Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times

Advertisements

A hospital in the Bronx,NYC.

Out our front door about 300' our neighbor's yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 PM

27,366 posts, read 27,418,399 times
I wasnt born, I was hatched (just kidding)!
Actually, Im a Calif born-and -bred gal.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:11 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,309 times
I was born in a small town in Vermont.

If you walk out my front door and keep going you'll go through a field, up through the woods and end up on top of a hill overlooking a farm.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,141,356 times
Fun thread stude !!!
and yes I know your thinking " hey karla what are you doing posting here you need to be working on todays question"
Patience thats next lol

I was born at the San Diego Naval Hospital in where else, San Diego !!

If you walk out my front door you will be in the driveway If you keep walking straight you will go across the street and into my neighbors driveway. However walking out of our house is not the easiest thing
Lol you have to stop and check the flowers to see if any need attention and while making your way down the driveway you have to look to see if a certain neighbor is out and about because if so there goes a good 20 mins gone because your going to hear "oo do you have a minute "

ok off to work on today's ?

Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
born: Columbus, Ohio - so I is a born and breed Buckeye.

Now for the grand tour:

Standing at the Front Door, Please say hi to my barn swallows that nests on my front step light. As you can tell I live in a townhome so my front door space is not to awfully big, so one at a time. Please stay on the cement walkway and watch your step.
And we're walking
If you take notice to the left you will see my neighbor’s wrought iron fence with the imitation gold fleur de le caps. Why he put up that thing with only a front yard that’s approx 12 x 5 I will never know.
And we’re walking
Over to you right you will see the infamous leaning Tower of Willow Oak. It is my pride and joy. A great accomplishment and testament to my arguments with my father about how long to keep the training line around the tree, I lost the argument and now I have a beautiful Willow Oak majestic to behold that leans approx 75-60 degrees and like its counter part in Pisa, Italy, it just keeps going.
And we’re Walking!
Although you have only traveled about 10 feet now we still have about five more to go. This brings us to the end of our wee tour. My neighbor’s truck or depending on time of day could be anyone’s motor vehicle.
I hope you all enjoyed your tour of my front walk. Please visit the concession stand for your souvenirs on your way out and thank the management for this grand opportunity.
It has been my please and privilege to show you the wonders and magnitude of my front walkway. Please visit again and often.
I will be available in the lobby for any questions.
Remember my name is Kerowyn, and I Thank you.

Too funny!!! Reminds me of that movie (can't remember the title!) where Bonnie Hunt is a tour guide - great stuff!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,689,004 times
The army base Ft. Benning. I had an Uncle Bennie so growing up I always thought it was named after him.

Ok now the 3 feet of snow is melting, you can go out the front door. Lets see, two steps down onto the walkway, out to the sidewalk, Look out.... its a tractor!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:54 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,530,537 times
Born at home in Cincinnati, Ohio..Drs made house-calls at one time

Walking straight out my front door... in about 5 steps I would run into the porch railing, probably tumble over it and be saved by the boxwood shrubbery below

Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 PM

285 posts, read 616,738 times
Born at St. Joseph's Catholic Hospital in Houston, TX. Ma's due date was early August, but being my own hard-headed self even then, I waited til September to show up AND, according to ma, my timing really sucked...folks were on a "town" trip, not home. I wanted a holiday...birthday generally falls on Labor Day week-end!!!!

We live in an apartment over a seasonal business and our "front" door exits onto Cow Alley. I usually find Bucky's car first.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,886,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Actually, Im a Calif born-and -bred gal.
LOL.. I thought there was something odd about you...

I'm only kidding Livewire. Doghouse, here I come..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics