Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:22 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,400,926 times

Advertisements

My son has been using this site to find sayings/phrase meanings...just thought it was fun.

Sayings and Phrases - meanings and origins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 04:30 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,918,176 times
Very interesting site,,,,, I couldn’t find the one I was wanting to. “Work smart not hard!” I can’t think of when I first heard it but I believe in it very much now. Why make a job difficult to do when with a little thinking you can make it easier.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:29 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,802,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Very interesting site,,,,, I couldn’t find the one I was wanting to. “Work smart not hard!” I can’t think of when I first heard it but I believe in it very much now. Why make a job difficult to do when with a little thinking you can make it easier.
AksarbeN refuses to admit he's lazy....he's an efficiency expert.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,918,176 times
Smile .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
AksarbeN refuses to admit he's lazy....he's an efficiency expert.
I’m not frightened of work,,,, I can lay down beside it and fall asleep anytime.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 PM

347 posts, read 1,358,942 times
Quote:
Thats because this phrase was coined in the 20th century AFTER processes like Six Sigma, etc. were formulated

Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,893,046 times
I know about 15 years ago or so, somebody I worked with had a humorous phrase. I work in the Information Technology, and we'd be discussing something, then he'd jokingly say "Ah, I see.. said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw!"...

Old 12-15-2008, 02:20 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,009,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I know about 15 years ago or so, somebody I worked with had a humorous phrase. I work in the Information Technology, and we'd be discussing something, then he'd jokingly say "Ah, I see.. said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw!"...
I always heard it as:

"I see, said the blind man to the deaf dog as he picked up his hammer and saw."

Here's one my step father use to say:

"I stand here before you, to sit down behind you, to tell you a tale I know nothing about. Early one morning 2 dead boys got up to fight. They drew their long swords back and forth, back and forth. A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and shot the 2 dead boys. If you don't believe this truthful lie, just go ask Old Sam, the blind man, who saw the 2 dead boys die."

Old 12-15-2008, 05:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,756,140 times
Certain people need to hear this one on a regular basis:

"Those who think they know everything are particularly annoying to those of us who do."

When I was very young (Lord that was a looooong time ago) my older brother taught me the joke mentioned above incorrectly. He was a bit mean-spirited.

"Ah, I see.. said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and walked around the corner!"

I told it all the time because it got such a big laugh.

I still dislike him....

Old 08-24-2011, 07:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,883,953 times
Quite an interesting site,ill look up some stuff i say often on it and see if its there!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:34 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,230,559 times
Quote:
I’m not frightened of work,,,, I can lay down beside it and fall asleep anytime.
Are you my hubby's long lost twin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics