Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,938,360 times

Advertisements

Well sh*t, there goes the whole population of the PI--that's all we wear back in my homeland. I guess I better start plotting my will now.... :O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:30 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,650,424 times
Oh please. Whoever wrote that piece must not be a wearer of flip flops....there is virtually NO handling of them. You just slip them on and off and never actually touch them. Plus whatever is on the flip flops is also on the tennis shoes, pumps and whatever else walked into the same places, so there's still the same germs being carried around.

The only major difference is if you are wearing any type of open shoe , including open toed, sling backs, crocs and sandals, then you are at more risk for germs getting into open sores on your foot. But that's not a new thing.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,801,409 times
my mom slipped twice wearing those things, fist time she dislocated her arm second time she sprained her ankle..>>death shoes !!! i hate those things.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:42 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,722,761 times
I have never been comfortable in flip-flops than I've never been comfortable in shorts either so I know I'm the odd ball. I've always wondered why a place that has a sign that says "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service" will serve you if you wear flip flops?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,394,704 times
You're not kidding about flip-flops possibly killing you. The hubster stood on the back of one of mine and sent me sprawling!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 AM

9,564 posts, read 16,673,493 times
I see more and more people wearing flip flops on planes. I don't think its appropriate and in many condtions should the plane need to be evacuated, the shoes would be protection. Beyond that the people that board planes and remove their flip flops. People that cross their legs with the sole of their feet right next to you. Airline seating is cramped enough without your fellow passenger's feet sticking up at you. Please wear sandles or keep your damn shoes on until you get where your going.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 AM

2,251 posts, read 6,986,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I see more and more people wearing flip flops on planes. I don't think its appropriate and in many condtions should the plane need to be evacuated, the shoes would be protection. Beyond that the people that board planes and remove their flip flops. People that cross their legs with the sole of their feet right next to you. Airline seating is cramped enough without your fellow passenger's feet sticking up at you. Please wear sandles or keep your damn shoes on until you get where your going.
I so agree with this. Especially some people's feet just plain stink. That's why they invented socks people.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:55 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,867,033 times
flip flop are the lazy man's extra cheap footwear. I like the Oriental version of the flip flop and thier custom sounding the wearing of those footwear.

Personally I think anyone who wears them in public should either be coming or going to the shower stalls or headed out to beach. It always sounds so sloppy when (adult) people walk in them flapping around, slap slap, just nasty.

Not to say I haven't worn them and had a pair I bought for camping to use at the showers, if I wear them it is only around the house to go out get mail or something so I don't burn my feet, I don't go out in public with them on.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 PM

72,554 posts, read 18,266,942 times
I never wear flip flops,I have flat arches,can't wear them to walk.I always take my shoes or sneakers off as soon as I enter the home. I actually have a pair in the kitchen,when I enter the kitchen,I would put them on,but slip them off as soon as I leave the kitchen.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:44 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,084,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Oh please. Whoever wrote that piece must not be a wearer of flip flops....there is virtually NO handling of them. You just slip them on and off and never actually touch them. Plus whatever is on the flip flops is also on the tennis shoes, pumps and whatever else walked into the same places, so there's still the same germs being carried around.

The only major difference is if you are wearing any type of open shoe , including open toed, sling backs, crocs and sandals, then you are at more risk for germs getting into open sores on your foot. But that's not a new thing.
That's exactly what I was just thinking. All types of open foot footwear will have more exposure to germs. I don't wear filp flops but I do wear sandals very often and I've never had any infection problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics