Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 09:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,249 times

Advertisements

So a long time ago I came across a website where I met some of my various now ex-girlfriends. The site is a chat room and people post stuff that you would not see a public form. The topic is not about relationships though, it is about how the site is maintained that is scary. Like I was trying to make some friends on there when I realized the place has a serious problem with sexual predators. When there is a moderator present the chat is maintained and those kind of users are dealt with pretty quickly. The issue is that a moderator doesn't get on for hours.

It has gotten so bad that the chat is ruled by these predators and I have lost sleep from it. I think the owners of the website aren't doing enough to curb this problem. I gave it a few months to see if they would address the issue but nothing has changed. One can just leave and not return to the website but I find it really difficult to look pass the fact that minors could potentially be put in danger if they come across it.

I was considering reporting the site to google but I am not even sure if that would work. Like I know websites can cover their butts with their ToS but this website is dangerous. I firmly believe that particular website should be nuked from orbit but I am not sure if that is possible.

I know websites cannot control what their users do but they should do the best they can to keep it under control and I don't think this one website is doing enough. I also know police monitor those kind of chats but I don't think it makes it any less dangerous. What would be the best thing to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics