Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 06:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,195,540 times

Advertisements

Thank you, PegE! Good morning to you!

What are the greatest advantages you've had in life? I believe, being born into a middle class American family in the 20th century has been my greatest advantage.

What are the greatest disadvantages? Having a mentally ill mother was my greatest disadvantage - but I got past that.

Everyone's heard of buyer's remorse. Have you had seller's remorse? Not really. A twinge maybe but nothing I can really recall. I miss the house I used to live in for example, but I wouldn't want to still live there.

If a dangerous storm was approaching and you had to take shelter in the strongest part of your home where would you go? Oh, I already spent time there this past month - my master bedroom closet, which is a small windowless interior room but big enough for me and my dogs. If I had a basement, I'd go there, but I don't have a basement. By the way, my dogs stink when they're confined to a small space - especially their breath! LOL

Some people really do have a perfect memory. It's a medically recognized thing. Would you want a perfect memory if you could choose it? What are the reasons for your choice? No, and my reason is because I like my mind the way it is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 10:03 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,242,361 times
Hello everyone.

What are the greatest advantages you've had in life? Being born in America to two caring parents, in a middle class family.

What are the greatest disadvantages? Mother died when I was 12, and I had to fend for myself emotionally.

Everyone's heard of buyer's remorse. Have you had seller's remorse? I’m sorry I sold my Volkswagen convertible.

If a dangerous storm was approaching and you had to take shelter in the strongest part of your home where would you go? I think the laundry room is the safest....no windows and it’s between a bedroom and garage.

Some people really do have a perfect memory. It's a medically recognized thing. Would you want a perfect memory if you could choose it? What are the reasons for your choice? I wish I had kept a diary of the days of my life. The small memories are lost forever. I’d like to be able to remember them.

I think that's enough and hopefully these are enjoyable. Have a good weekend.Back at you!

Old 04-16-2022, 10:31 AM

24,544 posts, read 26,100,212 times
What are the greatest advantages you've had in life?
Living in a time and place where there were nemerous advatages if you looked for them.

What are the greatest disadvantages?
Not taking advantage of various opportunities.

Everyone's heard of buyer's remorse. Have you had seller's remorse?
Yep, there are some cars and property I should have kept.

If a dangerous storm was approaching and you had to take shelter in the strongest part of your home where would you go?
Master or hall bathroom.

Some people really do have a perfect memory. It's a medically recognized thing. Would you want a perfect memory if you could choose it? What are the reasons for your choice?
Maybe not perfect but better. Why? To put the aging process on hold.

I think that's enough and hopefully these are enjoyable. Have a good weekend.
Thanx PegE. Enjoy your weekend.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:13 PM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,482,073 times
Being healthy, having good sense. (sometimes )
Difficult childhood.
Yeah. Couple cars I wish I hadn't let go of when I did.
If a dangerous storm was approaching and you had to take shelter in the strongest part of your home where would you go?
Pantry off the kitchen.
Would you want a perfect memory if you could choose it? What are the reasons for your choice?
Sure. I'd win some quiz shows.

I think that's enough and hopefully these are enjoyable.
Thx, PegE!

Old 04-19-2022, 01:26 PM

12,588 posts, read 2,993,015 times
Having a sense of humor
Having abusive paremts.
A couple times I wish hadn't sold to used book stores because it's a rip off if you're a seller.
A closet in the hall is in the center of the house.
Would you want a perfect memory if you could choose it? What are the reasons for your choice?
Yes, though it might be a burden at times. Why? Because I'd just like to remember it all perfectly.

Old 04-22-2022, 07:52 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,018,702 times
Hello everyone.

Being able to find ways to overcome obstacles in life.

Many health issues

Never have.

Where I currently live I would be out of luck in any room.

Some people really do have a perfect memory. It's a medically recognized thing. Would you want a perfect memory if you could choose it? What are the reasons for your choice?
I would pass. One needs to be able to forget bad memories

I think that's enough and hopefully these are enjoyable. Have a good weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics