Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,945,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Twice a year, my husband suggests moving to Arizona! He hates both time changes!
LOL.. I lived in Oregon for a little over a year in the mid 1990's, and I know all about that. Being an Arizona native, I kept asking people I worked with back then, "Why the heck do you guys go through this effort twice every year to spring forward and fall backwards?", and a lot of them agreed with me, but couldn't do too much about it.

I know in operating systems like Linux and XP, and I'm sure the MAC/OS, they do have a table that contains the dates when DST goes in effect, and changes back in the fall, so you won't have to change the time on them, the OS automatically does it for you.

Personally, I'd leave clocks on DST, since daylight hours become shorter this time of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,545,075 times
If you were given an extra hour today,how would you spend the time ?
I would definitely spend it with my kids....playing outside!!
Extra Credit Question:

Speaking of time - how many clocks do you have in your house ?

5 or 6

Bonus Question:

Do you know when we turn the clocks back this year or do you have to look it up ?

yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Have a very wonderful day today!!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,719,940 times
I have no idea how many clocks we have in the house. I use the one in the bedroom, the one in the kitchen, the one in the livingroom and every once in a while the one in the bathroom. I also use the one in the car whichever one I am using. Right now I am looking at the one on the computer. We use that one the most, I think. I depend on Mr. VA to tell me when to Fall Back. Does it really matter. It is not like I will be late for work. LOL

Extra time is always used on the computer.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 AM

27,448 posts, read 27,483,419 times
Good morning every one
Happy Tuesday
It seems everyone is so busy lately.
How many times have you said to yourself "I don't know where the day went"
So here is a little twist on the "To do list thingy" in

Today's Question:

If you were given an extra hour today,how would you spend the time ?

Extra Credit Question:

Speaking of time - how many clocks do you have in your house ?

Bonus Question:

Do you know when we turn the clocks back this year or do you have to look it up ?

(just yes or no here folks lol )

If I had an extra hour it would be nice to just sleep. Clocks, heck I dont know, guess we'll say about 5, not including the 5 computers we have here.
No I dont know.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,728,634 times
Let's see, what would I do with 1 extra hour !! I have a lawn chair out by my garden under a big tree and I would go sit there in the shade with my three little fur buddies and watch them look for bugs and sniff-out things that have been hanging out in my tomato plants...

We have five clocks in our home. That many clocks sure makes for one not having an excuse being late for anything!!

Nope!! But I just googled it!!

National Guacamole Day: Yummm
National Play-Doh Day: I have a recipe for this stuff. I got it when my son was in pre-school, over thirty years ago. Have used it with my grandchildren and other's many times on a rainy day!!
National Collect Rocks Day: Well that kind of goes with the word of the day....disconcert
National Wife Appreciation Day !!! I get to celebrate this everyday... my hb always tells me all the time how much he's glad I'm in his life....

Old 09-16-2008, 08:06 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,313,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Well.. I don't have one.... but that's probably why today will go by very fast!
I'm a wife. Feel free to appreciate me.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
If I had an extra hour it would be nice to just sleep. Clocks, heck I dont know, guess we'll say about 5, not including the 5 computers we have here.
No I dont know.
Livewire, see my previous message about computers. They do change automatically, if you set them to the right time zone.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm a wife. Feel free to appreciate me.
LOL.. So you can send me to my room again?

Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,679,310 times
If I had an extra hour today I'd still be carrying on as usual. House work or errends.

2 Alarm clocks (his and hers), Coffee pot, microwave, stove, atomic clock, cable box, his cell phone, her cell phone, one for the office, and also the computer. Base for the cordless phone. I think thats it.
12 Clocks, Geesh no wonder time seems to fly by so fast. Also the car has a clock, but the car never comes in the house so I guess that one doesn't count. We do not wear watches either.

No.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,590,589 times
If I had an extra hour ? One more hour on cd

How many clocks..Counting the kitchen appliances and DVd's,VCR's, computers etrc..Lots, but most of them are wrong anyway

I think DST begins the second weekend in November this year..They shortened the DST season..Yay..Or maybe it is the first weekend in November..Can I go google it now? I know it's supposed to be yay or nay..Never could follow directions exactly

Wife appreciation day? Not around here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics