Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times

Advertisements

I can relate. ha ha. Once I was in a very tiny compact car and the chick was driving 70 on the high way like a mad-woman and screeching at the 'slow' drivers on top of all that...I thought we were going to crash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I would require a VERY high level of trust and I don't trust anyone with my life except ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You race? That is very impressive.
Yeah ... just one of my "many" talents.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,659,293 times
I prefer Mercedes Benz. The older models.

Corvettes are for balding executives in their fifties who are single and desperate. Aside from being simply stunningly unattractive.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:27 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,808 times
Quote:
I would require a VERY high level of trust and I don't trust anyone with my life except ME.
I understand what youre saying, but, in actuality...you do trust many others with your life virtually every day : Pilots when you get in an airplane, Taxi drivers , other Motorists, Doctors, Carnival ride manufacturers/operators , automobile manufacturers/service depts , same for Buses and Trains....and many other people. Many times, we dont haven any choice but to place our trust in others ; scary sometimes isnt it ?

Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

Corvettes are for balding executives in their fifties who are single and desperate. Aside from being simply stunningly unattractive.
Well, I just turned 55 today , divorced, still have a full head of dark brown hair , own a 2006 and 1970 Corvette , and dont feel desperate about anything . I find the Corvette beautiful with nice lines resembling the outline of an attractive shapely lady who is refined and non-bitchy

Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

Well I do think the corvette is a head-turner, at least I always check out the nice ones. But frankly, I'd also much prefer a Benz...'vettes are simply an uncomfortable ride.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well I do think the corvette is a head-turner, at least I always check out the nice ones. But frankly, I'd also much prefer a Benz...'vettes are simply an uncomfortable ride.
I like a lot of different kinds of cars. I've never really thought that one's preference or choice of an automobile brands them the way Coldwine seems to think they do. Personally, I like the 1970 Hemi Superbirds, Daytonas, and 'Cudas ... what does that make me?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I understand what youre saying, but, in actuality...you do trust many others with your life virtually every day : Pilots when you get in an airplane, Taxi drivers , other Motorists, Doctors, Carnival ride manufacturers/operators , automobile manufacturers/service depts , same for Buses and Trains....and many other people. Many times, we dont haven any choice but to place our trust in others ; scary sometimes isnt it ?
If we want to be literal, yeah leaving the house can be dangerous but I see a distinction between getting in a car with someone driving very fast and if we crash, we will die and driving down the street where I have a 95% chance fo survival. Flying is not one of my favorite things to do, for many reasons. Yeah life is scary.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
If we want to be literal, yeah leaving the house can be dangerous but I see a distinction between getting in a car with someone driving very fast and if we crash, we will die and driving down the street where I have a 95% chance fo survival. Flying is not one of my favorite things to do, for many reasons. Yeah life is scary.
LIFE IS FRAGILE...HANDLE WITH PRAYER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics