Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,397,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I hope you heal quickly! Sorry you're hurt...

Once, I had a dog who would NOT stop barking..barked like a nut..one day it ticked me off, and as he was sitting on the deck right outside the window, I banged on it (like an idiot) to shut him up...well my hand and arm went through, and I ended up with a similar injury. Fast forward two days...my hubby has a window in the shed that he can actually replace the broken one with..and he does..and as we push the couch back into place, I somehow put my BUTT through the new window!!!!! It didn't break my butt...but I got one heck of a crack...
I would of loved to see your husbands face when that happened. I wouldn't be surprised if he just boarded it up .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,003,992 times
Ouch,,,,,, please don’t ask me to come over and adjust the picture. Hope you’re doing better soon.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:41 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,741,987 times
get well soon.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:37 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,961,011 times
Wow... I'm glad you're okay Cottonwood, it could have been worse and thank God it wasn't.

I remember doing something similar when I was a kid. This was in 1965 or so, when I was 8, my parents were visiting friends of theirs and I was playing with their son riding a little tricycle around the house. One of us would sit on the tricycle, and the other would push, and unfortunately, the other kid could not negotiate a turn in the dining room, and he went crashing into a wooden cabinet, with a glass front. The glass shattered and both of us ended up with bad cuts, his was worse because he ended up with stitches. I forgot how I ended up with a cut on my right arm, but I remember getting treated for it at the hospital.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:45 PM
bjh

60,427 posts, read 30,605,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I hope you heal quickly! Sorry you're hurt...

Once, I had a dog who would NOT stop barking..barked like a nut..one day it ticked me off, and as he was sitting on the deck right outside the window, I banged on it (like an idiot) to shut him up...well my hand and arm went through, and I ended up with a similar injury. Fast forward two days...my hubby has a window in the shed that he can actually replace the broken one with..and he does..and as we push the couch back into place, I somehow put my BUTT through the new window!!!!! It didn't break my butt...but I got one heck of a crack...
What some folks will do for fresh air!

OP you're very lucky you didn't strike a major blood vessel! Silver lining, my friend.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,995,516 times
Hope you get well soon Cottonwood

Don't ever do this:

Play Catcher in baseball practice with out a mit/glove .....I did it on Tuesday(don't know what I was thinking) and I caught nearly every ball fine with out a mit....but one ball took a bad hop and hit me right in the palm of my hand!! Now I have a gigantic bruise on my left hand

Old 10-24-2008, 03:14 PM

24,656 posts, read 26,218,457 times
Glad your OK Cottonwood. I know if I stood on our couch the Super Chief would put a big, big hurt on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics