Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 09:44 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times

Advertisements

What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia?

Which is a better looking camel: the Dromedary or the Bactrian?

For the married people: did you have a large wedding?
What did you wear? What was your color theme? What kind of cake? Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about?

What color should I dye my hair?

Do you know what a scold's bridle is?

Do you have a favorite pasta shape?

Have you ever eaten roasted chestnuts?

Have you ever broken a window?

Have you ever broken a bone?

Do you fold your socks or roll them into balls?

Have you ever slept on a sofa bed?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-03-2024 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Corrrected date in thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2024, 10:01 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia? Peaches, the Carters, Atlanta.

Which is a better looking camel: the Dromedary or the Bactrian? Dromedary.

For the married people: did you have a large wedding? N/A. I've never been married.
What did you wear? What was your color theme? What kind of cake? Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about?

What color should I dye my hair? Whatever color you like!

Do you know what a scold's bridle is? No idea.

Do you have a favorite pasta shape? Farfalle (bow tie).

Have you ever eaten roasted chestnuts? Yes. My town has a winter festival every December, and one of the restaurants always sets up a campfire in front of their business and roasts chestnuts to give away to passers-by. They're delicious!

Have you ever broken a window? Yes. When I was a kid I broke a window in our home ones. I felt terrible about it and fessed up right away to Mom and Dad that it was I who threw the ball.
I did not get a spanking that day because my guilt was punishment enough.

Have you ever broken a bone? No. I've had a couple of bad sprains and was on crutches once with a sprained ankle, but never actually fractured a bone.

Do you fold your socks or roll them into balls? Rolls here.

Have you ever slept on a sofa bed? Yep. A bunch of times. Hated it because of the bar that hurt my back. I'd rather sleep on the sofa without opening it into a bed.

Thanks for the questions, ET! (I corrected the date for you. )

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:19 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia? - Stacey Abrams was the first I thought of.

2 & 3) Where founding members of the Allman Brothers Band, guitarist Duane Allman and bass player Berry Oakley died in separate motorcycle accidents 3 blocks apart.

Which is a better looking camel: the Dromedary or the Bactrian? - I'd have to look that up.

For the married people: did you have a large wedding? - I'm divorced. We got married in a courthouse. Only 1 person was invited and he is still a good friend of mine, going on 33 years.

What did you wear? What was your color theme? What kind of cake? Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about? - I wore a suit.

A side note is I should have said no...

What color should I dye my hair? - It's your life!

Do you know what a scold's bridle is? - Never heard of that.

Do you have a favorite pasta shape? - No. I don't have often.

Have you ever eaten roasted chestnuts? - Nope.

Have you ever broken a window? - Brings up a bad memory.

I was hanging out with friends about age 16. I leaned against a store window and it shattered. No one was hurt and we ran away.

Pretty sure that was the only time I ever broke a window.

Have you ever broken a bone? - My right shoulder shortly after the pandemic began. I was in a sling for 6 months, rehabilitation for 9 months. It was horrible.

Do you fold your socks or roll them into balls? - Neither. I hang dry on coat hangers. My socks have never been in a dryer.

Have you ever slept on a sofa bed? - A few times...

Thanks, E-Twist!

Old 02-03-2024, 10:29 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
[quote=E-Twist;66385431]What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia?
Peaches, CNN, "Gone With the Wind."
I think they're both pretty ugly.
No, both were very small. I dislike large weddings and never wanted to have one.
What did you wear?
For the first one I wore a mauve cocktail dress. For the second, I wore a tweedy-looking skirt suit with a satin blouse.
What was your color theme?
There wasn't one.
What kind of cake?
No cake for the second one as we eloped to Lake Tahoe. For the first wedding, I don't remember much about the cake. There were only 10 of us including bride and groom, so it was a small cake with no tiers or fancy decorations.
Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about?
The only unexpected happening was that on the day that Mr. Bay and I planned to elope, we got a call early in the morning to say that my father had suddenly died of a heart attack. We had to cancel our plans and postpone the wedding until the following week.
That all depends on your skin tone and your age. When I started turning gray, I dyed mine a dark blonde color, and that worked well with my fair complexion. I would stay away from black or dark brown unless you have dark skin.
I have no idea.
Pappardelle or egg noodles.
Yes, I have. Also pureed chestnut.
No, I haven't.
Yes, I broke my wrist about ten years ago.
Roll them.
Yes, my mother and stepfather had the most uncomfortable sofa bed ever. Instead of a mattress, it had a high-density foam slab that was like sleeping on cement.

Thanks, E-Twist!

Old 02-03-2024, 11:18 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia? Peaches, humidity, good 'ol southern folks.

Which is a better looking camel: the Dromedary or the Bactrian? Hippo.

For the married people: did you have a large wedding? No.
What did you wear? What was your color theme? What kind of cake? None. Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about?
We went to the justice of the peace, said our vows, witness was holding a shotgun, went home and had a drink or 2. Color scheme was shotgun gray.

What color should I dye my hair? Can't see it, you choose.

Do you know what a scold's bridle is? A bridle is one that's been chewed out by a witch.

Do you have a favorite pasta shape? They're all good, no favorite.

Have you ever broken a window? Yes when I was a youngster and hit a baseball into one.

Have you ever broken a bone? Yes, my hip last year, now have a titanium one.

Do you fold your socks or roll them into balls? Fold and stack them.

Have you ever slept on a sofa bed? Have a few times when ill or been a bad boy.

Old 02-04-2024, 12:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia? Deliverance, the Okefenokee Swamp, Billy Currington

Which is a better looking camel: the Dromedary or the Bactrian? I'll let you know after I see both on the cover of Sports Illustrated in their swimsuit edition and can compare them. I had a camel stick his head in the driver's side window, lean over my lap to get the bucket of food on the passenger seat, then sneeze camel snot all over the inside of the car's passenger door ( In a Virginia Safari Park). "Attractive" is not what I was thinking.

For the married people: did you have a large wedding? How big is large? I think there were about 150 people there.
What did you wear? a bridal gown
What was your color theme? lavender and light pink
What kind of cake? wedding cake
Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about? No. Just couldn't wait for it to be over.

What color should I dye my hair? no idea.

Do you know what a scold's bridle is? A woketard with a horse thing? But seriously, don't know.

Do you have a favorite pasta shape? cavatelli or rigatoni

Have you ever eaten roasted chestnuts? No

Have you ever broken a window? No

Have you ever broken a bone? No

Do you fold your socks or roll them into balls? roll them

Have you ever slept on a sofa bed? Yes

Old 02-04-2024, 01:50 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia?
Peaches, football, bulldogs
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
For the married people: did you have a large wedding? A small wedding in a church.
What did you wear? The usual.

What was your color theme? Didn't have one...not as traditional as all that.
We were going to elope (which we should have done really) but were talked into a Church wedding.)

What kind of cake?The Cake was beautiful,white with red roses and cherubs from Hermans Bakery in Baltimore.

Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about?
Boy was there! First the flowers were delivered to the wrong address (we finally got them there though in time), I was late (yes, I was late for my own wedding!) My husbands ex-girl friend stood outside at the front of the Church crying and wailing that she loved the groom and didn't want him to get married, pretty much making a spectacle of herself.
Some vandals were trying to break into cars at the reception (the lady at the hall got the news, my Husband was a Baltimore Police Officer as were several of the other men there...they just looked at each other and without a word took out after them....the lady didn't know they were police, and she stood their with her mouth dropped open...they didn't catch them, but they chased them away, then she wanted to know if she could hire them, lol.)
The wedding was in Baltimore and my family came in from Kentucky, and briefly got lost, and were a little late too.

My Husbands Mother was mad and sullen, she wanted him to marry some girl From her Church, and I wasn't even a Churchgoer-
I don't think the Minister was that thrilled either. In the few days leading up to the wedding, My husbands Brother is a minister and kept running around threatening that if any of our 'wild friends' brought alcohol or if we served alcohol, he would make sure to stop the whole thing (I don't drink but care less if anyone else drank or not)

My husbands Uncle was mad that we didn't hire a polka band and refused to come...I am probably not remembering everything but everything that could go a little bit wrong did.

We should have just eloped, seriously.
But in the end, the flowers finally got there and were beautiful, the cake was nice and the everyone raved about the catered food.

What color you want. Any pictures?
Nope
Not really.
No.

No.

No.

Yes
Thanks for the questions!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 02-04-2024 at 02:19 AM..

Old 02-04-2024, 02:01 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,226,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
humidity, peaches, the Carters
a hippo

your decision

didn't but I googled it. Sadism called justice

no

yes. yummy

yes

yes

neither. just put them in a drawer

yes. They don't seem to be made for comfort.

thanks, E-Twist

Old 02-04-2024, 03:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Good morning, E Twist, and thank you! Headed off for the airport and a trip to see loved ones in a bit, so my participation may be spotty at best over the next week or so.

What are the first three things you think of when you think of the state of Georgia? Peaches, my old high school, and Fort Benning or whatever it's called now.

Which is a better looking camel: the Dromedary or the Bactrian? I really have no idea so I will go with the Dromedary though I really haven't got a clue.

For the married people: did you have a large wedding? No.

What did you wear? I wore a long cream colored skirt and a sweater type of top. It was beautiful. What was your color theme? Ummm. dusty rose and cream I guess. What kind of cake? White cake and it was gorgeous. Was there any unexpected happenings that stressed you out, but now you can laugh about? Well, of all things my husband to be had a fever! But he turned out great.

What color should I dye my hair? Oh heck, dye it pink.

Do you know what a scold's bridle is? No.

Do you have a favorite pasta shape? No. It all tastes like pasta to me.

Have you ever eaten roasted chestnuts? Yes, and they were good but probably not worth the trouble to roast them. I bought them at a Christmas market in Germany.

Have you ever broken a window? Not that I recall, but my son did once.

Have you ever broken a bone? Heck yes. I broke my left wrist when I was a kid. I broke my right elbow, which resulted in a FIVE DAY hospital stay, a few years ago. I broke my left upper arm in a fall. Have broken ribs several times in various wrecks. I think I've been pretty hard on my body.

Do you fold your socks or roll them into balls? I don't do either. I stick one up inside the other and put them in a drawer.

Have you ever slept on a sofa bed? Yes.

Old 02-04-2024, 05:02 AM

1,370 posts, read 614,135 times

### Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil. One of the best books I’ve enjoyed reading.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midn..._Good_and_Evil

### Savannah being the location of above, Sherman’s March to the Sea last stop.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/She...rch-to-the-Sea

### MLK

### Bactrian

### 100 + people I think.

What did you wear? ### Black Tux

What was your color theme? ### The groomsmen wore white Tux jackets. The bridesmaid beige, I think.

What kind of cake?

### I remember it was white

### It was poring rain, and everyone was worried about their clothes and shoes. It turned out OK.

### Whatever color you like.

### I saw one in Toledo, Spain Museum of Torture.

### These days anything I can eat with a spoon

### Yes, in Spain they’re still freshly roasted and sold in some street corners.

###

### Stress fracture if that counts

### Fold

###

### THX for the Q’s, ET

### Good day everyone

Last edited by CEN2RION; 02-04-2024 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Add link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics