Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,803,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Cosmic, everything is relative. Saying that someone is normal compared to you is that same as ............fill in the blank!
Well far more women are "Normal" than will admit it. They may talk a good game but don't live up to the hype. Many are quite insecure. In a pinch they will crawl back into a very conservative shell. We are creatures of habit.

I knew this guy who had never seen his wife naked. He was totally fascinated by this subject. I saw her socially, she was very nice looking. What her problem was who knows. He secretly plotted all sorts of way to photograph her.

The story gets even more funny. He goes to a High School reunion and a girl he knew in High School is there, she is also married by this time. Husband is not there either. Apparently in High School he sort of had the hots for her, but due to something, they never dated, never even talked to her, but he watched her a lot and she was aware of it. He had talked about her every so often before this. So they are talking about what had happened to themselves at this reunion.

For sure he must have been the one who brought it up; his hang up with his wife. So as he tells it, she volunteers to make up for the situation. They wind going somewhere and as a line from one Eric Carmen song, make me lose control occurs. She gets naked for sure, when pressed for the other details he would always mumble something and change the subject. This was the last guy in the whole World to cheat on his wife. Probably bad in his mind no matter how it happened.

He used to say the best affair happened in his mind. Sometimes when things were quiet and he was sitting at like his desk, you could see exactly what he was thinking. A Faustian quixotic mix of no matter how he turned the facet of the situations, he lost, even when only in imagination.

I think that illustrates the dilemma many peeps face, "Normal" life demands they stay between the lines or be willing to pay the price for going over it. Everything has trade offs. Especially anything to do with certain types of relationships. They can regret it, no matter the course of action. In particular if they have even slightly different views in some area. Normal is safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,304,016 times
Cosmic-

I come from a long line of not normal women. When my grandmother went into an assisted living facility, the staff would "report" things that she would say or do as though she was slipping. But she had always been like that!

To me, nothing is more attractive in a person as self-confidence. A year ago I had the greatest relationship with a guy who was not at all good looking in the conventional sense of the word. When family and friends would meet him after having heard about how great he was, they were always taken aback. My coworkers thought he was too old and stuffy for me. But he was brilliant and so whack! And totally uninhibited in other ways, as well.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 03-26-2007 at 07:26 PM..

Old 03-26-2007, 07:18 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,413,804 times
Yup, it's getting much warmer! Thank you global warming! I mean spring!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:43 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,803,891 times
Spring is here, saw my first danny-lion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics