Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

It is going to be a toasty day here in NE FL high of 84

Early start today, the big dog woke me around 4:30 to go out so I decided might as well stay up. This way I can get the threads started, go over and let my friends dog out, feed our kids and get some more weeding done, jump in the shower and leave at 10:30 to take the little guy to the vet for his annual checkup.
lol I am worn out already
But before I can begin the "projects" lets do the fun part first with

Today's Question:

Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows

Bonus Question:

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ?

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ?

Today in History:
1849 - Abraham Lincoln
applies for a patent; only U.S. president to do so,for a device to lift vessels over shoals by means of inflated cylinders. Lincoln received the patent in May, 1849
1862 - U.S. issues 1st paper money ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500 and $1000)
1876 - 1st telephone call made (Alexander Graham Bell to Thomas Watson)
1975 - "Rocky Horror Show" opens at Belasco Theater New York City - It's just a jump to the left !!!

Word of the Day:

donnybrook \DON-ee-brook\, noun:
1. A brawl; a free-for-all.
2. A heated quarrel or dispute.

Today is :
National Blueberry Popover Day
Salvation Army Day
Organize Your Home Office Day
Paper Money Day
Telephone Message Day
Mario Day - a day for all persons named Mario
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:19 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,259 times
Good Morning...Coffee is on if you'd like to come on over
Today's Question:

Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H and Andy Griffith...(gotta sneak in also) Beverly Hillbillies.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ? OH YES Hubby and the Dog have both been on the recieving end.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ? Anyone that knows of "My Gus" knows this answer.

Today in History:

1849 - Abraham Lincoln
applies for a patent; only U.S. president to do so,for a device to lift vessels over shoals by means of inflated cylinders. Lincoln received the patent in May, 1849 Gotta Love Abe...wish I had known him.
1862 - U.S. issues 1st paper money ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500 and $1000) Geesh they didn't send any of it this way...but they keep wanting some from us
1975 - "Rocky Horror Show" opens at Belasco Theater New York City - It's just a jump to the left !!!

Word of the Day:

Today is :
National Blueberry Popover Day
Salvation Army Day
Organize Your Home Office Day right after procrastination day ?
Paper Money Day
Telephone Message Day
Mario Day - a day for all persons named Mario

Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Today's Question:

Three of my favorite TV shows from yesteryear.....Barney Miller, Taxi, Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Yes, I consider it to be a form of passive aggression.
What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ?
I am not sure anyone said that, but it could have been gathering something along the roadside.

Word of the Day:

The Donnybrook Fair, held in Donnybrook, just outside of Dublin, has a reputation for brawls and rowdiness of all sorts...hence a "donnybrook" has that reference. A bit different from the soothing Scarborough Fair.....with its parsley sage rosemary and thyme.

Last edited by elston; 03-10-2009 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,435 times
vets visits are fun!
After 18 months without a significant rain...meaning 18 mos of drought they are threatening rain here starting tomorrow and into saturday.... I say let 'er rip! I want need desire Rain!

today's theme music

YouTube - Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising

Today's Question:

Kukla Fran & Ollie
The Monkeys
Lost in Space

Bonus Question:

My Ex-hubby. It was either that of kill him.

Extra Credit Question:

Yesterday spent the day with my crazy sister and mom. they whole outing was a "what were we doing" experience. A bit zany. Im not sure if anyone thought that but I know I did.

Today in History:
1849 - Abraham Lincoln
applies for a patent; only U.S. president to do so,for a device to lift vessels over shoals by means of inflated cylinders. Lincoln received the patent in May, 1849
President Lincoln's Drawing for the patent.

1862 - U.S. issues 1st paper money ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500 and $1000)

Little did theaters aroudn the globe find out that they would have to hose down thier theater right after the show. What a mess.... FOOD FIGHT!

Today is :
National Blueberry Popover Day If my Blueberry plant survives I will have to make some. Yum
Salvation Army Day
Organize Your Home Office Day
Paper Money Day
Telephone Message Day
Mario Day - a day for all persons named Mario[/quote]

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv257/kidrock100/supermario.jpg (broken link) EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Today's Question:

Te Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza

Bonus Question:

Yes, it is best to remain silent than to say an angry word sometimes..

We had major excavation work done removing and leveling a little of the mountain behind our house to give me a little back yard..Had 30 truckloads of rock baskets built to stabilize the part we took out

Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 AM

821 posts, read 2,011,397 times
was never a tv person, so can't even think of 3 old shows right now

Bonus Question:

have tried, but I'm not very silent

Extra Credit Question:

I built this fence thing made out of 1/2 inch pvc pipes and plastic chicken netting wire stuff and put these noodle floating things on the bottom and make a fence that floats in water to put my Australian Black Swans in (too keep them safe from who evers dog passes through or other wild animal), everyone said I was crazy and it would not work. I have to say, it is floating on the pond and it's working.....so far

Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,786,575 times
wow... look who's up already...

Today's Question:

Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows Green Acres, Andy Griffith, Lucy

Bonus Question:

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ? who doesn't?

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ? nothing comes to my mind...

Today in History:
1849 - Abraham Lincoln
1862 - U.S. issues 1st paper money ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500 and $1000) then all H*ll brakes loose
1876 - 1st telephone call made (Alexander Graham Bell to Thomas Watson)- but few people knew that he was put on hold
1975 - "Rocky Horror Show" opens at Belasco Theater New York City - It's just a jump to the left !!! still haven't seen this movie

Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,333,392 times
Today's Question:

Not applicable. I have never been a television watcher.

Bonus Question:

Only when it becomes apparent that continuing to try to interact will feed the fire of animosity. Fortunately, that's been pretty rare in my experience.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have had people saying " what in the world are they doing"?

It's been a long time, but the last time I can remember doing anything that would have possibly turned heads and caused onlookers to wonder for their (or our) sanity was when I was in college and was a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism. That's an organization of people who are keenly interested in the Middle Ages, to the extent of selectively recreating it. This includes but is not limited to wearing garb authentic to the period, conducting fight practices, holding tournaments, engaging in crafts of the period, preparing feasts, etc. The double-takes that we'd get from folks driving by a fight practice were usually good for a few laughs each week.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,532,809 times
Today's Question:

Name 3 of your favorite "old time" TV shows...Hmmmm love the old ones the best...Family Affair, Leave it to Beaver and All in the Family!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever given anyone the "silent treatment" ? Yes...but only when I'm fed up and know that if I say something, it would make things worse.
Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might of had people saying " what in the world are they doing" ? As many silly things as I do, you'd think I could come up with one...nuttin.

1975 - "Rocky Horror Show" opens at Belasco Theater New York City - It's just a jump to the left !!! Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is :
National Blueberry Popover Day-Yummm!
Salvation Army Day-Thanks!!
Organize Your Home Office Day Yeah like THAT'S gonna happen

Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Morning Karla and all that will come by today!

Petticoat Junction
Little House on the Prairie
I Love Lucy

Bonus Question:

Yep drives my kids nuts.

Enjoy your day folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics