Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 02:28 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,427 posts, read 30,615,374 times

Advertisements

Happy Pecan Day. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Nutty Question(s):
Okay, I have to ask the obligatory pecan question: If you like pecans, what do you like them in or with and do you like them plain?

Have you seen any pecan trees?

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ?

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)?

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream?

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy?

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee?

Have you ever eaten ice cream while drinking coffee?

Are there any foods and/or beverages you particularly like to pair together?

When I was in high school I was sent to talk to an academic counselor about class electives or something, I don't remember, but I'll never forget this: The guy sat there eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking coffee. I was jealous. You ever been jealous of something good someone was eating or drinking, and if so can you give us a for instance?

Today's Saying:
"Do no harm, but take no bull."

Enjoy this nutty day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 03:10 AM

30,849 posts, read 16,469,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Okay, I have to ask the obligatory pecan question: If you like pecans, what do you like them in or with and do you like them plain?

I don't really like them.

no. There's a black walnut tree. I don't like them either.

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ?

no.

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)?

No. I would only like to join them in a moving out party.

apple pie, vanilla ice cream. Ages ago. Way too sweet.

Haven't had it in ages but Schwan's make a Raspberry Rumble that's yummy.

I don't drink coffee.

I don't drink coffee. (Is there an echo in here?)

lots. Current favorite is cranberry juice and toast with peanut butter for breakfast

When I was in high school I was sent to talk to an academic counselor about class electives or something, I don't remember, but I'll never forget this: The guy sat there eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking coffee. I was jealous. You ever been jealous of something good someone was eating or drinking, and if so can you give us a for instance?

That was rude of him, and unprofessional.
Not that I can think of.

Today's Saying:

Enjoy this nutty day.
Thanks, bjh

Old 04-14-2022, 03:10 AM

37,850 posts, read 41,226,819 times
Not a fan.

Have you seen any pecan trees? I don't know what they look like. After I finish this I'll go look at one on Google Images. Edit: Now I realize why I don't know what they look like.

"Pecans are grown commercially in 15 states in the southern U.S. including Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas."

https://uspecans.org/how-pecans-are-...20and%20Texas.

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ? Yes but usually if it only smells bad like fish or cabbage (I think).

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)? No

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream? blueberry and apple

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy? Banana. You know what really tastes good? If you freeze homemade banana pudding in a cup and eat it like ice cream. Don't know if any of you have a Calhoun's near you but their banana pudding is great. Take your dessert home and freeze it. Yum.

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee? Don't drink coffee

Have you ever eaten ice cream while drinking coffee? Don't drink coffee

Are there any foods and/or beverages you particularly like to pair together? coca cola and pizza, corn and mashed potatoes, hot dogs and beans. pork chops and beans.

When I was in high school I was sent to talk to an academic counselor about class electives or something, I don't remember, but I'll never forget this: The guy sat there eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking coffee. I was jealous. You ever been jealous of something good someone was eating or drinking, and if so can you give us a for instance? Never would be jealous of that.

Last edited by LauraC; 04-14-2022 at 03:22 AM..

Old 04-14-2022, 05:45 AM

1,434 posts, read 657,923 times
Sometimes you feel like a nut

Morning.

Okay, I have to ask the obligatory pecan question: If you like pecans, what do you like them in or with and do you like them plain? On warm pie, with bourbon and van ice cream. Love pecans any way tho.

Have you seen any pecan trees? I don't recall

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ? Yes. If it's a delicious aroma I sometimes drool.

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)? Not usually, but I would be curious about replicating the aroma.

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream? First time was apple pie.

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy? Does, sorbet count? In that case lemon sorbet a la cava.

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee? I tend to eat something with my coffee {latte}, a biscotti, cookie, chocolate, pastry, cake, pie. It's one of life's small pleasures for me.

Have you ever eaten ice cream while drinking coffee? No.

Are there any foods and/or beverages you particularly like to pair together? I like a side of steamed plantains with EVOO and garlic with many of my meals.

When I was in high school I was sent to talk to an academic counselor about class electives or something, I don't remember, but I'll never forget this: The guy sat there eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking coffee. I was jealous. You ever been jealous of something good someone was eating or drinking, and if so can you give us a for instance? Don't recall being jealous of what someone else was eating, not even something I liked.

Enjoy your day.

Old 04-14-2022, 05:55 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,982,956 times
Good morning to all! Well, it's faux Friday as tomorrow is a holiday for some of us.

I love a slice of a good pecan pie; warm with ice cream or whipped cream on it.

Yes

Yes, my neighbor certainly knows how to smoke meats and it smells great!

Nah, we're just wave over the fence type folks.

Pecan, apple, blueberry cobbler...

I had turtle tracks for the first time last month and it was good.

I don't do coffee.

Again with the coffee...

Pizza and beer

Can't recall any instance of this.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 04-14-2022, 06:23 AM

126,456 posts, read 19,233,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Okay, I have to ask the obligatory pecan question: If you like pecans, what do you like them in or with and do you like them plain? I use them in baking or once in a while I roast them in butter and sprinkle them with a bit of sea salt and sugar

Have you seen any pecan trees? No

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ? Yes throughout the years

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)? Definitely

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream? Apple pie

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy? Jamocha

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee? Yesterday a fresh baked slice of banana/almond bread

Have you ever eaten ice cream while drinking coffee? In summer I occasionally add a scoop of vanilla ice cream in my coffee

Yes onion cake with Federweisser/ new/young wine

Not really

Today's Saying:

Enjoy this nutty day.

Thank you bjh

Old 04-14-2022, 06:31 AM

7,430 posts, read 5,538,641 times

Okay, I have to ask the obligatory pecan question: If you like pecans, what do you like them in or with and do you like them plain? Pecan pie

Have you seen any pecan trees? no

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ? no

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)? no

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream? apple pie

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy? peanut butter cup and fudge ripple ice cream

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee? I don’t drink coffee

Are there any foods and/or beverages you particularly like to pair together? peanut butter and chocolate

these days I’m jealous of anyone who can afford lobster tail or a good steak.
Today's Saying:

Enjoy this nutty day.

Thank You!

Old 04-14-2022, 06:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,534,346 times
BJH, thank you so much!

If you like pecans, what do you like them in or with and do you like them plain? I love them plain but I also like them in so many things...it's hard to name them all but I'll start with three - pecan pie, brownies, sweet potato casserole.

Have you seen any pecan trees? Yes, all the time.

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts) ? Yes. And I used to have a Korean neighbor who made kimchi and I could REALLY smell that! LOL

Ever thought you'd like to join the neighbors for dinner because their food smelled so good (or maybe it didn't smell so good)? No, but that's not a bad idea.

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream? Cherry pie, apple pie, peach pie.

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy? Mardi Gras flavored ice cream!

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee? I love to dip shortbread into coffee or English black tea.

Have you ever eaten ice cream while drinking coffee? Yes.

Are there any foods and/or beverages you particularly like to pair together? Oreos and milk. Apples and cheese. Cobbler and vanilla ice cream. Eggs and toast. Broccoli and cheese. There are many, many more.

When I was in high school I was sent to talk to an academic counselor about class electives or something, I don't remember, but I'll never forget this: The guy sat there eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking coffee. I was jealous. You ever been jealous of something good someone was eating or drinking, and if so can you give us a for instance? Hmmmm, let me think. I rather think not. If I want some sort of food, I'll just go get it or make it or whatever.

Old 04-14-2022, 07:00 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,797,978 times

Have you seen any pecan trees? no

Have you ever been able to smell your neighbors' cooking (while you're outside counts)? no, they are too far away

What kind of pie do you remember having ala mode, with ice cream? apple

What recent or memorable flavors of ice cream did you enjoy? always been a fan of Chocolate chip

Do you remember anything you ate while drinking coffee? chocolate chip cookie last week

Have you ever eaten ice cream while drinking coffee? no

Are there any foods and/or beverages you particularly like to pair together? brownie and milk

You ever been jealous of something good someone was eating or drinking, and if so can you give us a for instance? no

Old 04-14-2022, 07:38 AM

7,281 posts, read 7,172,982 times

no

yes. Grilling is practically year round here

yes

apple

my favorite is mint chip

no coffee

still no coffee

not especially

anytime I see someone eating lobster and I don't have one.

Today's Saying:

Enjoy this nutty day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics