Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:48 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,986,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I know everytime I mention my "full moon" thing, SOMEBODY'S gonna make a comment.... (Maybe I should just say I like to go outside and look at the moon...
LOL.. you know whatever you say is never gonna be safe with me KayKay

Or you could just say "I like to go outside and look at our lunar neighbor".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:49 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,703,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, I think it's odd to like to cook like you do, Angel! But that's just me!

(I'm probably outside looking at the moon, when I should be inside cooking!)

LOL, once upon a time I would have had to agree with you as cooking was not at the top of my list back in the day! DH just tells me that he 'domesticated' me. LOL

Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,035,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Is there something you love to do that folks might say "ok lol that's just odd " ? Just sitting at the mall and studying people with their face expression, the way they walk, dress, interact with whomever they maybe with... it is so interesting to me, but I'm sure that is odd to others.
Now that's something that I too enjoy doing.

I don't like TV dinners for the most part but if I had to have one it would be turkey or chickenpot pie.

If you think about it,,,,,,
is there anything on tv that you really want to eat in front of or see while your trying to keep your food down?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,351,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Pot Pies? I didn't know you're allowed to put pot in pies, I thought you could only put it in a bong or a pipe...
YOU are on a roll, Mike and you may soon be rolling into your room!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,351,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
LOL, once upon a time I would have had to agree with you as cooking was not at the top of my list back in the day! DH just tells me that he 'domesticated' me. LOL
If he could let him know how that could be done with me, my husband would probably be willing to pay him big bucks!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,703,383 times
LOL I'll ask him. Being the smarty pants that he is, no telling what he will come up with..LOL....gotta run, someone is at the door....work/duty is calling....enjoy the day guys.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,718,341 times
OK this might seem odd. I enjoy looking at the multiple listing service websites to see the homes for sale in my area. I like to go tour open houses. I have no intention of buying or selling a house right now, just like to look. People in the Real Estate Forum would dread me.
I gawk at Arizona sunsets. My husband tells me not to worry, there will be another sunset tomorrow night! The colors are amazing out here.

TV dinners-favorite is a toss up chicken parm or eggplant parm. Had a TV dinner a few weeks ago.

An aside to curlythecosmo, you said, "In my profession I meet someone new every day!" Just wondering, are you a hooker?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,646,975 times
Well, maybe I should just say Hi and move on today. I don't know if it's odd or not, but I like to have a salad for breakfast and bowl of oatmeal for dinner.

I know I have had TV dinners before, but I think mostly when I was recovering from surgery or had more than limited mobility with a broken foot or something. It's food and it's fast and I hurt too much to stand around cooking or preparing a meal. I have since learned about the wonderful world of crock pots and that's my avenue of choice for cooking when I'm not up to it.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 AM

18,292 posts, read 26,077,090 times
Speaking of pot pies, I was taking to my neighbor who has a stomach the approximate size of a medicine ball. He says, "OH! I love pot pies! As a matter of fact, I'm on a pot pie diet, as he is rubbing his stomach. I have a big pot and I need to put more pie in it!"

Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,042,054 times
I like to look at maps. I can look at maps for hours on end. I particularly like looking at maps on line where I can swap between aerial and street views.

TV dinners - yup Marie Calendar (and also Pepperidge Farm) make great pot pies. I also seem to enjoy Stouffer's Lasagna and Stouffer's Meatloaf. I pride myself on my cooking prowress, but I make crappy meatloaf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics