Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:35 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,646,975 times

Advertisements

People who expect other people to perform miracles. Case in point, people who expect the police to solve every crime and every incident in a matter of minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,865,138 times
I think that also goes to those who think the judges should solve a small dispute over a nickle or something the court system should never have to deal with.... both Police and Courts are used to air petty squabbles of 5 year olds when there time, money and efforts should be out dealing with real issues. People who miss-use the system there to protect and serve might not be the best of folks

Old 04-12-2009, 10:10 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,035,938 times
Thumbs down .

My x-ceo will be heading to federal prison for 6 years of insider trading and some other counts of corruption and misconduct while he ran the corporation. He got 6 years in medium security prison and he received 25 million dollars for insider trading while everyone else lost their stocks and savings.

I’ll take 25 million for 6 years. That’s earning $477.00 per hour 24 hours a day 7days a week 52 weeks a year for each of the 6 years. Yes! Crime pays. The down side of this is he gets no vacation time off.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM

321 posts, read 858,414 times
How about children who think their parents can miraculously produce money for them 24/7 whenever they say - Mom (or dad) I need this for school tomorrow lol

Old 04-12-2009, 12:02 PM

6,350 posts, read 21,609,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
People who expect other people to perform miracles. Case in point, people who expect the police to solve every crime and every incident in a matter of minutes.
People who are armed prevent crime... But yes, too many Americans expect the "govvermint" to take care of their every need and want. But wonder ahy taxes are so high.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,716,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My x-ceo will be heading to federal prison for 6 years of insider trading and some other counts of corruption and misconduct while he ran the corporation. He got 6 years in medium security prison and he received 25 million dollars for insider trading while everyone else lost their stocks and savings.

I’ll take 25 million for 6 years. That’s earning $477.00 per hour 24 hours a day 7days a week 52 weeks a year for each of the 6 years. Yes! Crime pays. The down side of this is he gets no vacation time off.
Don't forget that he also gets room and board, and you and I pay for it

Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,716,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
That's how it happens on CSI. Any crime can be solved in 60 min, if you have enough commercials.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,526,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
That's how it happens on CSI. Any crime can be solved in 60 min, if you have enough commercials.

Maybe the feds should hire CSI to do the work?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,391,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Sorry to hear this but glad he got caught.

People who constantly complain about their health, allergies and the cost of medications etc ... but ... make every excuse under the sun to avoid living a healthier lifestyle.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:45 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,035,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post

People who constantly complain about their health, allergies and the cost of medications etc ... but ... make every excuse under the sun to avoid living a healthier lifestyle.
I can’t understand why people don’t recognize this fact of living healthy by eating and living a healthier lifestyle. You don’t have to go off the deep end, just realize that prescription meds are not always the best thing for you to begin with. Listen to their disclaimers at the end of the tv commercials and you’d want to die of something other then taking their prescription.

I don’t eat enough vegetables however I take as many natural vitamins, minerals, and herbs as reasonable to help keep me in good running condition. However these items cost nearly as much as my monthly food bill, but I’m healthy because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics