Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:47 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,138 times

Advertisements

I overheard a coworker talking about a problem he was having with his girlfriend. She apparently snoops around on his computer, cell phone etc. and he knows it. And then she acts distant for a couple days and then she will accuse him of cheating.
Another coworker gave the advice of "Maybe she is cheating since she accuses you of it all the time."

Now, to me.. that sounds kinda cliche... but is that really true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Maybe she had a past boyfriend who cheated on her and she is suspicious of all males. Sound like he needs to talk things out, or get a new girlfriend!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Sounds to me like she's insecure and that could be related to something in her past.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Insecurity. He should just dump her and move on. He's not married to her so why should he have to put up with her emotional baggage?!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:50 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,138 times
Insecurity is what I was thinking too.
I will be honest, when I cheated (in past relationships) I never accused them of cheating just because it made me feel better. I just thought that was a weird thing to say to try and comfort someone.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
It could be true.......happened to me. I had an ex boyfriend that was extremely jealous, I couldn't even ask a guy what time it was and he would make a scene. I never cheated on him or even thought about it but found out he was cheating on me.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:08 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
One thing is obvious, something is going on between this guy and his girlfriend. She is doing all of this "checking", and he knows it. Is she finding things that are causing her to accuse him of cheating?? If so, then she should even be with him, unless of course, she has a "mind set" of "this is the best I can get" (for a boyfriend). If that is the case, then she has a real problem. But, if he knows that she is "checking" up on him, it sounds to me like this whole thing is "play time" for them.
After I met my wife, I had an ex-girlfriend that wanted to keep in contact with me (just as a friend).....I told her "sorry, no way". I didn't want any
ex-boyfriends "hanging around" in my wife's life and I wanted to accomodate my wife's wishes for the same from me.
An ex-wife, with ex-husbands children, are one thing, but ex-girlfriends are another.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
I'd leave graphic details of the hot and heavy affair I'm not having on my computer and put in specific details and wait for my nosy girlfriend to give me the silent treatment, then start making comments about the fake affair she believes is real. Then I'd wait till she got the rope nice and tight around her neck, reveal the truth, then kick her out.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
I think it could go either way. I think that there's a possibility that she doesn't trust him because of something or someone that's hurt her before (remember, we all have something we're insecure about). Also, I think it's possible that she may be doing something herself and that's why she doesn't trust him. Lastly, I think there's a huge, strong possibility that it's the simple fact that nowadays, people get away with too much because of all the technology. Look at what your computer can do, look at what a stupid little cell phone can do, look at all the people who have a couple different cell phones for personal or business use. Text messaging, walkie-talkie capability, you name it. Between that and the media promoting sex every possible chance they get, it's easy to see why there's so much mistrust. However, on the other hand, trust is trust and you can't have a relationship without it, so regardless of the "why", they either need to work on that issue or split...period. In my opinion.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,390,275 times
I feel it's more insecurity than anything. I feel when the other party accuses one of cheating when they are in fact doing the cheating, it's not so much out of the blue as it is in response to the other's suspicion on THEM cheating, almost acting as a defense mechanicsm and trying to shift the focus onto the other party. That doesn't seem to be the case here however as the girlfriend's behavior is completely out of the blue and somewhat over the top. Whatever the case may be, she doesn't really sound like a catch. I think there's little excuse for her behavior and he should break it off with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics