Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 08:45 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times

Advertisements

Hi friends! Me and Sir Kitty Buttercup here, just making up questions for you ( if we can), while looking forward to the commercial lunar lander to land in one week time. You can see a map showing it's progress on YouTube. I no longer know how to post a link but if you go on YouTube you can search lunar lander live now and you'll see the space map from earth to moon and see the green line with the whole route there and where the lander is on that route. Cool beans!

~ Things that you can fall in love with: People; music; nature.

~ Something that you can eat and it will surely make you happy: Dark chocolate.

~ Where you feel safe and happy: At home.

~ Things in your home that make you feel comfortable: My kitty on my lap; my family room sofa.

~ Please put ingredients to make a potato salad just for you: Boiled baby red potatoes, in bite size pieces; small amount of chopped onion; chopped hard-boiled eggs. Dressing: mayo; mustard (regular yellow or Dijon); salt; pepper.

~ What would you like to eat with that potato salad? A grilled hamburger with o bun.

~ Any music that you listened to during the past week: Zeppelin; Kansas; Beatles; Elton John; Rush; many more.

~ Are you content with what decade you were born in? Yes. Would you change it if you could? No.

~ Confess something that you are guilty of: I'm a lousy housekeeper. I hate housekeeping.

~ Remove two features from your motor vehicle: Auto Engine Stop when I hold the brake down more than a few seconds. I can't think of a second thing.

~ Somewhere that you can find clothing that fits you well these days: Chico's.

~ A few places that you enjoyed eating at during your lifetime: Chef Klaus German restaurant in Franklin, IL; Restaurante Don Quijote Spanish restaurant in my neighborhood; Shoreline Brewery restaurant in Michigan City, IN.

~ Make a short list of 6 items to find on a scavenger hunt: A comb; a walnut; a stick of gum; a postage stamp; a key ring.

~ Foods and drinks in your kitchen and pantry this week: Homemade turkey soup; two slabs of ribs from the grocery store (which are pre-cooked and just need to be warmed in the oven); almond milk; cat food.

~ Something that you drink from a tall glass, even if it is plastic glass: Iced tea; lemonade; water.

~ Stinky things!: Tape; gum; glue; syrup. OOPS! I thought it said "Sticky things." Stinky things are: my [outdoor] trash can on a hot summer day; me, after a workout at the gym.

~ Toys that existed when you were a child: Lincoln Logs; Tinker Toys; Chatty Cathy doll; Jarts (javelin darts/lawn darts).

~ Any musical instruments that you once owned: Guitars (2 6-string and 1 12-string); mandolin; kazoo.

***** Well, we can go on forever with this but I am assuming you would want it to end about now. I wish you all well and please stay safe. There is too much heartbreak in the world. Love to everyone! ~roosty~~ ***** Thanks for the fun fill-ins, roosty! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-16-2024, 08:50 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
https://www.youtube.com/live/k2pPHel...IK3oxbP0O0pKm6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2024, 10:14 AM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
~ Things that you can fall in love with:
Kittens, classic cars, good food.

~ Something that you can eat and it will surely make you happy:
Warm chocolate cookies or a IN N OUT Double, Double..

~ Where you feel safe and happy:
In my home and comfy bed.

~ Things in your home that make you feel comfortable:
My recliner.

~ Please put ingredients to make a potato salad just for you:
cubed taters, diced onion, dill relish, regular mustard, salt, pepper.

~ What would you like to eat with that potato salad?
A hot dog with relish, onions and mustard.

~ Any music that you listened to during the past week?
50's and 60's.

~ Are you content with what decade you were born in? Would you change it if you could?
Yep and nope.

~ Confess something that you are guilty of:
I'm getting lazier these days.

~ Remove two features from your motor vehicle:
Sun roof and back seat driver.

~ Somewhere that you can find clothing that fits you well these days:
I'm easy, Amazon or Walmart.

~ A few places that you enjoyed eating at during your lifetime:
Hero's Luna's and Reunion.

~ Make a short list of 6 items to find on a scavenger hunt:
Church key, cheese slicer, AAA battery, safety pin, VCR casstte and map.

~ Foods and drinks in your kitchen and pantry this week:

~ Something that you drink from a tall glass, even if it is plastic glass:
Bloody Mary and beer.

~ Stinky things!:
Skunks, rotting fish, garbage cans.

~ Toys that existed when you were a child:
Erector sets, Lincolin Logs, scooters.cap guns, electric trains.

~ Any musical instruments that you once owned:
Electric guitar and trumpet.

***** Well, we can go on forever with this but I am assuming you would want it to end about now. I wish you all well
and please stay safe. There is too much heartbreak in the world. Love to everyone! ~roosty~~ *****
Thanx Mr Roosty, well done.

Old 02-16-2024, 10:19 AM

5,575 posts, read 6,500,449 times
~ Things that you can fall in love with: Baby animals.

~ Something that you can eat and it will surely make you happy: A banana milkshake.

~ Where you feel safe and happy: My own bed.

~ Things in your home that make you feel comfortable: Heat when it is cold outside.

~ Please put ingredients to make a potato salad just for you: Potatoes, celery, onions, hard-boiled eggs, Miracle Whip, mustard, salt and pepper, and maybe horseradish for a little "bite".

~ What would you like to eat with that potato salad? Any "summer" meat cooked on the grill.

~ Any music that you listened to during the past week: K-Love, KLRN Classical.

~ Are you content with what decade you were born in? Would you change it if you could? I am. No.

~ Confess something that you are guilty of: Only God Himself knows my true heart.

~ Remove two features from your motor vehicle: From past vehicles: Moonroof/sunroof and self closing trunk. Had issues with both of breaking and big money spent to repair, separate vehicles, and I will never knowingly have them again.

~ Somewhere that you can find clothing that fits you well these days: Ebay. I know my size, what I like and what fits, the brands I wear, someone always has what I am looking for. Never had a problem. I do my due diligence here.

~ A few places that you enjoyed eating at during your lifetime: The coney island restaurants in Michigan, Elias Bros. Big Boy restaurants in Michigan, White Castle restaurants and Top Hat restaurants in Michigan, bars that served food, for their burgers. These are just the casual restaurants I have eaten at. More upscale are one of a kind, not chains.

~ Make a short list of 6 items to find on a scavenger hunt: A bar of soap, a vinyl record (album or 45), a Beanie Baby, an advertising or Christmas tin, a postcard, a book of matches.

~ Foods and drinks in your kitchen and pantry this week: Frozen items as I was scheduled to move out to pet sit for a couple, but then she got sick and didn't go with her husband. I am still walking and feeding the pet. So, a large pepperoni Di Giorno pizza (2 meals), a Kids Cuisine dinner, a box of White Castle hamburgers (6 total), and a 2 sandwich pack of Roast Beef and Cheddar microwave sandwiches.

~ Something that you drink from a tall glass, even if it is plastic glass: Iced tea.

~ Stinky things!: Spoiled dairy products, grated Parmesan Cheese in the shaker container, trash not taken out, wet laundry not dried for days.

~ Toys that existed when you were a child: Chatty Cathy, Easy Bake Oven, Barbie and all her assorted accessories "sold separately", Crayola crayons in the 64 count box with sharpener, and Colorforms.

~ Any musical instruments that you once owned: Owned? No. Took violin lessons as a kid and as an adult, but never bought the violin. I knew it wasn't going to last.

Old 02-16-2024, 11:08 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,679,759 times
~ Things that you can fall in love with: The beach, a classy art deco building, walking along a street with jasmine or lilac bushes in bloom....

~ Something that you can eat and it will surely make you happy: Right now it's McDonald's Shamrock Shake. Those always make me happy this time of year.

~ Where you feel safe and happy: My own home.

~ Things in your home that make you feel comfortable: My couch and my massage chair.

~ Please put ingredients to make a potato salad just for you: I like mine plain. Just mayo, a small amount of mustard, eggs, a little onion, salt 'n' peppa. Good enough.

~ What would you like to eat with that potato salad? Tuna or balony sandwich.

~ Any music that you listened to during the past week: Donald Fagan's 'Nightfly'

~ Are you content with what decade you were born in? Would you change it if you could? I think I'm content. Wouldn't have minded being a teen in the 50's but then I'd be almost too old in the 60's. LOL!!!

~ Confess something that you are guilty of: Impatience

~ Remove two features from your motor vehicle: The automatic door lacks (they are really screwy in our new car), and my husband hates that everything is connected through the radio.

~ Somewhere that you can find clothing that fits you well these days: Have no idea. Haven't bought new clothes in a long time.

~ A few places that you enjoyed eating at during your lifetime: VIPs, a fast-food Mexican place on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk that made tasty taco-burgers, Adolfo's Seafood Italian restaurant in New Orleans, Napoleon's in New Orleans... I could go on and on about New Orleans eateries!... Tony Romas (ribs), a Chinese restaurant in Palm Springs, a bbq joint in Franklin, TN.

~ Make a short list of 6 items to find on a scavenger hunt: I'd like to hunt for one of the glass globes at the Oregon coast, which means finding little shells, maybe small agates, pieces of driftwood, seaweed, flattened cup, and a feather or two.

~ Foods and drinks in your kitchen and pantry this week: Milk, Pepsi, Arnold Palmer Tea, cheeses, plenty of bread, lots of canned tuna and soups, bags of potatoes and onions, Costco meatballs in the freezer for whatever I choose to use them for....

~ Something that you drink from a tall glass, even if it is plastic glass: Usually Pepsi.

~ Stinky things!: A dirty dog, dirty laundry, limburger cheese, warm sauerkraut...

~ Toys that existed when you were a child: Tiny tears doll, marbles, jacks....

~ Any musical instruments that you once owned: Harmonica... never learned it.

Thanks, Roost!

Old 02-16-2024, 11:31 AM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Things that you can fall in love with:

~ Something that you can eat and it will surely make you happy: Creme brûlée

~ Where you feel safe and happy: At home, when the washer and drier, and dishwasher are all running.

~ Things in your home that make you feel comfortable:Recliner

~ Please put ingredients to make a potato salad just for you: potatoes, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, rice vinegar, and Beau Monde.

~ What would you like to eat with that potato salad? A hamburger and corn on the cob.

~ Any music that you listened to during the past week: 70s rock on Sirius radio.

~ Are you content with what decade you were born in? Would you change it if you could? I think things worked out fine.

~ Confess something that you are guilty of: Watching 1000# Sisters, and Hoarders.

~ Remove two features from your motor vehicle: The things I’d remove, I can turn off. The thing that swerves the car if you stray from your lane, and the roof rack.

~ Somewhere that you can find clothing that fits you well these days:NYDJ jeans

~ A few places that you enjoyed eating at during your lifetime:Friendly’s and Howard Johnson

~ Make a short list of 6 items to find on a scavenger hunt: A bandana, a dog collar, a horseshoe, a baseball, a Yoo-hoo, a soft pretzel.

~ Foods and drinks in your kitchen and pantry this week: Sprite, Coke Zero, leftovers.

~ Something that you drink from a tall glass, even if it is plastic glass:Ice water

~ Stinky things!: Dog breath

~ Toys that existed when you were a child: Jacks, dolls, jump ropes

~ Any musical instruments that you once owned: A piano

***** Well, we can go on forever with this but I am assuming you would want it to end about now. I wish you all well and please stay safe. There is too much heartbreak in the world. Love to everyone! ~roosty~~ *****

Old 02-16-2024, 01:17 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
[quote=rainroosty;66430705]Hi friends! Me and Sir Kitty Buttercup here, just making up questions for you ( if we can), while looking forward to the commercial lunar lander to land in one week time. You can see a map showing it's progress on YouTube. I no longer know how to post a link but if you go on YouTube you can search lunar lander live now and you'll see the space map from earth to moon and see the green line with the whole route there and where the lander is on that route.

Animals. My friends dog died this week. I was very close to her. I'm profoundly sad. I'll miss her.
Cake with buttercream frosting. I'm going through sugar withdrawal.
Home.
Our new couch. I slept like a baby on it last night.
Eggs, onion, peas and carrots with Miracle Whip.
BBQ chicken and some broccoli from the garden.
~ Any music that you listened to during the past week:
No Not really. We've been out walking a lot.
~ Are you content with what decade you were born in? Would you change it if you could?
I would have loved to live in the early 1900's, but technology is a wonderful thing too.
Being too nice to people that don't deserve it.

Anywhere. You just have to try them on.
Any place that has good fish and sea food.
A pen. Some paper clips. A cupcake ( oh wait that's for me. I'm truly dying here.) An envelope. An apple,which is what I'm going to eat. A piece of paper with a heart on it. A can good for our local food pantry.
Some quinoa, some cereal, noodles, sugar. An antique coffee pot. It's cool. I can't part with it. I don't have a pantry though. Just one big cabinet with a glass front.
Iced tea.
~ Stinky things!:
Joe after he eats. He's going to the vet next week and I will set up a teeth cleaning for him.

I loved Lincoln Logs. Tinker toys, not so much. Mr. Potato head. Meh. I bought this new game called The Night Cage. One of the shorties found it. I'm obsessed with it.
None.
***** Well, we can go on forever with this but I am assuming you would want it to end about now. I wish you all well
and please stay safe. There is too much heartbreak in the world. Love to everyone! ~roosty~~ *****
Thanks roosty.

Yes there is roosty. I have two young nurse friends under the age of 50 with stomach cancer. One is stage 4.

Old 02-16-2024, 01:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 611,903 times
Hi friends! Me and Sir Kitty Buttercup here, just making up questions for you ( if we can), while looking forward to the commercial lunar lander to land in one week time. You can see a map showing it's progress on YouTube. I no longer know how to post a link but if you go on YouTube you can search lunar lander live now and you'll see the space map from earth to moon and see the green line with the whole route there and where the lander is on that route.

### Thank you.

### Sitting around nature

### Pretty much a good dessert, a well crafted cocktail and real good coffee

### In our house, knowing the Mrs is there with me.

### My recliner chair.

### Boiled salted potatoes, sliced onions, EVOO, a little salt & pepper. Sometimes I sprinkle sweet paprika, or add chives, or rosemary, parsley, etc.

### Roasted octopus.

### Mostly in my vehicle, and mostly on Sirius Watercolors/Contemporary Jazz channel (66). It changes when the wife takes over the driving then it’s the Sirius Studio 54 channel. It’s mindboggling she’s able to listen to that and not make her shake her bootie, that type music makes me want to dance.

### It’s what I know so the answer is yes. The answer to the second question is no.

### Take a spoonful or 2 of wife’s ice cream dish when she gets up to get something or other. I always get caught.

### Well to start with my vehicle has so many features I don’t know about or use tha it would be hard to pick. Vehicles were so simple back in the day, I mean to adjust the door rear view mirror it was done by hand 1,2,3, now you have to adjust a button and play around up, down, more to the left, a little to the right. Don’t get me started on a/c and heat controls.

### Costco fashion is growing on me. Things tend to fit me good.

### Both my abuelitas, aunt is and my mothers kitchens.

### A small toy, a sock, a comb, a piece of candy, a book, an egg.

### Too many to list

### Cold water with ice, a little lime.

~ Stinky things!: Dulce Leche spread

### Stick, stones and mud. All true.

***** Well, we can go on forever with this but I am assuming you would want it to end about now. I wish you all well and please stay safe. There is too much heartbreak in the world. Love to everyone! ~roosty~~ *****

### U2 mr roosty, THX the Q’s. Here’s something for the kitty to enjoy, and you too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile...heir_feelings/

### Good weekend everyone.

Old 02-16-2024, 02:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hi friends! Me and Sir Kitty Buttercup here, just making up questions for you ( if we can), while looking forward to the commercial lunar lander to land in one week time. You can see a map showing it's progress on YouTube. I no longer know how to post a link but if you go on YouTube you can search lunar lander live now and you'll see the space map from earth to moon and see the green line with the whole route there and where the lander is on that route.

Nature, sunshine, music, cats, dogs, and all kinds of animals, trees, mountains, oceans, lakes, etc.
Fresh yummy produce, home cooked meals and ice cream!
At home! Reading a book or watching TV or just relaxing.
my warm fuzzy socks and pajamas, the couch, the bed
Diced potatoes, diced onions and celery,shredded carrots, mayo, ,apple cider vinegar, hard boiled eggs.
baked beans or corn on the cob.
Some oldies.

Procrastinating. Confrontation avoidance.

hate shopping and rarely buy clothes these days...I have a lot already and they are classic, not trendy so still wearable. I think I bought the last outfit from Amazon...like I said I don't like to shop anyways.
My home kitchen, my Mom's, My Grannies.

Just the usual, bottled water, coffee, green tea,nuts, cereal, crackers, oatmeal, zero carb wraps, peanut butter, cheese, etc.
water
~ Stinky things!:
Stink bugs and skunks
Barbies, bikes, board games, ez bake ovens, etch-a-sketch
An organ and a guitar.
^U2 Roosty. Thanks for the questions!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 02-16-2024 at 02:19 PM..

Old 02-16-2024, 04:00 PM

21,533 posts, read 8,718,127 times
Babies
Pets
Towns
Cars

Chocolate
Home
My slippers
Yukon Gold potatoes
Onions
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Apple cider vinegar
Celery seeds
Paprika
Parsley
Chives
Sweet pickle relish

Hot dogs, corn on the cob and baked beans
On SiriusXM:

The 1940s channel
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Happy Oldies
50s-60s Pop Hits
50s Gold
60s Gold
70s on 7 Rock
80s on 8 Workout
Broadway Classics
Real Jazz
Billie Holiday Station
Yacht Rock
Tom Petty's Buried Treasure
Smokey's Soul Town
Spa Channel
Classic Vinyl Top 100

No, I'm OK with it. I wouldn't want to be any younger or older than I am.
Procrastination
Sunroof
Cruise control

I'm still looking for that place.
Mamma Leone's (New York City)
Pam Pam East (San Francisco)
Maye's Oyster House (San Francisco)

Keys
Seashells
Butterflies
Flowers
Coins

Cod Provençale
Beef kebabs
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
Ginger-Lemon sparkling water
Yogurt
Peanut butter granola

Iced tea
~ Stinky things!:
Alaskan Mutt's cheese
Stink bugs
Compost bins

Hula hoops
Yo-yos
Cap guns
Erector sets

Two recorders: one soprano, one alto. I still have them but haven't played in years.

Thanks, Roosty!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 02-16-2024 at 04:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics