I have a mild form of ADD?

Did you watch ? n/a

Today in History:
1824 - New York City's Fifth Avenue opens for business
can't wait to go to NYC one day for a visit. Preferably around the holidays.
1875 - William Bonwill, patents dental mallet to impact gold into cavities
Grandpa is a dentist. I'll have to let him know
1963 - Touch-tone telephone introduced
cool
1974 - NBC-TV began a two-night showing of "The Godfather", starring Marlon Brando. NBC paid Paramount Pictures $10 million for the showing of the picture.
$10 million in 1974?! Wow.
1981 - Luke marries Laura on General Hospital (16 million watch) lol I watched I remember dragging my little TV to work that day
Never got into soaps. Did like the trashy shows like Maury & Ricky Lake. Can't stand 'em now.

Word of the Day:

hoi polloi \hoi-puh-LOI\ , noun;
1. The common people generally; the masses.
Interesting.

Today is:

National Fast Food Day Fine by me. Hey, I'm American, I like fast food..so sue me! I do try to limit my intake though.
Touch-Tone Telephone Cool
Day for Tolerance Day I like this one
Button Day Random
Put a Spring in Your Step Day I need to spring my step to finish cleaning the house, shower, and then drive an hour to work.

I haven't read everyone's responses yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so. Have a great Monday all!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,484,914 times
Hello, hello, hello, everybody!

Today's Question(s):

Are you going to be doing any "re gifting" this year ? I don't think we have anything to regift this year, but we've done it before. A couple of years ago I bought my husband a new digital camera that he'd asked for, and wouldn't you know that the company gift to all the employees was a digital camera! We already had one, plus the new one, and we sure didn't need three! But we knew my MIL didn't have one and would love to, so we wrapped the one from his company and gave it to her for Christmas. She's still using it, too!

Have you ever done this and gotten " busted" ? Nope.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you just wanted to shout "Stop!! please just stooooooop" ? Hmmmm, can't recall. If something comes to mind, I'll update.

Extra Credit Question:

The movies ? Yep. An art house theater near my apartment brought back 5 classic Hitchcock flicks to the big screen and I walked over to see several of them by myself.
A bar ? No.
A fast food meal ? Of course, hasn't everyone?
A sit down really nice restaurant ? Yes.
A concert ? No.
A play ? No.

Just for Fun:

How many of you have seen "The Godfather" Can you believe I've never actually seen any of the Godfather movies?

How many of you remember when Luke & Laura got married ? I do!
Did you watch ? No. My college boyfriend and I were both Guiding Light fans, so we'd schedule our classes so that at least one of us could watch and then fill the other one in. It was fun!

Hope everyone has a springy-step day!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics