Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 06:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,086,540 times

Advertisements

Good morning, rainroosty, and thank you!

Happy Oktoberfest, Happy Thanksgiving to all! PROST! PROST BACK ATCHA!
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up? I am not Alm but I'd say any time you like!

~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards? Heck no.

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! I don't do this either!

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! I have a piano in my home right now and I love it.

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what
you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one! LOL no, never lived anywhere like that. I did stay in a motel once (Motel, not Hotel) and when I opened the bathroom window, there was a cow right outside. I mean, RIGHT outside, like close enough to touch.

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? It was some doughnuts someone brought to work, and I think it was a chocolate crueller. Or maybe just a plain glazed doughnut. Don't remember.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? I don't really understand the question but I live in a place that's the Eating Out Capitol of the world!

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true!

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in
the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those
little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need!

~ I need to calm down...I'm all excited here and it's 5:49 in the morning! It's still dark outside! I'm all by myself cause Kitty just walked by the place where I'm sitting, he meowed and kept walking.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! I am headed out to my part time job in a bit. Then I have two drink dates (just with friends) so I better be careful on the first one! LOL Actually on both of them.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! I have seen him in several movies but never live.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? I don't go to hockey games!

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? I don't watch hockey at all, so I wouldn't know what that means!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 07:51 AM

35,205 posts, read 17,114,091 times
Happy Oktoberfest, Happy Thanksgiving to all! PROST! Thanks, as always, for the questions.
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up? Please share them through CD.

~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards? Yes, but not that way. Usually around my ears so no need for the "backward."

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! Never tried

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! We have one and it fits nicely. My wife arranged all that.

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what you're missing! Never have. It wakes you up at night when you get a big one!

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? Cinnamon sugar October style

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? A lot do. The key is their leases and increasingly environmental regulations.

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true! Good content but does this call for an answer?

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need! Good content but does this call for an answer?

~ I need to calm down...I'm all excited here and it's 5:49 in the morning! It's still dark outside! I'm all by myself cause Kitty just walked by the place where I'm sitting, he meowed and kept walking. Good content but does this call for an answer?

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! I am at work.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! In a movie, I think, 48 hours.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? 1992 or 1993 was last time I was at one. I really don't remember.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? Back in 1967 my uncle explained it. I don't remember though.

Old 10-06-2023, 07:54 AM

36,445 posts, read 16,054,057 times
~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards?
For many years, up until last year, I'm getting too old for that s&I%.
~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL!
NO.
~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all!
Possible.
~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what
you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one!
No

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? It's been so very long, probably Krispy Kreme.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else?
NO
~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true!
LOL

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in
the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those
I have no idea.
~ I need to calm down...I'm all excited here and it's 5:49 in the morning! It's still dark outside! I'm all by myself cause Kitty just walked by the place where I'm sitting, he meowed and kept walking.
I'm excited when they are not meowing.
So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible!
Paying bills for Dad, nothing much else.
~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff!
NO
~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game?
Never been to one.
~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'?
I don't watch it and never been anywhere, where they were.

**** Have a great Fryday every one of you, you're the sweetest people anywhere!
Thanks Rainy

Old 10-06-2023, 08:08 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,656 posts, read 81,403,499 times
~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards?
Hair no, but I do trim my own beard.
~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL!

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! Yes, in fact we had one in the living room for years, gave it away after the kids moved out.

you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one! I only wish!

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? Chocolate Old Fashioned.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? Not all, but certainly many.

little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need! Good sausages are hard to find, sometimes I make my own from scratch, using natural casings. When we are in Oregon, we stop for lunch and some sausages for the freezer at "The Meating Place" in Hillsboro.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! I am working (from home) so not doing anything exciting.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! I've seen him in at least one movie but don't remember it.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? I have only been to one hockey game, in San Jose CA, and found it boring. That was about 1989 so I don't remember what I ate.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? My friend that dragged me to the game, a big hockey fan originally from Detroit.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:09 AM

3,150 posts, read 1,029,991 times
Good morning.

Yes, all the time. Every 3 months or so.
~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit.
Yes.
~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window?
No.
~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had?
More than 20 years ago. I don't like them. Nothing spectacular about them, I would rather eat something else as dessert.
~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else?
No idea, I'm not interested since I would rather eat home cooked meals, fresh, made with organic ingredients. Not into canola oils and the cheapest meats, veggies possible.
Funny.
~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month ...
No sausages for me.
~ What's going on for you today? Anything or everything?
A normal pleasant Friday for me today. Nothing unusual.
~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy?
Never.
Never been to a hockey game.

Have a nice weekend.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:18 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,805,372 times
Happy Oktoberfest, Happy Thanksgiving to all! PROST!
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up?
Thanks Roosty!

I have before but it's been several years. It didn't turn out so good so I didn't do that again. I don't get haircuts, I have very long hair and I rarely get it trimmed. Needs it now though.

LOL I think that's mostly a man thing, women usually pluck theirs. BUT, I trim mine because they don't grow back and I don't want to end up with no eyebrows like my Mother and Grandmother. They plucked too much.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all!
Nope, my house is a little less than a thousand square feet. Ain't no piano coming in here. I don't play anyway.

LOL no I don't think I know of anyone who would be able to do that. How do you do that Roosty? On a houseboat?

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it?
I had a glazed bear claw a few weeks ago, omg it was so good.

None that I know of went completely out of business around here, but during Covid there were many that closed their doors then. But they are up and running again now.

I don't imagine Alm goes to many restaurants, I believe she likes to cook very healthy and you're not going to get that at most restaurants. I can envision Alm as being very slim, tall and just a lovely person. Who are these Horton guys?

There are some larger hot dog/sausage buns, I think. I'm not really sure. Depending on what type of sausage you want, most of them can be bought at any supermarket or specialty food store. If you're talking about Bratwurst then most markets have those.

Kitty Buttercup must be on the way to his food bowl, that's more important.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible!
Organizing. I'm re-designing my living room so everything old is piled up in two other rooms. I'm putting some of it in consignment, some is going to charity and the rest....the trash. This is so much fun for me, I lost my passion for many, many years and it's nice to have it back.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff!
Oh yes, Eddie Murphy is a comic genius. I remember his stand-up routines from the 80's and who can forget that red leather outfit? One of his best movies is Trading Places, and all the others are pretty good also. The Nutty Professor movies are great too.

I've only been to one hockey game back when we had a hockey team. That's right, a hockey team in the South. I don't remember what I ate if anything, I think we were drinking beer.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'?
I don't know squat about hockey. The hockey puck went rogue at that one game I went to and hit someone in the face. They had to go to the hospital.

Thanks Roosty, you're pretty sweet yourself.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:44 AM

24,512 posts, read 26,059,340 times
I have a eyebrow,nose and ear trimmer thingie that works.

We can and did, just like theone in elninas picture.

No

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it?
Yes, probably glazed.

Rent prices are out of site as are the cost of supplies.

Believe it Roosty, believe it.

the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need!
Try here Roosty.https://yalahabakery.com

I've been told we are going out for dinner.

Just movies, funny guy.

I would imagine the same over priced stuff that's sold at any other sporting event.

I don't watch hockey.

Thanx Roosty, have a great weekend.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:27 PM

21,574 posts, read 8,749,478 times
Yes, I have trimmed my own bangs. I've also been doing all of Mr. Bay's haircuts since his barber retired.
I don't think I want to use a pair of scissors that close to my eyes.
It would be a tight fit, but perhaps I could make room for one of those electronic pianos.
No, I've never done that.
It was a maple bar.
Many downtown restaurants here have not recovered from the pandemic and some have closed due to the loss of office workers who used to be their main source of revenue.
I can't comment because I'm not familiar with Horton's.
It helps to live in an urban area where you can find a variety of international foods.
You get excited over sausages?
The Blue Angels air show was held today. It was L-O-U-D!
I've only seen him on TV. He was very funny on Saturday Night Live.
The same things you'd eat and drink at a football or baseball game, I guess.
I have no idea because I've never watched a hockey game.

Thanks, Roosty, and Happy Oktoberfest!

Old 10-06-2023, 09:32 PM

14,812 posts, read 8,142,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up?
Happy October!
Well not backwards, but yeah sometimes I trim it myself.
No, but when I was younger sometimes I would wax them or pluck them.
I wish, but no space!
No. My Son would love that!
Lets see...been a long while, I think pumpkin spice last Fall....or maybe the Fall before....

He just went to say 'Hi' as he was passing through!
Nothing unusual here.
I have seen him on SNL, and in the movie 'The Nutty Professor'...maybe more but that is all that come to mind.

IDK...never been.

UR!
Thanks Roosty!

Old 10-07-2023, 07:23 AM

1,382 posts, read 621,042 times

###

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one!

### Custard

###

###

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need!

### I’m late, it’s Saturday

### Yes, Going Places and Beverly Hills Cop are faves

### Never been

### N/A

### Backatcha mr roosty, fish treats on my behalf for the meowing furry crown prince.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics