Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,251,488 times

Advertisements

I'm so sick of going to the dentist! I am trying to get my crown completed. It's my first one and I really REALLY hope its my last. When I was told I needed a root canal 5 yrs ago everyone groaned and wished me well. I was nervous as I was told this was the hardest part. I must have had an awesome dentist because the root canal was not a big deal at all. I then lost my ins. and didn't get the crown started until a few months ago. It has been awful. I have a new dentist and although Im not super crazy about him, I am just blown away how long all of this is taking and how painful it has been. Then add a difficult work schedule to boot. I had the post made, then I went through the impressions and the post was installed today. The dentist advised me that my tongue may be a little sore later on because he nicked it with the drill. I was surprised because I didnt feel a thing. Ya well....2 hrs later and OMG. My tongue is killing me. Sure enough a chunk is missing! A little sore? Ya right. It hurt so bad earlier today I couldn't think straight. I go back in 3 weeks to get the crown put on. Now I just feel super anxious thinking about the pain ahead, if he is gonna cut my tongue again, will the shot feel like its piercing my ear drum again. Funny thing is, this tooth never bothered me, not even when they said I needed the root canal. Now ever since everyone has been messing with it, the tooth throbs on its own!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 21 days ago)

4,736 posts, read 3,317,542 times
Everything and everyone seems to be falling apart.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
^^ Mrs Aks is going through the same thing with a root canal and her dentist. It's not getting better and it's been ten days or more; she has to go back again on Thur. but I don't know if she will. She's MAD and ANGRY about how badly this has worked out. Root canals are NOT fun! When all is done and complete ~ YOU GET BILLED for this! EEK

Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I hate to hear and see the damage from the storm and twister in OK. It's a sad day for many people.
Very sad. Any tornado is bad enough and this one was estimated to be two miles wide. Scary and deadly for many. So many lives lost and the survivors digging through rubble to retrieve as much as they can. I watched last night to see if they were being allowed to do that and they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I'm so sick of going to the dentist! I am trying to get my crown completed. It's my first one and I really REALLY hope its my last. When I was told I needed a root canal 5 yrs ago everyone groaned and wished me well. I was nervous as I was told this was the hardest part. I must have had an awesome dentist because the root canal was not a big deal at all. I then lost my ins. and didn't get the crown started until a few months ago. It has been awful. I have a new dentist and although Im not super crazy about him, I am just blown away how long all of this is taking and how painful it has been. Then add a difficult work schedule to boot. I had the post made, then I went through the impressions and the post was installed today. The dentist advised me that my tongue may be a little sore later on because he nicked it with the drill. I was surprised because I didnt feel a thing. Ya well....2 hrs later and OMG. My tongue is killing me. Sure enough a chunk is missing! A little sore? Ya right. It hurt so bad earlier today I couldn't think straight. I go back in 3 weeks to get the crown put on. Now I just feel super anxious thinking about the pain ahead, if he is gonna cut my tongue again, will the shot feel like its piercing my ear drum again. Funny thing is, this tooth never bothered me, not even when they said I needed the root canal. Now ever since everyone has been messing with it, the tooth throbs on its own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
Everything and everyone seems to be falling apart.

Quote:
^^ Mrs Aks is going through the same thing with a root canal and her dentist. It's not getting better and it's been ten days or more; she has to go back again on Thur. but I don't know if she will. She's MAD and ANGRY about how badly this has worked out. Root canals are NOT fun! When all is done and complete ~ YOU GET BILLED for this! EEK
For Mrs Aks

Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,450,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
What I find extremely ridiculous is that dentists don't guarantee/ have to guarantee their expensive work!

Most of the time, if something goes wrong, it's viewed as the patient's fault or responsibility. Most professional work comes with some sort of guarantee of service. Why not dental work???

Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,118,248 times
I see lots are having a bad week. It's been horrible for me as I had to have my dog Kelsey put to sleep. She is in heaven now. I also spent three days trying to get 90 day prescription refills from my doctor and when got it and got home, they prescribed the wrong dosage. And it's his and his nurse's day off today. Whew....I've had lots better weeks.

I'm sorry others are having a hard time too....hope all gets better with you.

Kelsey

Old 05-22-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I see lots are having a bad week. It's been horrible for me as I had to have my dog Kelsey put to sleep. She is in heaven now. I also spent three days trying to get 90 day prescription refills from my doctor and when got it and got home, they prescribed the wrong dosage. And it's his and his nurse's day off today. Whew....I've had lots better weeks.

Kelsey
RC---

You have my deepest sympathy!!!! RIP, Kelsey!!!

I hope one day (at the end of your life), you will "awake" to find her running into your arms!!

Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,251,488 times
Quote:
Oh I feel for her! I started this process when I lived in MI and had an awesome dentist. I was with her for over 20 yrs and then my husband and I had to relocate. Honestly, now I feel bad that I didnt fully comprehend how awesome she was. The root canal didnt even bother me. Im not saying it was an awesome experience or anything but I went in, had zero pain. The biggest hassle was just sitting in the chair so long. Even afterwards nothing bothered me. Just had this tooth with a huge filling in it. It didnt even look bad because she went to great lengths to fill it with a tooth colored filling. I know she was good because when the new dentist saw my tooth he was pretty impressed with how it was done.

Now that I got this new dentist, its been one thing after another. Getting cut by the drill was never a concern for me in the past. I guess I figured it was possible but since it never happened I didnt think about it much. Now that I have been cut, the whole thing makes me nervous and edgy. How good is his work really? Is this just the beginning of future problems? sigh.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post

Yes, so much sadness. I'm sorry for you loss of beautiful Kelsey. I think she is already playing with my Nike and Atticus. ((((((((Hugs))))))

Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Today, I opened the several windows in the house to enjoy some fresh air.

Guess what I am being treated to!

I am (as well as the whole neighborhood) being "treated" to the constant yelping/barking of a neighbor's dog.

It's one of those really bad high pitch yelps.

Ah yes, noise polution at its best.

P.S. There are lawn folks mowing and working on several yards.
I'm guessing the little dog is just letting us all know that fact.
Gee, thanks so much, Fido!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics