Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 08:30 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,036,942 times

Advertisements

Greetings once again. It will probably take me a few more days of doing nothing before I am caught up.

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you ever accidently press the panic button on your car key fob?

-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realise you were actually the one at fault?

-How is it that any time I go downtown the only open parking spaces are several blocks away from where I am going, yet in the movies and on TV there is always an open parking space right in front of where they are going?

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant?

Sunday's Really Crappy Questions:

-Because you could not sleep, do you ever get up and clean house during the middle of the night?

Well, my brain went to the kitchen to get a cheap beer and never came back. So, I guess I am done for the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 08:35 PM

126,454 posts, read 19,233,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings once again. It will probably take me a few more days of doing nothing before I am caught up.

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you ever accidently press the panic button on your car key fob?.......Nope

-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realise you were actually the one at fault?.......No

-How is it that any time I go downtown the only open parking spaces are several blocks away from where I am going, yet in the movies and on TV there is always an open parking space right in front of where they are going?

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant?......No I never did that

-Because you could not sleep, do you ever get up and clean house during the middle of the night?.......Not yet

Well, my brain went to the kitchen to get a cheap beer and never came back. So, I guess I am done for the night.

Thank you Alaskan Mutt and good night!

Old 04-23-2022, 09:15 PM

14,983 posts, read 8,291,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Good Luck!
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realise you were actually the one at fault? I would be mortified if I did that.

I generally try to avoid conflict and confrontation as much as possible...so I am not one to really chew people out, I am honest and try to be diplomatic about it, but avoid scenes and dramatics.

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant?
No, to begin with prefer home cooking, so don't go to restaurants too often, and then again I am not that patient. I am not sure there is a restaurant in this city that is even that busy.

-Because you could not sleep, do you ever get up and clean house during the middle of the night?
Guilty of this one! In fact it is one of my favorite times to clean house.

/

Old 04-23-2022, 09:38 PM

21,708 posts, read 8,844,416 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, that happened once when the car was new and I wasn't yet familiar with all the bells and whistles. Very embarrassing!
-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realise you were actually the one at fault?
I think I did that to Mr. Bay once, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember the details.
Because it's a movie!
Yes, though not for quite a long time.

Once at my mother's house when she was in the hospital and I was so worried I hardly slept at all, I got up and mopped the kitchen floor at 2 am.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 04-23-2022, 10:01 PM

37,849 posts, read 41,221,205 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes

-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realize you were actually the one at fault? Not really. I usually just apologize for being wrong but don't chew out people.

-How is it that any time I go downtown the only open parking spaces are several blocks away from where I am going, yet in the movies and on TV there is always an open parking space right in front of where they are going? How come the TV characters with low level jobs have these super spacious apartments in NYC? We could do a whole thread on this. My favorite is the highly observant hookers who know everything that's going on in the city and who just happen to always "work" in the right location and who the TV cop show police always go to when they need information.

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant? Yes, once in a tourist town.

Noooooo!

Old 04-23-2022, 11:49 PM

44,740 posts, read 62,033,127 times
Greetings once again. It will probably take me a few more days of doing nothing before I am caught up. Yep sometimes it's quite hard catching up on doing nothings.

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you ever accidently press the panic button on your car key fob? Yes a few times.

-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realise you were actually the one at fault? No.

-How is it that any time I go downtown the only open parking spaces are several blocks away from where I am going, yet in the movies and on TV there is always an open parking space right in front of where they are going? So true.

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant? No, if it's that busy I figure with the super fast running around wait staff the service is going to be lousy. Plus it'll probably be noisy and not an not an enjoyable relaxing experience.

-Because you could not sleep, do you ever get up and clean house during the middle of the night? No but I've watched a tv show or did crossword puzzles until I got sleepy eyed again.

Rate this post positively mutt

Old 04-24-2022, 12:40 AM

62,390 posts, read 88,370,117 times

Sunday's Questions:

Yes, but no one came to rescue...

It happened, but I have no problem with owning my mistakes and publicly apologizing.

That's the difference between movie fiction and a real life

Briefly inside yes. Outside - no, and not going to because:
1. Reservation
2. Other options.

No, but I never go to bed middle of the night...I am still up during wee hours.

Go back to doing nothing. I will do that too...

Old 04-24-2022, 02:49 AM

11,438 posts, read 9,376,167 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you ever accidently press the panic button on your car key fob? - No

-Have you ever chewed someone out, only to later on realise you were actually the one at fault? - I don't remember anything like that, certainly didn't happen as an adult.

-How is it that any time I go downtown the only open parking spaces are several blocks away from where I am going, yet in the movies and on TV there is always an open parking space right in front of where they are going? - I almost always park and walk. I avoid the sometimes madness looking for the closest space possible.

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant? - I wouldn't do that. Except for an occasional Indian lunch buffet it's rare i go to a restaurant anyway.

-Because you could not sleep, do you ever get up and clean house during the middle of the night? - No. Shortly when I hit the bed I'm out. Sometimes I feel I didn't sleep enough / wake up too early. When that happens I just turn on my computer.

Well, my brain went to the kitchen to get a cheap beer and never came back. So, I guess I am done for the night. - Hope you had a good evening and thanks again!

Old 04-24-2022, 03:10 AM

8,000 posts, read 5,443,812 times
Good Morning

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you ever accidently press the panic button on your car key fob? I have...

-Have you stood in a line outside waiting for your turn to go inside a restaurant? Not inside--but a food stand in Wiscasset, Maine "Red Eats". I waited over an hour in line to order, than another 45 minutes to get my food. They are famous for their lobster rolls. Unfortunately I was there too early in the Season for the lobster roll--I got the fish and chips, they were the best I have ever had. The fish was probably caught that morning! I would do it again.

-Because you could not sleep, do you ever get up and clean house during the middle of the night? Heck no on the cleaning. I will watch a movie.

Happy Sunday!

Old 04-24-2022, 05:27 AM

27,480 posts, read 27,503,095 times
Thr only time I’ve really stuck around if there’s a line outside waiting to go into a restaurant was when we were in Hawaii last year. And that was only because the were only letting a certain number of people go in at once because they had limited seating because of that Covid thing. All the restaurants within the area we were at were like that.
I’ve accidental pressed the trunk open button and the tailgate open when I had the mini van, on my key thing but thankfully heard them open and went back to close it.
Happy Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics