Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 04:59 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,013,188 times

Advertisements

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them?
***Never had any

2. What jewelry are you now wearing?
***None. Have never worn jewelry.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited?
***One in Oklahoma City. Was 55 years ago.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What?
***The Boeing 747 assembly plant in Everett, WA.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?
***None. Never had the desire to marry.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge.
***Seattle, WA

7. Ever work the all-night shift?
,**Worked the 6pm to 6am shift for a few years. Trying to be a day person on my days off did not go well.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for?
***Never have.

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas?
***Nope. The fleas said I had to get my own bed.

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not?
***Been most of a year since I tried. I was able to. Has been about 25 years since I last laid on the floor. Had a terrible couch at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 05:04 AM

1,383 posts, read 621,700 times
Questions for Monday, 13 February 2023

Good Morning

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? We do not have a canister set

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? My wedding band

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Not into zoo's but the Bronx Zoo and the Zoo in Berlin to see Knute the Polar bear. I wish we hadn't gone, it broke my heart as I believe he was insane at the time we went to see him all he did was endlessly walk back and forth likely his way of asking for help. It was sad when he died but after seeing him suffering, I'm not sorry he did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knut_(polar_bear)

4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? In Peru a mill on how they made alpaca clothing, In Seville how they pick the olive from the grove, process, pack and how they make olive oil, those are the most memorable.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? One, now I see it wouldn't have worked.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Madrid and Sevilla.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? No

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? Yes

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? When the dog sleeps with you I'm sure there were one or 2 residing in her fur, but we never got bitten and groomed her all the time looking for fleas.

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Yes. Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Yes, when I do my leg stretches to keep my sciatica in check. Why not? See latter answer

THX!

Good Monday everyone.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 05:06 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

1. Do you have a matching canister set? Yes What's in them? Sugar,flour,tea and coffee

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? Wedding ring and earrings

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Long ago the Toronto zoo
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Breweries, the biggest one was the Alexander Keith's Nova Scotia Brewery

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? One long ago

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. I feel totally lost in big cities.......

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? I missed once a train,just took the next one

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas? Hope not ...

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Yes! Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Yes it is good for the back! Why not?

Thank you arr

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:58 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 05:12 AM

30,595 posts, read 16,281,037 times
Quote:

don't have any.

none at the moment.

a couple to see the hippos

'

I've worked in enough factories to see how things are made.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?

one but probably wouldn't have been successful. I'm just not marriage material.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge.
probably none. Biggest city I've lived in was Binghamton, NY and that was over 35 yrs ago.

yes. hated it.

yea but it was the airline's fault.

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas?
yes

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not?
yes but would rather not have to. If I wanted to lie on the floor I wouldn't have spent money on all this furniture.

thanks, arr

Old 02-13-2023, 05:31 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,577,715 times
1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? Nope

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? None

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? St. Louis and Memphis
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? The Hershey chocolate plant in Hershey, Pa.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? None

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Have no idea

7. Ever work the all-night shift? Quite a bit

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? Nope

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? Nope

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not? Never lie flat in the floor, because, at my age, the gravitational pull when you're trying to get up is a lot stronger than when I got down there. lol

Old 02-13-2023, 06:23 AM

7,252 posts, read 7,099,345 times

No.

Nothing. I'm still in my pj's.

Dallas. Louisville.
'

Yes. Pepperidge Farm in CT and a leather factory in Cherokee NC.

Just the one I did marry.

None really. I dislike cities in general.

No. I'm useless after 10 pm.

No. Promptness is important to me.

Yes. We had a cat once that got fleas and it took ages to get it under control.

Yes. No. It's not comfy.

Old 02-13-2023, 06:30 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,496,398 times

1. Do you have a matching canister set? Yes, 2 left out of 4. What's in them? Flour and sugar.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? Wedding rings, earrings.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? Yes. What? Tractor, earth movers, etc…

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? My souse now. 40 years.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. None.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? No

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? No

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Yes. Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Yes, in my yoga class. Why not?

Thank you! Happy Monday all!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:59 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 07:22 AM

12,453 posts, read 2,982,298 times

No.
A wedding band.
What is a general worldwide zoo?
I've toured an auto factory.
Too personal.
Don't say what?
Yes, loved it.
No.
No, I live in America.
Of course. Not often. Why should I?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:59 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 07:44 AM

43 posts, read 21,487 times

No, they take up too much room on the counter.

None, not even my wedding band. I'm not a jewelry person, had to ask my husband to stop buying it for me. He thought he died and went to heaven!

Philadelphia - National Zoo - Antwerpen - Heidelberg

Many times, often on primary school trips or family vacations. Shoes, chocolate, ice cream, dresses, dairy farm, perfume, whiskey, beer, wine, champagne, gin. I love TV shows/YT videos about how things are made too. I live not far from an orange juice factory in Spain. I love the way it makes the air in the city smell, and every time we pass by, I threaten to stop and see if I can get a tour.

5, How many people have you known in your life that you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?

Oh my.... If this is about the number of times I've been engaged but never married, the answer is: an embarrassing number of times. I was a bit skittish in my earlier years, the original runaway bride! I was waiting for my only successful engagement and marriage. It took me an exceptionally long time to find him, but good things come to those who wait.

Boston - Amsterdam - London - Paris

On rare occasion as needed, never as a regular shift.

Yes, I've missed a train and a ferry. It's a sickening feeling.

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas?

Yes. Below zero, late-night rescue of an abandoned, terrified Labrador Retriever who spent a week hiding in the woods, emerging only to search passing cars. He gave me fleas - oh Lord did he give me fleas! - but he gave my sister's family years of love and devotion. He was a Good Boy. Rest in peace, Max.

I'm not gonna lie, it ain't as easy as it used to be but I can do it. I never intentionally lie flat on the floor because it hurts my back.
----------------------
Good questions, arr430!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 09:00 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 08:24 AM

16,081 posts, read 21,202,860 times
Quote:

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? Not canisters, but a matching set of decorative glass storage jars that I keep pasta and rice in.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? Two rings in white gold, an aquamarine and what is probably a spinel.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Maybe a half dozen or more, all here in the states. I really liked the Memphis Zoo tropical aviary, with all the birds walking around and flying through the open exhibit area where visitors walked.

4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Yes, Sunbeam bakery and a confectioner's shop.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? Other than the two I married? Two or three others.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. I don't care for cities, so unless I've lived there I probably haven't spent much time in one.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? Yes, it's hard to adjust. And the public at night are a different breed to the public during the day.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? No, thank goodness.

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? Not intentionally, but kids sneak in strays, and strays bring fleas and share them with the family pets, so....

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Yes Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Not often. Why not? There's not much I can't do lying on the bed that I would do lying on the floor.
thx

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 09:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics