Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,219,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Growing old certainly beats the alternative.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,760,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jesus said in Matthew 6:34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today".

Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,937,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
I've watched movies where-by there is some mysterical notion that age can be preserved....I suppose I missed my calling on that...
you watched too many movies... lol j/k

Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,652,616 times
Why I do not not to spend time worrying about being old and alone.

..Have raised 4 children in a secure, loving, home/family/community environment which instilled those values in them..Shared my faith and beliefs with them and encouraged them to seek God..Did not pick up and move far away from my children just because they were grown up and I no longer felt any responsibility for them, or because h was retired.

Grandchildren need grandparents nearby to spoil them, love them and teach them from a lifetime of wisdom gained from experience..something I would not have missed for all the travel plans or retirement villages in the world

All this keeps me active, alert and young at heart and mind

Old 06-30-2009, 12:03 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,555,508 times
I really don't care to relive my 20's, 30's or even most of my 40's
I think I'm aging, gracefully.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Why I do not not to spend time worrying about being old and alone.

..Have raised 4 children in a secure, loving, home/family/community environment which instilled those values in them..Shared my faith and beliefs with them and encouraged them to seek God..Did not pick up and move far away from my children just because they were grown up and I no longer felt any responsibility for them, or because h was retired.

Grandchildren need grandparents nearby to spoil them, love them and teach them from a lifetime of wisdom gained from experience..something I would not have missed for all the travel plans or retirement villages in the world

All this keeps me active, alert and young at heart and mind
Awe shucks tried to rep ya but it wouldn't allow me again so i can just say outstanding response and post! thanks

Old 06-30-2009, 07:16 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,831,077 times
Quote:
Well I think alot of it starts with our appearance and progresses from that point. At that point it effects the mind in my opinion. I had an opportunity this past year to visit with people from my past and like you appeared younger in looks and was even questioned, how do you do that?

Looks or age just the concern for my children and what is ahead for them.
Thanks for the input!
I too get questioned often. I have had some deny what I told them my age is and fight me on it.

You didn't say what your answer is when they question you.

I tell them all the same thing: No drink, no smoke, eat no meat, rock and roll and lots of boating and fishing. I dont know if it's true but that's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,541,562 times
Quote:
Ever been a moment when you see or imagine yourself 5, 10, 20 years from now and being all alone. I sometimes get that thought and find myself worrying for my children and whats ahead for them!

How about you?
I don't worry about getting older at all. The wrinkles and other signs of aging are my battle scars for making it this far through my journey. Each day gets me closer to where I want to end up any way.

As for the kids, after barely surviving the teen years without slamming my head in the fridge, I figure if life gets a little tough for them.....it is due payback for everything they put me through.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I don't worry about getting older at all. The wrinkles and other signs of aging are my battle scars for making it this far through my journey. Each day gets me closer to where I want to end up any way. Where is it that you want to end up?

As for the kids, after barely surviving the teen years without slamming my head in the fridge, I figure if life gets a little tough for them.....it is due payback for everything they put me through.
Wow, hopefully nobody will knock on your door this morning.....lol

Old 07-01-2009, 06:05 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,717,483 times
Quote:
Ever been a moment when you see or imagine yourself 5, 10, 20 years from now and being all alone. I sometimes get that thought and find myself worrying for my children and whats ahead for them!

How about you?
I have my bouts with this very thing from time to time but they I see how healthy I am and thank God for each day I'm able to do what I do.
I also try to bring it back to today. One day at a time. What is important is right now and how I handle myself each moment.
I like the serentiy prayer too......Gods will be done...not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics