Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,008,081 times

Advertisements

I am neither. I am in my own little world most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,675,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
In your general everyday life do you feel you lead or do you follow?
Are you dependant on someone else to make decisions for you or are you the decision maker?
You must have gotten that phrase from me. I always say that when referring to those who call mommy at the least little thing. Or those who run to call the pigs whenever something goes wrong. The only thing more dangerous then a pig are those who like and trust them.

What is a follower to me? People who are afraid of freedom and afraid to make decisions. They want their lives to be controlled, to be put into a box: "Be here at 9, leave at 5, we'll take care of you."
People like that cradle-to-grave concept because it says you don't have to think too much, you don't have to worry too much, because someone else is looking out for you.

What is a follower? Take charge, make your own decisions, ignore the govt and the pigs and live without their help. Be strong. If some one gives you a hard time, hollar back what you think of them. Be better then those pizz azz idiots who give you a hard time Never ever work for some slob at the expense of your own time and pride. Be your own boss and succeed with out any ones help.

No hate mail please !

Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 PM

751 posts, read 1,674,607 times
Quote:
Are you dependant on someone else to make decisions for you or are you the decision maker?

I'd played follow the leader when I was a kid now I'm alittle of both leader and follower.

As for depending on someone else to make decisions for me nope I'm a very independent and very capable to make them on my own.In my relationship my boyfriend and I both lead and follow each other and make compromises.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:40 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,462,751 times
Quote:
I'm an independent thinker. At work, I will take orders from management (cause I wanna keep my job...lol). At home with hubby, I'm pretty much the leader because he is, for the most part, an indecisive person. He lets me do the thinking for the both of us.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:50 PM

17 posts, read 42,665 times
Red face Apathy

If I weren't so overwhelmingly apathetic about life, I would probably be president of the world by now.

But unending apathy means that I don't have to get up early in the morning. I can just lie in bed and sigh.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:19 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,491,686 times
I am a leader and I am also a decision maker, and proud of it!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 AM

27 posts, read 36,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You must have gotten that phrase from me. I always say that when referring to those who call mommy at the least little thing. Or those who run to call the pigs whenever something goes wrong. The only thing more dangerous then a pig are those who like and trust them.

What is a follower to me? People who are afraid of freedom and afraid to make decisions. They want their lives to be controlled, to be put into a box: "Be here at 9, leave at 5, we'll take care of you."
People like that cradle-to-grave concept because it says you don't have to think too much, you don't have to worry too much, because someone else is looking out for you.

What is a follower? Take charge, make your own decisions, ignore the govt and the pigs and live without their help. Be strong. If some one gives you a hard time, hollar back what you think of them. Be better then those pizz azz idiots who give you a hard time Never ever work for some slob at the expense of your own time and pride. Be your own boss and succeed with out any ones help.

No hate mail please !

Excellent description!

I'm a bit of both but I feel I'm mostly a leader. I'll follow any leader willingly and gladly if the leaders' decisions make sense. If they don't, I'll always question. If I accept the explainations, I'll co-operate.

There is a difference (imo) between one who follows through co -operation and one who follows blindly (sheep)

My greatest fear is becoming a sheep-like thinker. I can't imagine a worse fate in life than to blindly follow, without question.

My greatest frustration is being ruled by sheeple with a wee bit of power. I understand their need to feel in control sometimes, and I'll throw them a bone by not being too difficult. But when they try and stop people from being MORE than a sheep( folks who can actually think for themeselves)...The rebel leader in me comes out roaring

Old 07-19-2009, 12:07 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,675,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushifreak View Post
Excellent description!

I'm a bit of both but I feel I'm mostly a leader. I'll follow any leader willingly and gladly if the leaders' decisions make sense. If they don't, I'll always question. If I accept the explainations, I'll co-operate.

There is a difference (imo) between one who follows through co -operation and one who follows blindly (sheep)

My greatest fear is becoming a sheep-like thinker. I can't imagine a worse fate in life than to blindly follow, without question.

My greatest frustration is being ruled by sheeple with a wee bit of power. I understand their need to feel in control sometimes, and I'll throw them a bone by not being too difficult. But when they try and stop people from being MORE than a sheep( folks who can actually think for themeselves)...The rebel leader in me comes out roaring
You are right. I have another expression for followers and leaders. How bout Wolves and Sheep?

What makes a human being want to follow the brown spot in front of them? What if that brown spot is dirty and unwashed?

Just remember......It's better to die on your feet then to live on your knees.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:43 PM

27 posts, read 36,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
What makes a human being want to follow the brown spot in front of them? What if that brown spot is dirty and unwashed?

Just remember......It's better to die on your feet then to live on your knees.

Because in their eyes, everything they are being told is prettily packaged for easy consumption. Offered up are a series of solutions to problems which never should have existed in the first place. These kinds of "followers" are usually the ones who cry freedom in name only. Most of them probably cheer for the "security" offered by the state.

Its easier to just go with flow. (which ironically is what happens when a person drowns..they go with the flow) They want someone else to solve their problems. Free thinking is dangerous! To break from the herd signals insubordination to the vast machine.

Its easier to have someone lead the way before you, even if its right to the slaughter house. By the time these people get to the chute and smell the blood, something (finally)tells them in no uncertain terms "something just aint right".

Its not easy for that kind of mindset to admit that they are dead wrong most of the time and they'll go kicking and flailing like mad men...right to the killing floor.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.." - Samuel Adams - 1776

Old 07-19-2009, 01:50 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,876,403 times
If I'm not leading ..I'm following!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics