Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Okay. Gonna put together some gifts this weekend - from my kitchen. But I really don't know what I should fix. My DH says - awwww - just do whatever you wanna do - people will appreciate it no matter what it is!!

But I would like to get some opinions . . .

So do you mind helping me out???

If your neighbor were to show up w/ a small gift . . . or you wanted to give something to your mail carrier . . . what kinds of things do you think most people like (or wouldn't like) ???

Cookies?
Brownies?
Fudge?
Chocolate covered Pretzels?
Sugared pecans?
Chex Mix?

Or . . . flavored vinegar? BBQ rub in a jar?

Any suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 05:20 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Booze

Or...cookies are always appreciated, and chex mix is so good. I like those jars that people make up where the ingredients are layered inside, and they dress it up a little with ribbon and a recipe card.

Honestly, I don't know how happy people would be to get flavored vinegar (no offense-it's a cool idea but maybe not for a Christmas gift)

Fudge is good, and you can throw some of those pecans in it. Heck that all sounds like yummy stuff. I think your husband's right!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:29 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times
Do what you do ''best''.....
don't even mess with the rest.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:55 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,137,720 times
A nice bottle of wine!!!

Oh, you're not talking about me! LOL!!

Fudge, cookies, brownies, candied pecans all sound good. How about a little sampling of each??? I know, I'm a pig when it comes to goodies!!!
I'm sure what ever you do will be much apreciated!!!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:22 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,864 times
The Grandkids and I like to bake cookies and make candy. We fix a combination together in a basket or tin. Most people get a gingerbread person decorated just for them. A couple of people have already ask if we were giving treats this year! It's not alot but we have fun fixing our gifts and giving them. We sing when you open the door.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:31 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,567 times
Puppy chow is sometimes a favorite, but like Debey said do what you do best!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Well, we have already screwed up the Chocolate Covered Pretzels, ROFL!!! I wish I had a video to share.

DH decided to surprise me so since the pretzels are the easiest thing in the universe to make, he decided to melt the chocolate and dip the pretzels . . .

But it turns out the chocolate never really melted correctly - looked like glops of gooey swiss cheese . . . and it would not stick to the pretzels!!

So when I came into the kitchen and found a very frustrated DH standing there, scraping the whole concoction in the garbage . . . I knew something had gone terribly wrong.

Turns out instead of buying white chocolate, DH had purchased something called "white morsels" - not a bit of chocolate in them!!!

DEAR ME. If the rest of the weekend goes this way, I don't know that anyone will be getting any home-made gifts from Anifani this year. :-(

Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 PM

607 posts, read 1,334,053 times
You can't go wrong with cookies or brownies! Everyone likes these...or knows someone who does.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,062 times
Oh, I'll take some fudge, please. My DIL makes the best fudge. I am hoping that she will bring some this Christmas. I like the cookie idea and the brownies. I'm one of those far and few between persons that actually like fruit cake. Good fruitcake. Yes, there are some out there. Really, believe me.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 AM

I LOVE GOOD FRUITCAKE!!!! Used to make it myself and soak it in brandy b/n Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not easy to make in the sense of time consuming. But good fruitcake really is delicious!

Well, it looks like we are down to fudge, LOL. Wonder if that will work out? And maybe some cookies.

DH is crushed after the "white morsels" experience. Who knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics