Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 06:28 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,556,724 times

Advertisements

I had a birthday this week. I hope your week was awesome. It was a difficult day, but a friend sent me a birthday cake. It’s a reminder that we need to find big blessings in the little things. Happy Belated Birthday!

Today is: National Hug a Plumber Day...(you know why)
Also: it’s National Zucchini Bread Day...(I wonder why it’s not in the summer?)
Here’s a recipe for you...
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food...-bread-recipe/

At the grocery store, do you ever buy pre made meals that you can just heat up? No
How about things like cut up fruit? No
Salad kits? No

Have you ever made “no knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner? No

Do you get a daily newspaper? Yes
If not, when was the last time you read one?

Here is a local restaurant. https://bdburgers.net I always order the same thing....The Original Salad. If you went to it, what would you order? One of the burgers.

Do you have a favorite restaurant where you always order the same thing? Yes, a local place. They have homemade pork tenderloin sandwiches and fries.

Today’s funny:

A lawyer in California needed a leak fixed and called the plumber; who after about 45 minutes was done and all cleaned up.”That will be $150. said the plumber. The lawyer objected saying “I’m a lawyer, and I don’t even get that much an hour!
“The plumber responded: “I didn’t either, when I was a lawyer”.

Have a great week, everyone! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 06:33 AM

27,507 posts, read 27,542,288 times
Many times I’ve bought some frozen meals. Only Marie Calander though.
Newspaper I get online and read it.
Happy Monday everyone ~~~

Old 04-25-2022, 06:45 AM

1,447 posts, read 672,037 times
I had a birthday this week. I hope your week was awesome. It was a difficult day, but a friend sent me a birthday cake. It’s a reminder that we need to find big blessings in the little things.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
From a quote I try to live by: "Life is hard, chocolate helps", I will add so does cake!

Today is: National Hug a Plumber Day...(you know why) I don't know why, but nevertheless fist bump to all plummers

Also: it’s National Zucchini Bread Day...(I wonder why it’s not in the summer?) I'm still not sure if I like zucchini or not. Must be cause when I eat it for some reason it makes me burp and what comes out taste and smells like, well, zucchini.

At the grocery store, do you ever buy pre made meals that you can just heat up? If an emergency, such as waiting as waiting at the docs office way after the appointed time.

How about things like cut up fruit? No. I enjoy cutting my own fruit.
Salad kits? Yes. Once in a while.

Have you ever made “no knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner? No. My baking always end in a disaster

Do you get a daily newspaper? Yes, 2. Down from 5
If not, when was the last time you read one? News pop up on my home pages. So I accumulate the section of the papers I like reading and read them all on Saturday's AM with my cup of Joe away from the noise "where all thru the house not a creature is stirring not even a mouse"

Here is a local restaurant. https://bdburgers.net I always order the same thing....The Original Salad. If you went to it, what would you order? I like the sound of the gator fries.

Do you have a favorite restaurant where you always order the same thing? I try to order different, but they have this fried octopus where the outer skin is almost charred that I gravite to often.

Today’s funny:

A lawyer in California needed a leak fixed and called the plumber; who after about 45 minutes was done and all cleaned up.”That will be $150. said the plumber. The lawyer objected saying “I’m a lawyer, and I don’t even get that much an hour!

I have a turn of the century house. Don't know what we would do without plummers. Never met one yet that was unpleasant or rude.

Have a great week, everyone!

You do the same

Old 04-25-2022, 07:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,748,926 times
Haha, gentlearts and thank you for the recipe and the joke! And the excellent questions!

At the grocery store, do you ever buy pre made meals that you can just heat up? Rarely but every once in awhile one looks good.
How about things like cut up fruit? No.
Salad kits? Yes, pretty often.

Have you ever made “no knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner? A long time ago, I think I made some.

Do you get a daily newspaper? No, I read all my news online.

If not, when was the last time you read one? Maybe 20 years ago!

Here is a local restaurant. https://bdburgers.net I always order the same thing....The Original Salad. If you went to it, what would you order? Yum, looks good. I'd probably order a medium cooked beef burger with pepper jack cheese all the way, with mayo instead of mustard, on a gluten free bun. Side of salad if I am going to be goodish, and fries if not.

Do you have a favorite restaurant where you always order the same thing? Yes, I always order the street tacos (but mix up the type) from a local favorite. They come on corn tortillas with cole slaw on the side. Yum!!!!! I have tried other things and they're good but I always regret not getting the street tacos so now I just cut to the chase and get those.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:40 AM

44,477 posts, read 20,283,433 times
Today is: National Hug a Plumber Day...(you know why) I have no idea why.
Also: it’s National Zucchini Bread Day...(I wonder why it’s not in the summer?) Yes, summer or even fall would be a better time.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food...-bread-recipe/ I'd like to try the Alligator Fritters.

At the grocery store, do you ever buy pre made meals that you can just heat up? Once in a while I'll pick up a Healthy Choice frozen meal. One store I shop at sends really good coupons in the mail, and they always include one for HC meals. Almost all of my meals are homemade, but occasionally it's great to be able to pop a HC meal in the microwave when I don't have time to cook. They taste pretty good.
How about things like cut up fruit? Nope.
Salad kits? Yeppers. There are some really good salad kits out there.

Have you ever made “no knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner? Never heard of this.

Do you get a daily newspaper? Nope. Just online.
Once in a while I receive a sample copy on my porch. Last time was maybe 6 months ago.
Here is a local restaurant. https://bdburgers.net I always order the same thing....The Original Salad. If you went to it, what would you order?

Do you have a favorite restaurant where you always order the same thing? Yes! My boyfriend and I always order the same appetizer at one of our favorite restaurants. It's call Pig Candy, and it's thick slices of bacon cooked with some sort of (hot) spice and brown sugar. It's fantastic!

Today’s funny:

“The plumber responded: “I didn’t either, when I was a lawyer”. Ha. Good one.

Have a great week, everyone! Thanks for the Monday Qs, gentlearts!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:40 AM

50,665 posts, read 64,802,657 times
LOL, I thought it was obvious why you would hug a plumber! When you are in need of one, you are REALLY glad to see him.

Making the zucchini bread later! I’ll save a piece for you.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:49 AM

7,285 posts, read 7,201,688 times
I had a birthday this week. I hope your week was awesome. It was a difficult day, but a friend sent me a birthday cake. It’s a reminder that we need to find big blessings in the little things.

Happy belated birthday !

At the grocery store, do you ever buy pre made meals that you can just heat up?

no

How about things like cut up fruit?

sometimes if I just need a little for a specific recipe.

Salad kits?

no

Have you ever made “no knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner?

No

Do you get a daily newspaper?

no

Ages ago.

Here is a local restaurant. https://bdburgers.net I always order the same thing....The Original Salad. If you went to it, what would you order?

mozzarella sticks, steakhouse sliders, fries, and a chocolate shake.

Do you have a favorite restaurant where you always order the same thing?

A little Mexican place I usually get a burrito and queso.

Today’s funny:

Old 04-25-2022, 10:01 AM

24,697 posts, read 26,288,564 times

Oh, please, please tell us.

We have a few in the freezer for emergemcies.

We did once, it was good. It was just a 1 time spluge buy.

Salad kits?
No

Have you ever made “no knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner?

I do read a daily paper before I do the QOTD.

Jalapeno Spears, Chorizo sausage, buffalo dip, lettuce, tomato, onion with a Sam Adams.

Yes, but I'm really trying to break the habit.

Today’s funny:

Very good.

Thanx gentlehearts and a Happy Belated Birthday.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:02 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,005,492 times
Greetings to all! Happy belated B-day, gentlearts.

Not a meal, but I buy chicken (fried, baked, rotisserie), chicken alfredo at Sam's Club, etc.

Yes, Harris Teeter sells a nice-sized bowl of cut up pineapple for $5.

Salad kits?
Nope

Never have

Not in years!

Last fall when staying in a hotel. Read the complimentary USA Today.

Mozz sticks, Swiss Cheese Beef burger, fries.

I'm a pickey eater so I usually have a go-to menu item at each restaurant we eat at.

Have a terrific day, everyone!

Old 04-25-2022, 05:02 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,802,214 times
At the grocery store, do you ever buy pre-made meals that you can just heat up? no
How about things like cut-up fruit? no, I own knife

Salad kits? yes, but I'm not a fan

Have you ever made “no-knead” bread, where you make the dough in the morning, or the night before, and bake it before dinner? lets talk bread. Yes, I have and tastes great. Give it a try with pizza dough and you will be addicted. There is a great "Detroit style" pizza made in a cast-iron frying pan that is fabulous

Do you get a daily newspaper? ashamed to say yes and the price just went up.

Here is a local restaurant. https://bdburgers.net I always order the same thing....The Original Salad. If you went to it, what would you order? Bison, med & onion rings

Do you have a favorite restaurant where you always order the same thing? not too many choices up here but this is pretty darn good. I often get the haddock burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics