Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 10:41 AM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Rumor has it that Daylight Savings Time will occur on Sunday. That threw my entire day of doing nothing into total chaos and caused me to sort of forgot to think of any questions for Sunday. So, these last-minute questions will probably take crappy questions to a level never seen before.

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you keep any freeze-dried foods on hand?
No
-Do you ever use Mrs. Dash instead of salt for seasoning food?
I use spice and spice blends sometimes, have never tried Mrs. Dash yet
-Have you ever taken your own syrup with you when eating pancakes at a restaurant.

-Ever seen questions crappier than these?
You always have great questions!
-Anybody here live on a street that is not paved?

-Where you live does it ever rain hard enough that the streets flood?
Kentucky has flash flooding, but have never seen it in this area.
-When traveling somewhere have you ever had to take a detour due to a bridge washing out or a landslide blocking the road?

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day
*National Open An Umbrella Indoors Day

Well that is all for now. I will be grabbing several cheap beers and some stinky cheese and do nothing until Monday. Then I will go to the bank and withdraw my Daylight savings. Not sure how much I will get. I will bring my security moose with me so that no one tries to steal my Daylight savings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 12:44 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,679,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Rumor has it that Daylight Savings Time will occur on Sunday. That threw my entire day of doing nothing into total chaos and caused me to sort of forgot to think of any questions for Sunday. So, these last-minute questions will probably take crappy questions to a level never seen before.

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you keep any freeze-dried foods on hand? A few, not many.

-Do you ever use Mrs. Dash instead of salt for seasoning food? I have some but rarely think to use it.

-Have you ever taken your own syrup with you when eating pancakes at a restaurant. No, that sounds gauche.

-Ever seen questions crappier than these? Definitely have!

-Where you live does it ever rain hard enough that the streets flood? I sure do!

-When traveling somewhere have you ever had to take a detour due to a bridge washing out or a landslide blocking the road? Not yet. Most of us around here stay on top of that stuff in the local news.

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day

Well that is all for now. I will be grabbing several cheap beers and some stinky cheese and do nothing until Monday. Then I will go to the bank and withdraw my Daylight savings. Not sure how much I will get. I will bring my security moose with me so that no one tries to steal my Daylight savings.
thanks, Mutt.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:53 PM

10,085 posts, read 1,022,094 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you keep any freeze-dried foods on hand? NO

-Do you ever use Mrs. Dash instead of salt for seasoning food? NO

-Have you ever taken your own syrup with you when eating pancakes at a restaurant. NO

-Ever seen questions crappier than these? Not bad.

-Anybody here live on a street that is not paved? NO - I grew up in Queens (NYC)

-Where you live does it ever rain hard enough that the streets flood? Yes - On the south shore of Long Island, New York - streets, basements, garages all flood.

-When traveling somewhere have you ever had to take a detour due to a bridge washing out or a landslide blocking the road? NO.

I always enjoy daily questions - all questions are good!!

Old 03-13-2022, 03:00 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Howdy, y'all!

Sunday's Questions:

Nope

My family did when I was younger.

-Have you ever taken your own syrup with you when eating pancakes at a restaurant.
No

I believe I have.

Never had that.

Some roads in the town do, but not in my immediate area.

-When traveling somewhere have you ever had to take a detour due to a bridge washing out or a landslide blocking the road?
Yes for a bridge washout and for rocks falling down into the road. Have also had to detour due to bridges being worn out and labeled as too weak for traffic.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 03-13-2022, 05:46 PM

38,867 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, for dietary reasons.

Not regularly.

No

Not me.

It sure does!

No, neither.

Have a fun day Sunday!

Old 03-13-2022, 09:08 PM

61,653 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Sunday's Questions:

Frozen - yes. Freeze-dry - no

Ever? Maybe, but normally - no.

No. I don't BYOF to restaurants

Yes, but not asked by you.

Not me

Depends where I live. In Texas, yes!

Yes, many times in Texas. I don't cross flooded low waters bridges. Way too dangerous. It only takes 6" of water to float a car.

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day

Daylight saving is next week here. Totally unnecessary and no one likes it. It has no effect on energy consumption. Those daylight savings are actually very costly.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:39 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Sunday's Questions:

No

-Do you ever use Mrs. Dash instead of salt for seasoning food? No

-Have you ever taken your own syrup with you when eating pancakes at a restaurant. No

-Ever seen questions crappier than these? Yes

-Anybody here live on a street that is not paved? Can't speak for everybody - No for me.

-Where you live does it ever rain hard enough that the streets flood? Is this one of those jinx QOTD questions? No.

-When traveling somewhere have you ever had to take a detour due to a bridge washing out or a landslide blocking the road? No, just trees blocking the road after a hurricane (Long Island, NY) and general flooding (Delaware).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics