Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:53 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,553,836 times

Advertisements

Lisa will like this one......

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired.. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two....'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money..' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's..

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

>From Kingman , KS .

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE :
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had ice burg lettuce..
From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask..'

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing. ' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the- headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on..

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less..

IDIOT SIGHTING

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and they REPRODUCE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,263,651 times
Most are these are bogus. An old internet hoax.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,302,800 times
Lol!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 AM

36,450 posts, read 16,055,816 times
Wow, I thought they were funny!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,650,172 times
Good ones - Granny Sue!! Here's one that actually happened to me:

Many years ago I was working in an appliance store and was talking to two other girls that worked there. One was in her thirties and the other one was maybe 20, and a little on the dingy side... So we are just talking about funny things, and she tells us about how when they were in high school they would go through the drive throughs in reverse, just to be funny. Then she says that then they had to hurry up and drive out so no one would come up to the drive through and block them in!

The other girl and I are a little confused and say "Why didn't you just pull out in reverse?" and she looks at us completely baffled and says "You can't do that!" So as we are laughing our heads off we are trying to explain to her that since she already went through the drive through in reverse, why couldn't she just keep going out that way and then turn around!! She never quite got what we were saying, but we sure had a good laugh about it!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,189,072 times
Funny stuff

Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,713,193 times

Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,459,818 times
Thanks for the morning giggle.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:10 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,426,608 times
You are so right. I love it. Thanks for the laugh.

I have another that happened to my DH and I. We went to a McDonald's drive thru and ordered 2 kids meals. We pulled out onto the road and I got my DH set up since he was driving. He had a bun and no meat. I would think that is a big part of a hamburger, lol.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
It just makes you wanna slap their mamas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics