Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:57 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of the celebrities getting away with things most regular people can't dream of getting away with.
But what I hate the most about it, is that alot of people will defend these fools. Like R Kelly. He got caught having "special moments" with underaged girls. He was video taped and it was even all over the net. Yet so many people I know defend him. Why? Because he's a friggin' celebrity. They do the same with Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Randy Moss, T.O., any hip hop artest you can think of.....

The only reason why anyone sucks up to them is because they are rich and famous. I gaurantee that if R. Kelly was some average, burger fillper who didn't make hit records and got caught messing around with little 13 year old girls, the VAST majority of people in this country would call him a sick pervert. But no. In reality, he has his brain dead fans defending him because their "savior" is inocent and he just couldn't do something like this because he's R. Kelly. Time to stop being another stupid sheep, people. If you defend these people, you're really just encouraging them to do more sensless, stupid crimes. I don't care how hard they worked to get where they are, they're supposed to follow the same laws and common sense rules as the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 06:07 PM

531 posts, read 2,012,953 times
So very true...Look at OJ. No need to say more!

Old 02-24-2007, 08:39 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,947,198 times
Or Bonnie & Clyde. Probably not the best example, but I agree. (we) do tend to romanticize peoples' lives for their very strange and unacceptable behaviors, and have done so for quite some time.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:34 AM

536 posts, read 1,194,342 times
i agree 100% with jjg, if any of us "regular" ppl did things these ppl did away to jail we go

Old 02-25-2007, 07:39 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,295,593 times
I agree I've thought the same thing,rich or poor if we have rules they should apply to all,otherwise they are useless.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:46 AM

40 posts, read 222,127 times
Special treatment is right!

Have you ever stood in line for an hour to go through security at the airport and then at the moment you stuff is on the belt to go through the x ray machine a hoard of friends of a well-known celebrity start pushing your things back and put their stuff on the belt and walking thru the x ray machine themselves while the screeners all sit there smiling with their mouths hanging open?

It is darn annoying when you are so out of it you don't even recognize the celebrity in question and talk to him like he is your misbehaving young teen age son about being so rude. I actually had to ask the screeners who that guy was, and they whispered, "Usher".

People are really crazy to encourage this kind of behavior.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:52 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,564,152 times
I agree. I read recently that Britney Spears almost missed her flight to L.A., but they actually rolled the plane back to the gate, and extended the skyway again - just for her. You can bet that they would never have done that for any ordinary citizen. Honestly, I would have been furious if I were on that plane and missed a connecting flight because of her!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandevder View Post
So very true...Look at OJ. No need to say more!
Yeah, but at least more and more people are starting to see him as a killer now instead of someone who "beat 'THE MAN'S' system". I'm young, but I still remember about 11 years ago when most black people looked at OJ and Johny C. as heroes. I don't know how my mom felt, but everyone else around me just thought that OJ was framed. But now (with the book and the common sense comming back to everyone), just about everyone sees Simpson as a criminal who got away. I believe the only reason why most blacks were happy to here the verdict were still thinking about the Rodney King verdict that happened just 3 years earlier.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 7,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm tired of the celebrities getting away with things most regular people can't dream of getting away with.
But what I hate the most about it, is that alot of people will defend these fools. Like R Kelly. He got caught having "special moments" with underaged girls. He was video taped and it was even all over the net. Yet so many people I know defend him. Why? Because he's a friggin' celebrity. They do the same with Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Randy Moss, T.O., any hip hop artest you can think of.....

The only reason why anyone sucks up to them is because they are rich and famous. I gaurantee that if R. Kelly was some average, burger fillper who didn't make hit records and got caught messing around with little 13 year old girls, the VAST majority of people in this country would call him a sick pervert. But no. In reality, he has his brain dead fans defending him because their "savior" is inocent and he just couldn't do something like this because he's R. Kelly. Time to stop being another stupid sheep, people. If you defend these people, you're really just encouraging them to do more sensless, stupid crimes. I don't care how hard they worked to get where they are, they're supposed to follow the same laws and common sense rules as the rest of us.
can i interview u on this topic?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:30 AM

926 posts, read 1,461,134 times
The one that always urked me, in addition to all those named above, was 2-pack Shaker. He was lower than dirt, beat women up, FINALLY went to prison, but was permitted to record a CD from within the prison and when he got shot and killed, people acted like it was a president who got assasinated or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics