Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 09:58 AM

15,010 posts, read 8,328,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
ROCK ON!

What are your favorite rock songs of all time?
Way, way too many to name, would take me all day to list.
Who are your favorite rock musicians of all time?
CCR, Elton John, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Neil Diamond, Beatles,Cat Stevens, Cosby, Stills and Nash, The Temptations, Diana Ross, Linda Ronstadt, The Drifters, the Four Tops, Elvis, Freddie Mercury, The Police, Bruce Springsteen, and dozens and dozens more.

Who do you think are the most underappreciated rock musicians?

Who do you think are the most over-hyped rock musicians?
Too many to name
Name a band (or two) who broke up too soon.

Name a band (or two) who stayed together too long.
No such thing

Name a rock performer you didn't care for in your younger days, but enjoy hearing now.

Name a rock performer you liked in your younger days, but don't care for nowadays.
Thanks NW4me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 10:07 AM

24,684 posts, read 26,256,936 times
ROCK ON!

Born To Be Wild, Proud Mary, Hotel California, Black Magic Woman

Beatles, Bob Dylan, Santana, Keith Richards, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Little Richard

Kansas, Beach Boys, Blue Oyster Cult

Nirvana, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Kiss, Jimmy Buffett

Botch,

Name a rock performer you didn't care for in your younger days, but enjoy hearing now.
Elton John

Name a rock performer you liked in your younger days, but don't care for nowadays.

Thanx NW4me.

Old 02-15-2023, 10:36 AM

37,862 posts, read 41,261,575 times
ROCK ON!

iTunes categorizes singles, pop and rock willy-nilly. Songs by the same artist are called both (examples: 3 Gene Pitney songs are called pop and all of the rest are called rock. Ditto songs by The Everly Brothers. Runaround Sue is labeled "rock."). Makes no sense.

When You're Only Lonely - JD Souther
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Sing - Ed Sheeran
Still - The Commodores
Some Kind of Wonderful - The Drifters
Tragedy - Marc Anthony
I'll Be Your Lover, Too - Van Morrison
The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells
Paint It Black - Rolling Stones
Undercover of The Night - Rolling Stones
Solitary Man - Neil Diamond
Somebody To Love - Queen
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
24 Hours From Tulsa - Gene Pitney
Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Southern Cross - Crosby Stills and Nash
Neither One of Us - Gladys Knight and The Pips
The Last Resort - Eagles
Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
Don't Be Cruel - Elvis
Stolen Car - Bruce Springsteen
Runaround Sue - Dion
Faith - George Michael
Uprising - Muse
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley
Summertime Blues - Johnny Cochran
Rock The Casbah - The Clash

Who are your favorite rock musicians of all time? If I judge by whose songs I own the most of and don't include Country, it would be Ed Sheeran, Marc Anthony, Bryan Adams, Neil Diamond, Queen, Gene Pitney, Don Henley (both as an Eagle and solo), The Drifters, The Rolling Stones and Boyz II Men.

Who do you think are the most underappreciated rock musicians? Don't know. Don't follow music news (except for Ed Sheeran because I subscribe to his YouTube channel) to know who is appreciated and who isn't.

Who do you think are the most over-hyped rock musicians? John Lennon, Neil Young

Name a band (or two) who broke up too soon. Evanescence

Name a band (or two) who stayed together too long. Don't know.

Name a rock performer you didn't care for in your younger days, but enjoy hearing now. None I can think of.

Name a rock performer you liked in your younger days, but don't care for nowadays. Don't think I would be fair because the music has changed so much since my younger days.

Old 02-15-2023, 03:28 PM

30,914 posts, read 16,512,192 times
Quote:
ROCK ON!

too many to name

if you mean bands, Dire Straits, Moody Blues, Eagles and a bunch of others

Dire Straits

Elvis, Madonna,
Have to agree with Crosby, Stills, and Nash.
Buffalo Springfield

can't think of one. Not into that type of music any more so not likely to enjoy hearing someone famous from the past.

Janis Joplin

thanks, NW.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:31 PM

5,647 posts, read 6,614,191 times
ROCK ON!

What are your favorite rock songs of all time? There are just so many........

Who are your favorite rock musicians of all time? Journey, Def Leppard

Who do you think are the most underappreciated rock musicians? Billy Squier

Who do you think are the most over-hyped rock musicians? KISS

Name a band (or two) who broke up too soon. N/A

Name a band (or two) who stayed together too long. The Rolling Stones

Name a rock performer you didn't care for in your younger days, but enjoy hearing now. If I didn't care for them then, I certainly don't care for them now.

Name a rock performer you liked in your younger days, but don't care for nowadays. Jon Bon Jovi, John (Cougar) Mellancamp, Bruce Springsteen

Old 02-15-2023, 05:59 PM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times
ROCK ON!

What are your favorite rock songs of all time? Stairway To Heaven (Zeppelin); Song For America (Kansas); Frankenstein (Edgar Winter Group); dozens more.

Who are your favorite rock musicians of all time? Elton John; Jimi Hendrix; Eric Clapton; many more.

Who do you think are the most underappreciated rock musicians? I don't know.

Who do you think are the most over-hyped rock musicians? Sprinsteen. I can't stand him.

Name a band (or two) who broke up too soon. The Beatles.

Name a band (or two) who stayed together too long. The Grass Roots. I saw them at an annual oldies concert with other bands several years in a row, and their last couple of years they sounded terrible. They should have quit while they were ahead.

Thanks for the questions, NW4Me!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-15-2023, 07:22 PM

35,621 posts, read 17,561,160 times
What are your favorite rock songs of all time? American Pie, Let it Rain, Layla and Let it Grow (Clapton), Stairway to Heaven, Teach Your Children (CSNY), Old Man and After the Gold Rush (Neil Young), Proud Mary and, borderline rock, Canadian Railroad Trilogy (Gordon Lightfoot)

Who are your favorite rock musicians of all time? Neil Young and, maybe not exactly rock, Gordon Lightfoot.

Who do you think are the most underappreciated rock musicians? Gordon Lightfoot, Dire Straits, Buffalo Springfield

Who do you think are the most over-hyped rock musicians? David Bowie, Phil Collins

Name a band (or two) who broke up too soon. Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Creedence Clearwater Revival

Name a band (or two) who stayed together too long. Rolling Stones, Badfinger,Kinks

Name a rock performer you didn't care for in your younger days, but enjoy hearing now. Rolling Stones

Name a rock performer you liked in your younger days, but don't care for nowadays. Electric Light Orchestra, Bob Dylan (I liked his stuff pre-1975 but not the later stuff)

Old 02-15-2023, 09:55 PM

18,292 posts, read 26,072,035 times
Quote:
ROCK ON!

What are your favorite rock songs of all time?LOTS!!! Starting with Magic Bus by the Who, hundreds of others!

Who are your favorite rock musicians of all time?Justin Hayward, Dan Fogelberg, Emmy Lou Harris

Who do you think are the most underappreciated rock musicians?Procol Harum, Strawbs, Barclay James Harvest, and many more British Progressive rock bands! Also Poco, early Jefferson Airplane, Fever Tree,

Who do you think are the most over-hyped rock musicians?rolling stones-still love them though, seen then 3 times in 3 decades.

Name a band (or two) who broke up too soon.Dire Straits

Name a band (or two) who stayed together too long.Uffda! Um, hate to respond to this one!

Name a rock performer you didn't care for in your younger days, but enjoy hearing now. Alice Cooper, Grand Funk Railroad

Name a rock performer you liked in your younger days, but don't care for nowadays.Can't think of any, the first 45 I bought was 1962, first lp was 1963, first 8 track was 1967, and I ain't stopping for any reason!!

I like this thread, boy do I!!!!!!
Thanks NW4me!!

TUNES FOREVER I SAY!!!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-15-2023 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics