Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

35,462 posts, read 17,367,690 times

Advertisements

The pressures of work kept me busy this morning. I am now getting ready to leave the office and in posting the questions as I leave.

When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day?

When was the last time you had a power failure? And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights?

Are you familiar with the following musicians and what do they all have in common?
  1. Gordon Lightfoot;
  2. Neil Young;
  3. Celine Dion;
  4. Anne Murray;
That's all folks. Not much time today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

44,425 posts, read 20,189,394 times
When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day? The day before yesterday. It happens a lot this time of year here in NW IN.

When was the last time you had a power failure? Tuesday last week and the previous Friday as well. Both times, the power was out for several hours, with no apparent reason. I played a lot of solitaire with a deck of cards by candlelight. And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights? The first time was 3.5 hours and the second time was about 4.5 hours. I hope the utility company has figured out and corrected the problem.

Are you familiar with the following musicians and what do they all have in common?
Gordon Lightfoot;
Neil Young;
Celine Dion;
Anne Murray;
I am familiar with all of them. What they have in common: all are/were singers and I'm going to guess that they were all born in Canada.

That's all folks. Not much time today. Thanks for filling in, jbgusa!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

9,783 posts, read 14,354,160 times
The pressures of work kept me busy this morning. I am now getting ready to leave the office and in posting the questions as I leave.
Thanks for stepping up, JB! I can relate to busy work days.

When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day? That happened here last week.

When was the last time you had a power failure? I think it was about 10 years ago. And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights? We sat in the dark awaiting the power to come back on....about 3 hours. We cheered when the lights came on!

Gordon Lightfoot;
Neil Young;
Celine Dion;
Anne Murray;
Yes, Is the Pope Catholic? I'm familiar with those musicians. They're all Canadians. I saw a tribute band last summer with a Neil Young stand-in. He did a terrific job.

That's o.k. Get some rest this weekend!

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

126,436 posts, read 19,197,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day? ........This week

When was the last time you had a power failure? And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights?........It has been a while

1. Gordon Lightfoot;
  2. Neil Young;
  3. Celine Dion;
  4. Anne Murray;
..............They are all great Canadian musicians

Thank you jbgusa for the Fryday questions!

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

44,716 posts, read 61,938,081 times
When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day? Sometime last year.

When was the last time you had a power failure? And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights? Have had no power failures.

Gordon Lightfoot;
Neil Young;
Celine Dion;
Anne Murray;
They are all singers from north of the USA/Canadian border.

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

1,420 posts, read 645,828 times
When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day?

### Yesterday. The rain in Spain no longer stays in the plain.

When was the last time you had a power failure? And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights?

### it’s been awhile. It wasn’t lengthy as we invested in a generator. Best thing we ever did.

Gordon Lightfoot;
Neil Young;
Celine Dion;
Anne Murray;

### they say aboot instead of about.

### A round of applause for taking the time to fill in. THX for the Q’s jbgusa

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,874 posts, read 81,920,623 times
When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day? Just 4 days ago on Monday.

When was the last time you had a power failure? And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights? This past Tuesday it went out 3 times, only once long enough to knock out the cable box and make me reset clocks.

Are you familiar with the following musicians and what do they all have in common? Canadians, eh?
  1. Gordon Lightfoot;
  2. Neil Young;
  3. Celine Dion;
  4. Anne Murray;

Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM

24,611 posts, read 26,176,648 times
About 1996 when we were ih a houseboat On Lake Powell.

Last year when a power distribution box went south.

Gordon Lightfoot;
Neil Young;
Celine Dion;
Anne Murray;
Answers can be seen above.

Thanx JB, Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM

4,715 posts, read 3,293,879 times
When was the last time you saw heavy rain and sunshine, alternating, on two different occasions during the day? ……………….It is happening quite often these days. We are in a major rainy weather pattern. Not good when farming is your occupation.

When was the last time you had a power failure? And was it lengthy or did he just wake up to flickering lights? ………………It was a couple of weeks ago. It was out for us 13 hours. We have a whole house generator so in reality it was a flicker. I was thankful since the generator was installed the first part of April.

Are you familiar with the following musicians and what do they all have in common?……………….Yes, not sure what they have in common but I know Gordon Lightfoot and Celine Dion are Canadian.
  1. Gordon Lightfoot;
  2. Neil Young;
  3. Celine Dion;
  4. Anne Murray;

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

14,931 posts, read 8,247,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

Yesterday, that is not real uncommon around here, especially this time of year.
The last that I remember was 10 -12 years ago, and it went out during a storm, came back on with in an hour or two.

1. Gordon Lightfoot;
  2. Neil Young;
  3. Celine Dion;
  4. Anne Murray; All Canadians I believe.
Thanks for stepping up and thank you for the questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics