Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:20 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,207,487 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we talked bedrooms so today as suggested, today let find out about your garages !!!

Attached or not attached ? attached

How many cars is it "meant" to hold ? 2

How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ? I can fit 2

What takes up the most space in your garage ? My car

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? Nope

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of National Day of the Working Parent

Growing up how many of our "? family" had both parents that worked ? I did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 AM

48,500 posts, read 22,142,767 times
Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we talked bedrooms so today as suggested, today let find out about your garages !!!

Attached or not attached ?
Attatched.
How many cars is it "meant" to hold ?
Two.
How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ?
Plenty of room for two cars....we only have one.
What takes up the most space in your garage ?
The car.....isnt that how its supposed to work.
Next to that....the recyclables and trash.

(I am very acquainted with the garage space just now.....as I re-organized and cleaned it this past week. Last week one of the answers would have been empty cardboard moving boxes that have gathered garden tools, old plant pots, hoses and extention cords. That stuff has been taken to public works and to a roadside vender where I get some of my plants and some stuff (shop vac etc.) to my basement. )

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ?

No.

How many forgot or weren't aware and put their trash out anyway ?

The dogs just came and told me that the men in the big truck are stealing our stuff again.

Extra Credit Question:

Growing up how many of our "? family" had both parents that worked ?
My mom was a "stay-at-home-mom" while i was in Elementary School.....as college got closer for my brother and myself....she started working and saving.

Today in History:
1858 - John Holden hits 1st recorded HR (Brooklyn vs New York)
1935 - “I’m Popeye the sailor man.."Popeye" was heard for the first time on NBC radio.
1953 - Swanson sells it's 1st "TV dinner" I remember.....terrible stuff, but we were amazed.

Last edited by elston; 09-10-2009 at 06:45 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,417,548 times
[quote=Karla with a K;10690678]Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
I am running slightly behind because I was reading all of the great posts for yesterdays ? which BTW was suggested by one of our loyal "? family members"

Ok so I have gotten a couple more suggestions from our "? family" that I am going to share with you in

Today's Question(s):

Attached or not attached ? Hmm, not really. Between house and garage there's our entrance/carport (closed on 3 sides)

How many cars is it "meant" to hold ? 1 but it's so slim only my dad drives the car into it. The other car has enough space under the carport.

How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ? Not me. Well I might get it in but I would have a heck of a time getting it out again

What takes up the most space in your garage ? Stuff. A lot of wood, some old windows, bikes, old tires, and much much more.

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? No holiday over here

Growing up how many of our "? family" had both parents that worked ? Both my parents worked.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,611,712 times
Man o Man...I walk away for just a minute and I'm on page two lol..It's a plot! I knew it!!!...

Today's Question(s):

Attached or not attached ? Attached

How many cars is it "meant" to hold ? lol two

How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ? If we moved a couple of things then 1
What takes up the most space in your garage ? A boat named Charley and a Harley.

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? Nope..the big men stole our garbage anyway.

Extra Credit Question:

Growing up how many of our "? family" had both parents that worked ? My mom was a subsitute teacher so for the most part she was a SAHM.

Today in History:
1858 - John Holden hits 1st recorded HR (Brooklyn vs New York)
1935 - “I’m Popeye the sailor man.."Popeye" was heard for the first time on NBC radio.
1953 - Swanson sells it's 1st "TV dinner"*remember the tin foil covers?

Word of the Day:
noisome \NOY-sum\ , adjective:
1. Noxious; harmful; unwholesome.
2. Offensive to the smell or other senses

Today is:
TV Dinner Day
Boss / Employee Exchange Day-I can exchange my boss?? Whoohoo!!!
Sew Be It Day
Swap Ideas Day
National Day of the Working Parent

Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 AM

338 posts, read 321,619 times
Good Morning Everyone!!

Today's Question(s):

the car

Bonus Question:
I live in an apartment so it didn't affect me

Extra Credit Question:

Have a great Thursday!!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,545,268 times
Good morning everyone.

Attached or not attached ? We don't have a garage. We have 2 detached 8x20 shipping containers and a barn.

How many cars is it "meant" to hold ? No cars. One shipping container is a workshop and storage for our solar set up. The other has the 4-wheeler and lawn mower. The barn, let's just say that's the catch all, lol.

How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ? N/A

What takes up the most space in your garage ? N/A

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? No trash pick up here. That would be DH and I and we went to the dump yesterday.

How many forgot or weren't aware and put their trash out anyway ? N/A.

Both of my parents worked but they didn't live in the same house. When they did live in the same house my mother didn't have to work.

Have a great day.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,414,468 times
[quote=Karla with a K;10690678]Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday

Today's Question(s):

Attached or not attached ? Not attached

How many cars is it "meant" to hold ? 4 2 x 2 in tandem

How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ? not at this time

What takes up the most space in your garage ? dog runs, gorilla racks with 30 or so bags of dog food, horse food, goat food, an ATV and a trail cutter/mower

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? No pick up here, it's drive your own to the dumpsters

Extra Credit Question:

Mine, mom worked full time with just a few months off for each kid

Today is:
TV Dinner Day ate a few of those in my time
Boss / Employee Exchange Day
Sew Be It Day maybe I'll tackle organizing the sewing room today
Swap Ideas Day
National Day of the Working Parent

Thanks Karla

Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,762,033 times
Today's Question(s):

Attached or not attached ? Attached

How many cars is it "meant" to hold ? Two

How many here actually can fit a car in their garage ? We can but it has to be the right combination: our Pathfinder plus one of the small cars, and you have to be careful about opening the doors or else you'll ding the car next to you. The stupid garage should have been about a foot wider to be ideal.

What takes up the most space in your garage ? The cars. At this point, we have four cars but are trying to sell one. Even if we finally sell the 4th car, the garage would still be taken up with two cars. The other one is outside. That's life, with 20-something kids living at home.

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? Wasn't a holiday here in Oz, so rubbish-pickup day was still Monday. Only time they don't pick up rubbish here is if Christmas falls on a Monday.

How many forgot or weren't aware and put their trash out anyway ? We never forget. We only get one bin's worth of rubbish a week, so you don't want to forget!

Extra Credit Question:

Both my parents worked when I was between 3 and 9. They had to as times were tough. Once things got better, my mom quit work and stayed home with us kids.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:02 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times
Today's Question(s):

It is attached

If I work at it I can get 1 car in.

Sure isn't the car

Bonus Question:

Nope. Trash pick up never changes

Putting my garbage out on the wrong day is not a problem for me. Remembering to put the trash out at all is another story

Extra Credit Question:

My dad always worked. My mom worked much of the time. Once I was 12 I usually had a job.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times
Today's Question(s):

Attached
The truck! Actually there is only one metal shelf with stuff on it.

Bonus Question:

With Monday being a Holiday, did this change your trash pick up day this week ? Take the trash to the recycle center.No pick up here.

Extra Credit Question:

Dad had his own business and mom worked for Dad but she was usually home when I got home from school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics