Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,750,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Let me make a correction here. folks. Guess I shouldnt have used the term 'desperation' in one of my earlier posts. Sorry. That is far from whatever word should have been used. Sorry again. I was thinking actually of a movie we watched last week here, called 'Desperately Seeking Susan', starring Madonna. I wasnt impressed with it and wouldnt sit through it again.

**bringing back a reply I made to someone's thread about how one word in a sentence can bring on a whole new meaning of the original sentence. **
Boy, isn't that the truth!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,277,692 times
Quote:
Pssssst: We dont have anyone to send to their rooms for their goofy comments now.....
[/font]
That was my thought too after all you can only kick a guy for so long. I hope he comes back we all miss his wit and charm.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,638,729 times
Mike always has such beautiful posts of his patriotism, his faith and love for his country and the ones who have served and are serving now on Memorial Day and Veterans Day..I hope if he can he will post for them

Old 05-23-2009, 09:38 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,977,021 times
I guess I owe everybody an explanation. I was kidnapped and held for ransom by a radical group called VSMA (Victoria's Secret Models of America) Nobody wanted to pay the ransom, so VSMA paid me and my parents a big ransom just to get rid of me...

Wow, I didn't know I had so many friends here... Sounds like I could use a vacation out in the middle of nowhere by now, no computers, TV.... or Victoria's Secret models, which is what Aksarben is doing now.

I created a thread in the Other Topics section with a brief explanation. Thanks everybody for your encouraging thoughts and words, and I definitely could use your prayers to help me regain my strength and move on.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,644,764 times
Quote:
Chances are, once he finds his dream woman, he might come back. Its obvious to everyone hes been 'desperately seeking'.
I'm right here! I'm here Mike, I'm RIGHT HERE!

C'mon up to my mountain holler and first I'll send ya to yore room and then I'll join ya - heh heh heh...

Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 PM

2,046 posts, read 921,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Mike - if you are checking in, please know that there are many people here, including me, who would feel that City Data lost a great friend if you stopped posting. We need your warmth, humor and inspiration. Please come back soon!
Amen to that!

Old 05-23-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Well we must admit, he does need to be happy himself. And Im sure he will find that happiness. But it would be nice to see his posts in here. He is a good person and will make a great s.o. for someone. We all wish him well.

Pssssst: We dont have anyone to send to their rooms for their goofy comments now.....
Maybe nitram can fill the gap until Mike comes back? Or toosie?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I guess I owe everybody an explanation. I was kidnapped and held for ransom by a radical group called VSMA (Victoria's Secret Models of America) Nobody wanted to pay the ransom, so VSMA paid me and my parents a big ransom just to get rid of me...

Wow, I didn't know I had so many friends here... Sounds like I could use a vacation out in the middle of nowhere by now, no computers, TV.... or Victoria's Secret models, which is what Aksarben is doing now.

I created a thread in the Other Topics section with a brief explanation. Thanks everybody for your encouraging thoughts and words, and I definitely could use your prayers to help me regain my strength and move on.
Da-yum! I didn't see this until after I posted the other posts! WELCOME BACK! <wink, wink> You sure had have a LOT of people worried about you! I'm so happy I might have to fight Alice T for you!

Old 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,673,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
Maybe nitram can fill the gap until Mike comes back? Or toosie?
Hey hey hey! Where's a mod when you need one? Slander! Libel! I will NOT go to my room, I tell you!

Mike, I know I said take your time but with all these beasts here I need you to hurry back!

Hmmm..if IOP and Alice are gonna be fighting - will it be in jello? Could get interesting

Old 05-23-2009, 03:15 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,635,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
HAHA... well, glad to see you made it safe and sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics