Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 08:00 PM
bjh

60,366 posts, read 30,566,432 times

Advertisements

Today is: National Flapjack Day!
Alrighty then!

What is your favorite pancake mix or recipe?
Bisquick for homemade.
What do you like on your pancakes?
If not syrup, tablespoon of fruit pie filling
What is your favorite thing to eat with pancakes?
Not a big fan. Maybe 2 or 3 bites and I'm good.

What is the first flower of spring in your yard or neighborhood?
Red bud trees.

When you get “spring fever” what do you feel like doing?
Kicking up my heels.

If you had a choice of a free adventure this month, would you like to hike a snowy trail, go skiing, lie on a sunny beach, snorkel with tropical fish, cruise to Alaska, or other?
Snorkeling sounds good.

You are in a contest. You must make something with your own hands. It can be made of any materials you prefer.
What would you make?
Something made of wood.
Do you think you would have a good chance of winning a blue ribbon?
Probably not.

Good questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 10:38 PM

44,432 posts, read 20,198,149 times
Spring comes here this month. I hope your weather is getting milder, wherever you live. Friday it was 40F; Saturday it was 72F; Sunday it was 40F and today it was 32F and snowing this morning. One warm day, and it was back to wintery weather for us.

What is your favorite pancake mix or recipe? Bisquick pancakes are my all-time favorite.
What do you like on your pancakes? Just pure maple syrup. If pure syrup isn't available, my next fave would be Log Cabin maple syrup.
What is your favorite thing to eat with pancakes? Pork sausage links.

What is the first flower of spring in your yard or neighborhood? Snowdrops. Mine started blooming on Sunday. They always start blooming when it's still wintery; they'll bloom right through the snow.

When you get “spring fever” what do you feel like doing? Walking outdoors more; working in my garden.

If you had a choice of a free adventure this month, would you like to hike a snowy trail, go skiing, lie on a sunny beach, snorkel with tropical fish, cruise to Alaska, or other? I'd like to try cross-country skiing (on an easy, level trail for starters).

You are in a contest. You must make something with your own hands. It can be made of any materials you prefer.
What would you make? A snowman.
Do you think you would have a good chance of winning a blue ribbon? Maybe!

Today’s paraprosdokian:
Always remember my grandfather’s last words: “A truck!” Ha. I love Emo's humor.
-Emo Phillips

Today’s funny:
Why did the pancake get arrested?
It had committed multiple unwaffle actions. MAJOR GROAN!

Have a happy, healthy week!

Thanks for the questions, gentlearts!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-11-2022, 08:07 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,031,992 times
What is your favorite pancake mix or recipe?
What do you like on your pancakes?
What is your favorite thing to eat with pancakes?
Plain old pancakes work for me. Got to have butter and a truckload of syrup.

What is the first flower of spring in your yard or neighborhood?
Have no idea

When you get “spring fever” what do you feel like doing?
Going on a trip

If you had a choice of a free adventure this month, would you like to hike a snowy trail, go skiing, lie on a sunny beach, snorkel with tropical fish, cruise to Alaska, or other?
A cruise to Alaska sounds good. May I have an outside stateroom with a balcony please.

What would you make?
A mess

Do you think you would have a good chance of winning a blue ribbon?
Only if they are judging the mess included

Today’s paraprosdokian:
Always remember my grandfather’s last words: “A truck!”
-Emo Phillips

Today’s funny:
Why did the pancake get arrested?
It had committed multiple unwaffle actions.

Have a happy, healthy week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics