Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,658,047 times

Advertisements

Woo Hoo - It's Friday!!! I have some good news too - - - The company I work for has been trying to get a certain development going for a few years now, and yesterday we got the full go ahead!!

Who was the last person you wanted to give a piece of your mind to?
That would probably be my daughter's EX gymnastics coach. Long story, but she quit gymnastics, not because she was tired of it and wanted to do something else, but because she could not deal with him anymore. Unfortunately he is the only coach in town, so she couldn't just go somewhere else.

With the new TV season about to start - Is there one show you're really looking forward to see because of how the season finale left you hanging?
No - We only have one channel, and I don't really watch TV much anyways.

Last time you picked up something for someone?
There were a couple shirts that my daughter had picked out when we were at the store. I couldn't get them at that time, so we hid them. I went back a five days later and they were still where we had hidden them, so I grabbed them and brought them home to her!

Do you say:
Bouquet
BOOquet or
BOWquet - This one!

Vase
V-long a-se or - This one! I don't think I am quite "sophisticated" enough to say it the other way!
V-aw-se

National Hot Cross Bun Day -
Oh! Susanna Day - la la la la - - with a banjo an my knee!
Make Your Bed Day -
"I Want to Start my Own Business" Day - I'm not so sure after handling all the financial matters for someone else's business... I think I like just getting a paycheck!
National Emergency Responders Day - My hat's off to all of them!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 09:28 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,557,654 times
Good morning Karla...

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?

Our politicians in Washington!! I guess I'd have to go into the Politics & Other Controversies forum to do this though!!

No, there isn't a TV show that left me hanging, but I do look forward to a new season of "Little People, Big World"...I love the Roloffs!

Last time you picked up something for someone ? Yesterday

Do you say

Bouquet

BOO-quet
Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se
V-aw-se

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 AM

591 posts, read 667,258 times
Hello everyone. Sorry I'm a little late today. I went to exercise this morning.
Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late

Thats easy, My brother-in-law. He always has his own opinion...and its always right.

Bonus Question:

With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?
Bothers and Sisters.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ? I help my mom and pick up groceries for her. She is 97.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 AM

591 posts, read 667,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
oops had everything typed and hit something and it all went away so hang on while I redo it again

Ok trying again I hate when that happens especially since we all know I am not a speedy typer

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay it is almost the weekend !!! I for one am looking forward to the weekend, but I guess if you think about it, being retired there shouldn't be much difference between during the week & the weekend I am going to have to think on this one for a while

But anyhooo lets get started with

Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ?

Just for Fun:

Do you say

Bouquet

BOO-quet
Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se
V-aw-se

Today in History:
1847 - Stephen Foster performed his "Oh! Susanna" for the very first time, for a crowd at the Eagle Saloon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1950 - "Beetle Bailey" comic strip debuts
1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles
1972 - BART begins service with a 26-mi line from Oakland to Fremont

Word of the Day:
patience [pey-shuhns] noun
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

rofl I couldn't resist !!!

Today is:
National Hot Cross Bun Day
Oh! Susanna Day
Make Your Bed Day
"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day
National Emergency Responders Day
I thought I was late. I'm
glad we are all human. Love you Karla. Ladybee

Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM

54,516 posts, read 34,005,319 times
I don't give a "piece of my mind" to people very often, but I do give them the Peace Of Mind in knowing that Jesus loves them.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:53 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,557,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I don't give a "piece of my mind" to people very often, but I do give them the Peace Of Mind in knowing that Jesus loves them.
Bless you friend!!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,357,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Old 09-11-2009, 10:03 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,415,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
oops had everything typed and hit something and it all went away so hang on while I redo it again

I really hate when that happens. C-D needs a save function

Ok trying again I hate when that happens especially since we all know I am not a speedy typer

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay it is almost the weekend !!! I for one am looking forward to the weekend, but I guess if you think about it, being retired there shouldn't be much difference between during the week & the weekend I am going to have to think on this one for a while

Decades of working and looking forward to the weekend have us programmed/conditioned I guess.

But anyhooo lets get started with

Today's Question(s):

Never happen K.

A member of my HS for not doing something she really should have.

Bonus Question:

I only get to watch such things after the season is done and the whole thing goes to DVD and I rent from Netflix. But to answer the ? I'm looking forward to Bones, Numb3ers and House.

Extra Credit Question:

About 2 weeks ago. Picked up 2 foster dogs to take to adoption day.

Just for Fun:

Do you say

Bouquet

BOO-quet Boo-kay
Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se Vaaz
V-aw-se

Today in History:
1847 - Stephen Foster performed his "Oh! Susanna" for the very first time, for a crowd at the Eagle Saloon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1950 - "Beetle Bailey" comic strip debuts
1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles
1972 - BART begins service with a 26-mi line from Oakland to Fremont

Moved there in 73 expecting something like the NYC subways. NOT

Word of the Day:
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

rofl I couldn't resist !!!

Dogs have been my best teachers when it comes to this.

Today is:

National Hot Cross Bun Day
Oh! Susanna Day
Make Your Bed Day
"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day
National Emergency Responders Day These folks all deserve our support. The K-9 teams work so hard and volunteer much of their time to train. I used to occasionally run across the NorCal unit training when walking with my dogs in the regional parks in Oakland.

Search Dog Foundation - Search Teams Based in California, Florida, New York, Oklahoma, and Utah

Thanks Karla

Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 AM

2,046 posts, read 922,025 times
Hi there everyone! TGIF for sure!

Today's Question(s):

Who was the last person you wanted to "give a piece of your mind to"? Probably one of my kids, or the doctor who admitted my daughter to the hospital without telling her that her insurance wouldn't cover it.

With the new TV season about to start is there one show(s) you're really looking forward to seeing because of how the season finale left you hanging? Ummm...maybe Brothers and Sisters or Desperate Housewives - I don't know. Lost, perhaps.

Last time you picked up something for someone? I picked up my daughter Wednesday to take to college because she can't drive for 6 months.

Do you say BOO-quet or Bow-quet? Boo-kay

Vase: v-long a-se

patience [pey-shuhns] noun: the quality of being patient. Okay, okay, I said I was working on this!

Make Your Bed Day - oh, maaaaannnn
"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day - I always wanted to

Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,974,263 times
I'm happy to say, I can't think of anyone! It really is a good day!

The only show I watch faithfully is "Two and a half Men" Oh yeah - I'll be checking it out,
Now if only Charlie Sheen could stick to acting & stay out of politics!

Medication, food, you name it....all for my mom. Just got back from Colorado to help her after a fall.
Perhaps the thing I should remember is that SHE picked up something for me: my spirit.

Do you say

Bouquet

BOO-quet
Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se
V-aw-se
I'll say both of these any way you want if it'll get you to buy some flowers!!

Word of the Day:

rofl I couldn't resist !!! Possibly your best word selection to date!!!

Today is:
National Hot Cross Bun Day I haven't read everyone's answers yet, but Mike? GO TO YOUR ROOM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics