Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 08:47 PM

44,410 posts, read 20,152,734 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last write a paper check?

When did you last receive a paper check?

Have you ever deposited a check using an app on your cell phone?

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more?

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number?

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own?

How old were you when you opened your first checking account?

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What musical instrument do you love to hear?

What sound do you find particularly annoying?

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it?

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm?

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.?

When and where did you last hear an infant cry?

Have you ever had a pet that snored?

That's all for this installment, friends. Have a splendid Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:24 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,618,961 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last write a paper check? Last week. Two of them!

When did you last receive a paper check? Have no idea

Have you ever deposited a check using an app on your cell phone? No since our son in law retired from the Army

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more? Last ordered new checks when we had to change banks. Think we got 100 and they'll last a long time. We only need to write a couple a month for bills.

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number? Yup

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own? Bank issue. I used to have checks with pictures of outhouses on them. When we got married, my wife made me get others. lol

How old were you when you opened your first checking account? 16

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check? Nope. Forgot to date several times but not sign it

BONUS QUESTIONS

What musical instrument do you love to hear? Piano, some brass instruments

What sound do you find particularly annoying? Twangy type of "kuntry" music

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it? There's an owl in the neighborhood I love hearing. Heard him last night!

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm? I'm retired from the state highway department. In 26 years, I've seen a good share of trees and parts of trees fall

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.? Mainly squeaky floors

When and where did you last hear an infant cry? Thankfully it's been a while. But got a grandson due in February so hope to hear plenty then!

Have you ever had a pet that snored? I have two now! Funnier when they bark in their sleep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 09:45 PM

62,085 posts, read 87,801,988 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I need to write one check yearly to pay my membership in a fraternity club.

Few months ago, from the bank.

Always when I get check.

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more?

Maybe 5 years ago. Got a box, used 5 checks...

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number?

I never had it printed. I think i was asked for my DL# and phone number, not SS#. Wrote it per hand, as needed.

Standard.

It was opened for me when I was a child. I continued it till I moved to another country.

I don't think so, but once I paid my house taxes and used check from a bank where I just closed my account. The check bounced and I had to pay $$$ in late fees to the Tax Assessor.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Violin and Saxofon.

Inconsideration.

waves crashing on the shore and seagulls and other coastal birds.

Many times, during a storm.

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.?

Fridge makes the usual noises and sometimes creaking and popping sounds in the walls.

When I was visiting my son.

Yes!!! My son's dachshund snores!!!

That's all for this installment, friends. Have a splendid Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Thank you, Pam!

Last edited by elnina; 09-20-2021 at 10:09 PM..

Old 09-20-2021, 10:07 PM

21,625 posts, read 8,787,204 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

On Sunday I wrote a check to the insurance company.
I can't remember exactly what or when, but I think it was some type of rebate or refund earlier this year.
No, I haven't done that. I go to the teller or use the ATM.
I can't remember, but I think it was last year when we last ordered new checks. A pack of checks usually lasts us for a couple of years.
Yikes! I've never heard of that.
Standard bank issue is fine with me. I have used custom designs in the past, though.
I think that may have happened once.
BONUS QUESTIONS

I love all musical instruments (with the possible exception of kazoos and bagpipes), but I'm particularly fond of the bassoon because I used to play.
Alarms, sirens, construction equipment, motorcycles,loud booming bass coming from a car stereo.
Gurgling water, wind rustling through trees, bird songs. Last heard about two months ago when I went for a walk in the park.
No, I haven't witnesses that first hand, but we've had trees fall on our street.
The floor creaks, and at night the house sometimes makes little popping or snapping noises.
Oh, gosh. I honestly don't remember. Not having had children or grandchildren, I am seldom around babies. The last time I can remember was at my aunt's funeral about eight years ago.
No, because parakeets don't do that.

Thanks, Pam - and welcome back!

Old 09-20-2021, 10:29 PM

37,820 posts, read 41,132,981 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Monday morning.

When did you last receive a paper check? Don't remember.

Have you ever deposited a check using an app on your cell phone? No

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more? 2 books. I write 4 - 5 checks per month.

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number? Don't remember SSN or phone # on checks.

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own? Chose design.

How old were you when you opened your first checking account? 18

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check? Once

BONUS QUESTIONS

Depends on the type of music.

What sound do you find particularly annoying? Vehicle backing up loud beeping.

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it? The sound of a largemouth bass going for a popper type (surface) lure in the evening or early morning. Not since the 1980s.

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm? No, but I watched a fully decorated Christmas tree fall in my living room when all of the ornaments were glass not plastic. I've seen plenty of downed trees.

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.? My air conditioner/heater is making water running/bubbling noises now. What does that mean?

When and where did you last hear an infant cry? On TV not too long ago.

Have you ever had a pet that snored? No

Old 09-21-2021, 01:01 AM

44,693 posts, read 61,850,766 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last write a paper check? Sometime last week.

When did you last receive a paper check? Last week.

Have you ever deposited a check using an app on your cell phone? No, I go directly to the bank.

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more? It's been a year or more and they should last for another year.

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number? Yes I remember that and when your drivers licenses had SS numbers printed on them too.

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own? Standard.

How old were you when you opened your first checking account? About 17.

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check? Don't recall, but have written the wrong date many times.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What musical instrument do you love to hear? Piano, electric guitar, sax, drums, depends on the type of music.

What sound do you find particularly annoying? C-rap music, vehicle backing up beepers, sirens, car alarms.

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it? Babbling brooks, and it's been several years.

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm? Yes and also lightning striking trees too.

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.? Fridge ice maker and occasionally the water heater sounds like a pop corn machine.

When and where did you last hear an infant cry? Recently on TV, in real life it's been several years.

Have you ever had a pet that snored? No, but once had a dog that farted all the time.

That's all for this installment, friends. Have a splendid Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. Thanks Ms Pam, U-2

Old 09-21-2021, 03:08 AM

11,410 posts, read 9,335,326 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last write a paper check? - That is how I pay my rent, the first of every month. Everything else is either online or automated over the phone.

When did you last receive a paper check? - About 6 months ago from the State Of Maryland which surprised me since they have my correct banking information.

Have you ever deposited a check using an app on your cell phone? - No.

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more? - About 6 months ago and IDK. Maybe not needed anymore.

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number? - I don't.

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own? - There is no design. I ordered them myself through a private company.

How old were you when you opened your first checking account? - I think 18 but maybe 17.

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check? - Never.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What musical instrument do you love to hear? - My favorite is the electric guitar, when it's played well of course.

What sound do you find particularly annoying? - The smoke detector, horns honking when it's not necessary, and car alarms rank high.

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it? - Water rolling over rocks, last time about a month ago.

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm? - No.

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.? - No, it's very quiet here.

When and where did you last hear an infant cry? - I remember a few months ago while in a store saying to myself "someone's not happy."

Have you ever had a pet that snored? - N/A.

That's all for this installment, friends. Have a splendid Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. - Thanks, Pam!

Old 09-21-2021, 05:32 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,954,396 times
Good morning to all!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Had to look in my checkbook. I've written 3 paper checks since 10/2019.

My wife gets paid with a paper check. She put in for direct deposit a long time ago. Still hasn't happened and the company seems not to be bothered with it.

Every check we get gets deposited this way.

We ordered new checks about six years ago. I still have three or four boxes left. At this point, this would be a lifetime supply.

Absolutely. They also used to say to engrave your SSN into valuables. I just scratched my SSN off the side of an 8' step ladder frame after forgetting it was there all these years.

3rd party company.

Early teens I believe.

Don't think I ever did that.

BONUS QUESTIONS

I like to listen to different aspects of songs, especially rhythm guitar, bass guitar and drums

1) The overmodulated sounds and thumping sounds of people blaring "music" in public places. 2) People with little 4 cylinder cars and motorcyclicts that think it's cool to make as much noise as possible while driving. 3) Kids

The crack of thunder when it's nearby.

Yes and it's pretty neat (and unpredictable).

Settling cracks and pops, hot water heater gurgling, etc.

It's been a long time. Maybe Covid lockdowns assisted with that.

Yes. A couple of the dogs we've had over the years did that.

Thanks for QOTD, Pam!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 09-21-2021, 05:37 AM

9,754 posts, read 14,326,344 times

When did you last write a paper check? Yesterday

When did you last receive a paper check? Yesterday

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more? I get 100 at a time, and they last about a year. A new batch was rec'd last week.

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number? My checks have the business address and phone number, no SS #.

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own? Standard

How old were you when you opened your first checking account? 16

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check? I've never done that, but I rec'd a check yesterday in payment for services rendered and it wasn't signed.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What musical instrument do you love to hear? Drums, bagpipes

What sound do you find particularly annoying? One particular crooked politician whenever he opens his mouth

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it? Chimes blowing in the wind, in my flower garden yesterday

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm? Yes

In our 100+ yr. old house, a few creaks when it's windy

When and where did you last hear an infant cry? More like a "SCREAM" in the grocery store

Have you ever had a pet that snored? We never had animals in the house, so "no"

Thanks Pam! Welcome Back.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:31 AM

7,400 posts, read 5,514,120 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last write a paper check? Yesterday

When did you last receive a paper check? August 12, my birthday

Approximately when did you last order new checks, how many did you get, and how long do you expect them to last before you need to get more? I rarely write a check

Do you remember when it was common for people to have their social security number printed on their checks along with their address and phone number? Yes

Are your checks standard bank issue, or did you choose a design of your own? Standard

How old were you when you opened your first checking account? 18.

Did you ever mail or submit a check to someone but forgot to sign the check? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

What musical instrument do you love to hear? Guitar

What sound do you find particularly annoying? Loud music, loud vehicles

What's a favorite nature sound you love to hear, and when did you last hear it? Lightening and thunder. A couple weeks ago.

Have you ever seen a tree or a large portion of a tree fall in a storm? Yes

Does your home make any sounds, such as gurgling pipes, creaky floors, bubbling water heater, etc.? My frig makes weird noises sometimes.

When and where did you last hear an infant cry? A few days ago in a store.

Have you ever had a pet that snored? Yes, cats

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics