Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova10 View Post
What's up with the store clerks who LICK their fingers while counting out one's dollar bills change?! Or who lick their fingers before opening a plastic bag.

Seriously, I have actually taken the bag with my purchased stuff into it and had their aforementioned SPIT on my hand!! FINALLY I got to the point where I'll say as gingerly and kindly as I can muster, "Ma'am/Sir, please don't lick your fingers when you count out my money" to the shock and disgust of THEM towards ME. This happened the other day to me while at Shoppers Food Warehouse.
Um, how can YOU be offended that EYE don't want YOUR spit on my stuff or my own body? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Side note: I've heard that the U.S. Mint does their bi/annual paper money swipes and guess what the two most common substances on paper money are:

Fecal matter
Coca.ine.

Yep.

So I don't know how anyone with even a slow functioning brain could not just lick but repeatedly lick their fingers while in public anyways.

Ok, I'm done. For now.
What about customers?

Recently on tv, it showed customers who lick their fingers while opening plastic bags, then proceed to squeeze all the bulk vegetables to decide which ones to take.

They also showed customers licking their fingers to open plastic bags then failing to use a tissue or tongs to select donuts and rolls.

One woman even licked frosting off her finger each time she put a donut in her bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova10 View Post
Is it SO HARD to flush a toilet, particularly when you're using a PUBLIC bathroom? (I don't want to see your processed lunch w/ corn skins in it!!!)
And on that note, how hard is it NOT to "wee wee" on the floor?? Is the toilet bowl not wide enough for you? I DO NOT want to step in your bodily fluids!!

Oh YUCK! Also, when women leave their tampon in the toilet - YUCK!

People: FLUSH - make sure your stuff goes down!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:45 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,103 times
Clerks that politely ask you at the checkout line after ringing up your order
"will this be all today?"
I feel like responding..
"NO, I THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN A FEW ITEMS! COULD YOU WAIT HERE WHILE I FINISH MY SHOPPING?" LOL

Old 11-08-2009, 05:28 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Clerks that politely ask you at the checkout line after ringing up your order
"will this be all today?"
I feel like responding..
"NO, I THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN A FEW ITEMS! COULD YOU WAIT HERE WHILE I FINISH MY SHOPPING?" LOL
LOL Great one!

Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Default What Peeve Do "You" Have Today????

LaceyEx does a great job with the "Peeve of the Day" so I thought this would be a good place to add a different peeve that you have for the day.

I'll start with a peeve of mine. I hate when people don't pick up their papers and fliers from in front of their house. I live in a neighborhood where we get circulars and a little local paper twice a week. I pick mine up off my lawn or driveway as soon as I see. Some people leave theirs on their lawns for days and they start to get a collection of circulars. These people are home and they do come and go from their houses so why can't they pick up a paper?

Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
my big peeve is the damn sound on tv, whats with the sound editors, some scenes on tv and the movies just blast you out of the room!!! and especially commercials, the decibel levels on some commercials are like 6 times higher than the show or movie!! it realy peeves me off!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Yeah,,,, we get that in our area as well. I can’t understand why someone throws them into the yard instead of placing at the door.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,026,236 times
My peeve is people driving with their bright lights on either coming towards you and right behind you!!! Deal with that every Sat. nite after work. Now with daylight savings, it should start getting lighter in the evenings.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,500,862 times
My peeve is major newspapers who do an "in-depth" report, lasting several days or an entire week, on some topic and proceed to leave out major pieces of information. People read the article and form or reinforce their opinions (thanks for the nudge, Lacey) on incomplete information. The "in-depth report" then becomes nothing more than a week-long editorial to support the newspaper's agenda, which should either be labeled "Editorial" or placed squarely on their editorial page.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:06 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Newspapers don't have "investigative reporters" anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics