Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 PM

4,505 posts, read 8,903,547 times

Advertisements

Originally I posted this in the Nebraska Forum but it was closed because it was not relevant. If septic tanks aren't a part of green living. . . what is?
During most of the 1970's and 1980's I was an over the road truck driver. In the early 1980's I found a rural acreage with an older home that I decided to buy. Since I wasn't home often enough to take care of it I decided to rent it out.

A young married couple were the first ones to answer my ad so I rented to them. I had left them instructions to call a friend of mine who was a licensed electrician and plumber in case there were any problems. My renters mailed their rent check each month to my CPA and for four years the check was there two or three days before it was due, just like clockwork.

So when I got a message from my dispatcher that I needed to call my CPA I was a little curious about what the problem was. I called the CPA and he told me my rent would be late because my renter was in jail for beating the hell out of his wife. I couldn't understand what the problem was because they always seemed to get along great and Keith sure didn't seem like the kind of guy to beat his wife.

My CPA also told me he had paid my plumber for some work to the septic tank . So I call my friend (Ralph) the plumber to ask what the problem was with my septic tank. He immediately starts laughing. When he stops I ask him what was so funny. He told me my renter had called complaining that the drains were draining slow and sometimes backing up. He took the honey wagon out to pump out the septic tank. Voila. . . the problem was obvious. Several hundred condoms had evidently been flushed down the commode and they had plugged the system up. As he was cleaning up and getting ready to leave he told Keith that in the future it would be a good idea not to flush his condoms down the toilet but to find another way of disposing of them. Ralph said Keith immediately turned a bright red and said " I don't use condoms". Ralph said he just turned around and walked to his truck and took off. The next day he heard that Keith was in
jail for beating his wife. I guess the wife refused to press charges against
him because they were back together a few weeks later. They did move out shortly after that though.

I always wondered which one of my neighbors it was that was being neighborly though.

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics