Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:27 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,128,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAnn View Post
Sounds good, but where are they going. Sure won't find a million enough to cover any waterfront replacement home. Besides the cost of home, the homeowners fees, taxes, etc. are way more than they have been paying.

Some of them will leave Florida and buy a nice big house for a fraction of what they got and live rich the rest of their lives. Others will buy a 55+ adult community condo cheap and with the rest of their money, retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Don't worry about where they'll live. With the income from a Million Bucks, they can just about live year-round on a cruise ship and not touch any of the principal.

Thats what I was thinking. They are set for the rest of their lives and theres so much they can buy and do! They can live in a much nicer house than the trailor they currently live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I saw it on the Today Show but I would've negotiated for a bit more. The amount of waterfront property is substantial and $510 million while a nice chunk of change is probably on the lower end of what they should've recieved. I'd be one of those that voted to not sell, I'm much rather have my waterfront property than a million bucks in my bank.

Remember, its just a trailor. They got way too much money, you can get a much nicer waterfront area for much less and a nice big house on the lot as well. I see oceanfront condos go for half million, they got twice that for their trailors! In north Florida, half million gets you an oceanfront house!

Again I have been reading the news and was hoping it sells. LOL $510 million for 43 acres? Thats $11.86m per acre! They could have gotten oceanfront land much cheaper elsewhere. I know this is "prime" land but this price is still ridiculous! I am supprised only 81% voted yes. I know they will miss the community but cant all those people just relocate together and start another community? Thats what matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics