Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,656,558 times

Advertisements

Good neighbors are a blessing!

We live in a rural area and only have a few neighbors that are 1/2 mile away, but there is one in particular that surprised us by doing the nicest thing a couple winters ago. The whole area was having flood problems, and he noticed that while my husband and I were at work, our driveway was literally being washed away! Our driveway is behind a locked gate and he actually contacted my MIL and had her open the gate so he could bring in his excavator and fix the road before it got too bad!! We came home to him on his excavator fixing our road! If he hadn't of been there, or cared enough to do something about it, our road would have been destroyed!

Before this whole thing took place, this person had never really even met us before, except around Christmas I did bring him a plate of cookies, and he commented that his family was out of town, so he could have them all to himself - - - - My husband still jokes that those cookies saved our driveway!!

So, do you have some good neighbors to brag about, or maybe you have been a good neighbor??? What else makes today a happy day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 AM

947 posts, read 2,405,605 times
When we lived in Arkansas last we had good neighbors. He would help mow our grass and watch our house when we were out of town. A very nice man. We still stop by and say hi when we go back home.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 AM

947 posts, read 2,405,605 times
Oh yeah I gotta happy thing for today.
I forgot. LOL

My mom is driving 2 hours to Louisiana to come help me today. My DH took our car keys with him on the truck this week so my mom is coming down here so I can run to the store and get boxes ect.
I am so happy about that!
Also she is taking 2 of my kids home with her so I can try to get some packing done.
One is on the truck with DH and I will only have the twins here. Yay a break for me.

Last edited by stacieberry; 05-20-2009 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-20-2009, 10:07 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,656,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Oh yeah I gotta happy thing for today.
I forgot. LOL

My mom is driving 2 hours to Louisiana to come help me today. My DH took our car keys with him on the truck this week so my mom is coming down here so I can run to the store and get boxes ect.
I am so happy about that!
Also she is taking 2 of my kids home with her so I can try to get some packing done.
One is on the truck with DH and I will only have the twins here. Yay a break for me.

What a sweet Mom! How cool that she is so helpful for you - enjoy the break! My Mom lives too far away, but my MIL is like my 2nd Mom! I have to leave for work before my son has to catch the bus, and the bus stop is almost a mile from the house, so she picks him up and brings him to the bus every morning!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,648,867 times
Good neighbors, gotta love 'em! Sure beats nosy or difficult neighbors, too!

And positive mom-in-laws. I feared the proverbial mom-in-law in my youth, but not to worry. There are lots of good ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics