Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:40 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,377,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday Ooh! I would love 81 degrees for a daytime high. Best we'll do is 64 today, which is still nice with the sun out.

So what better reason to crank up the A/C and ask

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been to a Block party ? We've put on one of our own three times over the last 9 years. Called it the BBQ "In the Sac". It's always hubby's idea ~ he's the social bird.

Does your neighborhood have block parties ? Only when husband does it. No one else in the neighborhood wants to initiate one.

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ? Yes.

How often do you clean them out ? Last time was a couple of years ago. Hubby and I wait out to see who will break down and do it, but we both hate getting on the roof (which is needed on our house).

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ? Coffee pot.

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ? 7. Coffee pot, toaster, can-opener, Sunbeam Mixer, vacume-packer, and a couple of food processers.

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ? Blocks, on a long magnet bar on the side of the refrigerator and a few extras in a drawer. The electric carving knife is in it's box inside the cupboard. We are knife-nuts.

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ? Probably my 79-year-old brother ~ he's one of the healthiest people I know.

Who would you want as a partner if you were on Dancing with The Stars? Hmm. Russell Crowe.

Today in History:
1845 - Naval School (now called U.S. Naval Academy) opens at Annapolis
1865 - John Hyatts patents billiard ball
1886 - 1st dinner jacket worn to autumn ball at Tuxedo Park, New York (which is why it became a tuxedo)
1971 - Fenholt and Webber's musical "Jesus Christ Superstar," premieres in New York City
1971 - 1st game played at Philadelphia's Veteran Stadium, Phils win 4-1
1976 - New Jersey Meadowlands' Giant's Stadium opens

Word of the Day:
reverie \REV-uh-ree\ , noun:
1. A state of dreamy meditation or fanciful musing.
2. A daydream.
3. A fantastic, visionary, or impractical idea.

Today is:
National Angel Food Cake Day Well, the Farmer's Market still has some strawberries to go with it.
National Cake Decorating Day
National Newspaper Carrier Day
Universal Music Day
Have a good weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 09:51 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,491,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

Good morning to you Karla! Sorry for the awful heat and humidity!

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been to a Block party ? Yes, at my house in Florida and while living on army posts.

Does your neighborhood have block parties ? Not here on Cape Cod.

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ? Yes

How often do you clean them out ? I pay someone to come do it once a year.

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ? Probably the microwave.

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ? One. A coffee pot. Oh... I have a new toaster oven in the pantry on the counter. Not sure if you'd count that one as it's in a separate little room.

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ? Block.

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ? I have never watched this show and I have absolutely NO idea what it's even about, so I can't venture an answer.

Who would you want as a partner if you were on Dancing with The Stars? John Travolta

Word of the Day:
2. A daydream.
3. A fantastic, visionary, or impractical idea. I think I live in almost a constant state of artistic reverie!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:08 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been to a Block party ? ~ Yes, years ago in my hometown the whole city would have party days.

Does your neighborhood have block parties ? ~ no,,, but we have had a couple of get-togethers over the years.

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ? ~ on the front of the house only

How often do you clean them out ? ~ once every couple of years as needed

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ? ~ coffee pot

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ? ~ four

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ? ~ we have a special cutlery drawer

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ? ~ Not Mrs Aks,,, she’d cause me to lose however if Mike wants to go then I’d have a chance at it.

Who would you want as a partner if you were on Dancing with The Stars? ~ Any one of the nice looking gals would be ok with me.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 AM

24,684 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Have you ever been to a Block party ?
Yes

Does your neighborhood have block parties ?
No, our street is pretty boring.

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ?
Just 1 on the patio cover.

How often do you clean them out ?
It really needs to be done.

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ?
Not small, but it's gotta be the Super Chief err maybe it should be Chef.

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ?

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ?
Both

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ?
A yet un-named Navy Seal.

Who would you want as a partner if you were on Dancing with The Stars?
Twinkle Toes, but I know she would fire me.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:15 AM

28,804 posts, read 47,942,462 times
Have you ever been to a Block party ? Yes

Does your neighborhood have block parties ? No

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ? Yes

How often do you clean them out ? Pretty much never. Especially the ones in back. They are waaaay up there!

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ? Bottle opener. For beer...

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ? 5

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ? Both, actually. Mrs. Tek is into cooking and the associated paraphernalia.

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ? The Amazing Hulk

Who would you want as a partner if you were on Dancing with The Stars? I have no idea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble

We woke to this today:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Tek_Freek/zImg_0027.jpg (broken link)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Tek_Freek/zImg_0030.jpg (broken link)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Tek_Freek/zImg_0033.jpg (broken link)

I think that's more than enough babble for the day.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,702,126 times
[quote=Karla with a K;11125408]Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
Happy Saturday to everyone!

We had storms yesterday, huge storms, and went from highs of upper 80's to highs in the 60's in a matter of a couple hours! Currently we are sitting at 58 wonderful degrees.

[b]Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been to a Block party ? if we had a block party in my neighborhood, it would be spread out over a square mile We have an annual Festival Day, but not a block party.

Does your neighborhood have block parties ? nope, we are not laid out in blocks here, some neighbors own a small amount of land while others own a large amount, we are not laid out in a grid !

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ? no but I have been begging DH for gutters for 20 years!!! I guess if I want 'em so bad, I need to go get 'em and install 'em myself!

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ?coffee pot...then toaster and microwave and mixer

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ? coffee pot, toaster, mixer and blender...4 My microwave is built in and has a vent-a-hood above the stove.

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ?I have too many to put into blocks, tried it once and there was simply no space on the counters. I have a thing for knives, and have many, many knives. I baby my knives, and watch over them and instantally know when one is missing They live in a cutlerly drawer.

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ?

I just do not like realty shows and cannot get into them even for pretend fun....don't watch at all and would never participate in them....sorry..

Have a great day everyone....

Old 10-10-2009, 12:00 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,071,205 times
Tek_Freek - that is exactly what it looks like here. The leaves are just starting to change and many are green so it looks odd with the white dusting. My dogs love it!

Old 10-10-2009, 12:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,480,004 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been to a Block party ? Yes

Does your neighborhood have block parties ? One of our neighbors hosts a wine and cheese party at their place for all the neighbors every summer. It's nice.

Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ? No, but there is one on one side of the garage.

How often do you clean them out ? Another DH job.

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ? My foodsaver, hands down. Even my husband, who was a huge skeptic, loves that thing. One of our best purchases ever.

How many small appliances do you have on your counters ? 2; the coffee maker and a toaster oven.

Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ? Both, actually.

Just for Fun:

If you were to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race" who would you chose as your partner ? My husband, but he's ineligible (not a U.S. citizen). We wouldn't win anyway. We travel extremely well together, and he is extraordinarily bright and well-traveled. But he's a dorkus klutz and I have Hashimoto's and osteoarthritis in my spine, so I'd be a total drag on our team.

Who would you want as a partner if you were on Dancing with The Stars? Since I can't resurrect Gregory Hines, who would be my first choice, I'd have to go with Savion Glover. In looking for a video on YouTube, I found that he's actually been a special guest performer on DWTS (I don't watch it, myself).

YouTube - Savion Glover - Dancing With The Stars

Happy Saturday everyone!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:55 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,206,798 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been to a Block party ?
No!
Does your neighborhood have block parties ?
No!
Bonus Question:

Do you have gutters on your home ?
Yes!
How often do you clean them out ?
Maybe once a year!!
Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite small kitchen appliance ?
Our Kitchen Aid Mixer!!
How many small appliances do you have on your counters ?
Too many!!
Do you store your knives in one of those knife blocks or in the cutlery drawer ?
Some of them !!

Just for Fun:

Salma Hayek
Hilary Swank

Today in History:
1845 - Naval School (now called U.S. Naval Academy) opens at Annapolis
1865 - John Hyatts patents billiard ball
1886 - 1st dinner jacket worn to autumn ball at Tuxedo Park, New York (which is why it became a tuxedo)
1971 - Fenholt and Webber's musical "Jesus Christ Superstar," premieres in New York City
1971 - 1st game played at Philadelphia's Veteran Stadium, Phils win 4-1
1976 - New Jersey Meadowlands' Giant's Stadium opens

Word of the Day:

2. A daydream.
3. A fantastic, visionary, or impractical idea.

Today is:
National Angel Food Cake Day
National Cake Decorating Day
National Newspaper Carrier Day
Universal Music Day

Old 10-10-2009, 02:20 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,512,461 times
Universal Music Day

Wherever you are.....just make your own joyful sound!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics