Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:10 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,162,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
And you can't just not answer or turn on the answering machine all the time.
I do!!! I hardly ever answer my home phone or cell phone.

All my friends know to leave a message if they want me to call them back.

I hate talking on the phone, since I wear hearing aids in both ears, and some people I just can't understand what the heck they're saying over the phone. So I screen all my calls. Being deaf, does have it's perks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 05:21 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,156,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
With the age of cell phones and all the great packages available, why have a land-line home phone?

I got rid of mine, how about you?

Saved me $60.00 a month
I don't have one in my home neither because my daughter will be on it 24/7 so I rather not go there with one

Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,499,987 times
Got rid of ours about two weeks ago and got DSL, and I love it!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I do!!! I hardly ever answer my home phone or cell phone.

All my friends know to leave a message if they want me to call them back.

I hate talking on the phone, since I wear hearing aids in both ears, and some people I just can't understand what the heck they're saying over the phone. So I screen all my calls. Being deaf, does have it's perks!!!
I always used TTY with mom for several years. I couldn't get her into computers and text messaging back in those days. However I did enjoy conversations with her via the TTY machine.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,600,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Got rid of ours about two weeks ago and got DSL, and I love it!
I need my home phone to have DSL, how did you get it without a phone line. I got the cheapest rate about $7 a month only because I need it for DSL/fax. I don't even have a phone plugged into the line, but if I need to make a phone call, I just plug a phone, supposedly i'm limited to 25 calls a month for $7.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:29 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,407,379 times
I haven't had a hard line phone since having either one of these: or

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. I mean I haven't owned one since we all had these:

Old 06-23-2009, 08:58 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
Angry I'm working with you on this project ~ we need to TALK

just this morning!

Interesting ,,,,, I emailed a person that I have to deal with about some issues and I wanted to let them know where I was and what has been happening at this particular time. I told them to call me and gave them the number. I got a reply saying,,,,, “are you a Verison customer too, I’m short on time this month”. My thoughts were hell no I’m not a Verison customer, I’ve got a land line good for 24/7 call me there from a payphone if you need to.

Damn why do people continue to have those types of service contracts with what they call a phone company?
“can you hear me now?”

Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,922,248 times
I still have a land line. I don't have cell coverage where I live, and even if I did, I'd be more likely to use my land than cell anyway. Just like it better.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,209,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
just this morning!

Interesting ,,,,, I emailed a person that I have to deal with about some issues and I wanted to let them know where I was and what has been happening at this particular time. I told them to call me and gave them the number. I got a reply saying,,,,, “are you a Verison customer too, I’m short on time this month”. My thoughts were hell no I’m not a Verison customer, I’ve got a land line good for 24/7 call me there from a payphone if you need to.

Damn why do people continue to have those types of service contracts with what they call a phone company?
“can you hear me now?”
I tried to rep you ah....but it said I gotta pass it around
Now Im with ya on that point, time or call limits... then blow you off...whats the purpose of having the phone if you cant talk on it...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 AM

23,039 posts, read 34,499,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
I need my home phone to have DSL, how did you get it without a phone line. I got the cheapest rate about $7 a month only because I need it for DSL/fax. I don't even have a phone plugged into the line, but if I need to make a phone call, I just plug a phone, supposedly i'm limited to 25 calls a month for $7.
ATT&T has DSL direct, no phone needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics