Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 06:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,181,636 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
It is another brisk morning here in NE FL I had to turn the heat on to get the chill out of the house.
One of the effects of the brisk temperatures is that the "kids" seem to be "energized" and are bouncing all over the place, the same with the dog I "babysit" for he was just just full of energy yesterday and at 95 #'s that's a lot of bouncing around.

So Today is Friday the 13th so of course I have to ask in one of

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share ?

Bonus Question:

At the time __________ sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day ?

Extra Credit Question:

This is something a friend and I were discussing, so lets see what you all think

If you caught someone in a "fib" would you

Call them on it ?
Say nothing ?
Say nothing but be more cautious with them in the future ?

Just for Fun:

In honor of "Guinness World Record Day"

What fun stuff would you like to try to setting a new record for ?

Today in History:
1875 - National Bowling Association organized in New York City
1913 - 1st modern elastic brassiere patented by Mary Phelps Jacob
1952 - Fake fingernails 1st sold
1979 - Ronald Reagan in New York announces his candidacy for president
1982 - Vietnam War Memorial dedicated in Washington D.C.

Word of the Day:
carapace \KAIR-uh-pace\ , noun;
1. The thick shell that covers the back of the turtle, the crab, and other animals.
2. Something likened to a shell that serves to protect or isolate from external influence.

Today is:
National Indian Pudding Day
World Kindness Day
Artificial Snow
Actor's Day
Guinness World Record Day
Friday the 13th
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 06:19 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,874,379 times

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share ? Married on Friday the 13th 45 years ago today.

Bonus Question:

At the time hiking up the mountain sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day ?

Extra Credit Question:

This is something a friend and I were discussing, so lets see what you all think

Call them on it ?
Say nothing ?

Just for Fun:

Eating the most boiled peanuts in a year.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
1. The thick shell that covers the back of the turtle, the crab, and other animals.
2. Something likened to a shell that serves to protect or isolate from external influence.

Today is:
World Kindness Day
Artificial Snow
Actor's Day
Friday the 13th

Old 11-13-2009, 06:25 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,640,273 times
Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share ? Not that I can think of but will look forward to some of yours

At the time hiring those stinky contractors sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day

If you caught someone in a "fib" would you I've done all the below, plus some. Really depends on the situation, who else is involved, and my mood LOL

Call them on it ?
Say nothing ?

Hmmm...not sure I have enough stick-to-it-iveness to break any records

Happy Anniversary, Nomad!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:26 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,358,206 times
So, Karla, what kind of seeds did you get? And did you get enough potting soil for all the kids in the class?

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share?

I don't. I'm not superstitious, and I've never found that Friday the 13th is characterized by anything unusual.

Bonus Question:

At the time
planting bulbs in the front garden bed sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day.

Extra Credit Question:

Call them on it?
Say nothing?
Say nothing but be more cautious with them in the future?

It really depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes my spouse has been known to "polish" a story a bit to make it more interesting or amusing, and when that happens, I just let him have his fun. If the fib involves something important or critical, I'm a lot likelier to call the person on it, or, if it's someone I really can't confront, they go on my list of people not to ever trust or believe.

Just for Fun:

What fun stuff would you like to try to setting a new record for?

Napping.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:27 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,203,164 times
Happy Friday!

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share ? None here

Extra Credit Question:

Call them on it ?
Say nothing ?

All of these are possibilities. For me, it is contingent upon the situation, and on the friend.

Just for Fun:

What fun stuff would you like to try to setting a new record for ? I have to keep thinking about this one.

Have a great weekend!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:28 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,653,523 times
Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share ?
Actually Friday the 13th has always been a good day for me...weird I know

Bonus Question:

At the time having a roommate sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day ?

Extra Credit Question:

Call them on it ?
Say nothing ?
This just happened to me yesterday and I'm still fuming over it....arghhhhh

Just for Fun:

I'm sure I could set some kind of record for doing dumb things

Today in History:
I like to bowl but I suck at it
Try saying "brassiere" to a teenager....they have no idea what it is
So tacky
I LOVED that man!!
I remember....it was way overdue

Word of the Day:
For some reason I thought of fried ice cream

Today is:
National Indian Pudding Day.......don't know what that is
World Kindness Day..................
Artificial Snow........................I'll take it any way I can get it
Actor's Day............................why are they all so weird?
Guinness World Record Day.......some people will do ANYTHING to get in that book
Friday the 13th.......................should be a great day

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 11-13-2009 at 06:36 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 06:36 AM

wow you all have been busy
I finished this then posted todays exercise thread and already there are 5 posts
holding my spot !!

Happy Anniversary Nomad !!!!! What time should we show up for cake !!!

ok so as you will soon understand I am not ready to get moving around the house so I am going to sit right here and answer

Today's Question(s):

Friday the 13th and I have had some "issues" in the past

Let see
a car accident
blew out the transmission on another car
opps another car on car experience

So as much as I know in my brain that these are just coincidental I tend to stay pretty close to home on this day

no thats not why I don't want to move around the house that's up next

Bonus Question:

At the time the 2 ideas I had yesterdays sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it this morning

For those that visit the daily exercise thread know that we all been on a major motivation exercise push
So I have been spending a lot more time one on one with my elliptical. For some strange reason after about 15 mins my toes get tingly so yesterday I had the "brilliant" idea to try using it just wearing socks and no sneaker
yeah that worked well this morning my arches are so sore I am sorta doing the walking on my toes

Yesterday afternoon we had to meet at school so we could move the 6 40# hydroponic bins from one side of the school grounds to the other so they would be closer to the classrooms that we teach in. As we were moving the first bin on a hand truck I spied a nice flatbed in the janitor closet !! I asked if we could borrow it. Well lol lets do the math 4 x's 40 = 160#'s no problem the flat bed has wheels. However pulling a flatbed with 160#'s up 3 inclines then though soft sandy dirt to their new home not as good of an idea as I thought. This morning my neck & shoulders are not "speaking to me"

So needless to say lol I am a mess today so hence the happy to just sit at my desk

Extra Credit Question:

Call them on it ? Depends on the level of the fib and my spunkiness level at the time
Say nothing ? If it is really serious I would do this because I probably wouldn't have much to do with them anymore.

Little harmless fibs are not that much of a big deal you know the ones like " that was delicious" or It's not how I much I like your new outfit or hairstyle as long as you do"
I have a real issues with lies, I have often said if your gonna tell me one it better be well constructed so I don't ever find out.

Just for Fun:

Pizza eating or and I know this sounds weird but weed pulling lol I am a pretty good weeder

Last edited by FLPL75; 11-13-2009 at 07:02 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
So, Karla, what kind of seeds did you get? And did you get enough potting soil for all the kids in the class?
I am getting there , I have 3 packages of lettuce seed that I found in my seed box. lol I am still trying to figure out why I bought them because I don;t eat lettuce

I am going to Home Depot with my MIL tomorrow to help her pick out a birthday present for hubby so I will pin the post it note to myself to remember to get the radish seed and dirt

Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,576,656 times
I am lovin these temps!!!!! 52 when I left the house!

Today's Question(s):

Hurricane Charley...Friday the 13th.
Actually I bought a car on a Friday the 13th...and I wrecked it three month later on a Friday the 13th. 1985...also this was the last ticket I ever recieved!

Bonus Question:

At the time __walking up a steep path__ sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day ?

Extra Credit Question:

Call them on it ?
Say nothing ?
Say nothing but be more cautious with them in the future ? Usually this one...my Dad was quite the story teller so I learned to say nothing. Now if it's something hateful about someone else...I'll call ya on it

Just for Fun:

What fun stuff would you like to try to setting a new record for ? How many states/countries I can visit in one year!

Today is:
World Kindness Day-I like this one!!
Artificial Snow I'll have this all over my house next month!
Actor's Day
Friday the 13th

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:48 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,740,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
It is another brisk morning here in NE FL I had to turn the heat on to get the chill out of the house.
One of the effects of the brisk temperatures is that the "kids" seem to be "energized" and are bouncing all over the place, the same with the dog I "babysit" for he was just just full of energy yesterday and at 95 #'s hat's a lot of bouncing around.

Today's Question(s):

Do any of our QOTD family have any weird,strange or funny Friday the 13th stories to share ? NO

Bonus Question:

At the time going to a MOTLEY CRUE CONCERT sounded like a good idea, but boy did I rethink it the next day ?

Extra Credit Question:

Call them on it ? It depends on the situation.
Say nothing ?
Say nothing but be more cautious with them in the future ? This answer too...like I said above, it depends on the situation.

Just for Fun:

What fun stuff would you like to try to setting a new record for ? Eating the most cheesecake!

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Indian Pudding Day - Never had it...is it good?
World Kindness Day - Should be everyday!
Artificial Snow - I like the REAL thing!
Actor's Day
Friday the 13th
For those of you dealing with some bad weather...be careful out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics