Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 07:12 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,071,205 times

Advertisements

Good morning, lovely people! Hey, it finally feels pretty good outside here in Texas. I think fall is officially at least in the air.

And yes, my house is decked out in fall leaves and pumpkins and spicy smells! Hope springs eternal. I mean, we do get fall colors here - around Thanksgiving. I just want to be able to wear a sweater on Thanksgiving - I don't think that's too much to ask.

Anyway, enough about me, on with the questions! As usual, bonus points for giving reasons for your answers. My answers are in the next post.

Cash or credit? I do a lot of online shopping so that is credit card plus i use the Target CC locally so I get 5% off and then pay it when it posts so it's like cash . Otherwise it's cash - CC creeps up on you.

Espresso or drip coffee? I don't drink coffee - keep thinking I'll start but haven't yet. I have a drip for guests. I'd drink it when I was in school while preparing for finals and would get goofy from it.

Hot coffee or iced coffee? n/a

Patterned or plain? Both but plain more often

Reality shows or documentaries?

Red wine or white wine? Don't drink much wine but prefer a dry white

Salad or sandwich? Sometimes one other times the other

And we're off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 08:10 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,694,009 times
Cash or credit? We use both

Espresso or drip coffee? I don't drink coffee but my wife prefers drip

Hot coffee or iced coffee? She also only drinks hot

Patterned or plain? Plain

Reality shows or documentaries? Neither

Red wine or white wine? I don't drink

Salad or sandwich? Sandwich

Old 09-15-2021, 08:17 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,035 posts, read 82,286,952 times
Anyway, enough about me, on with the questions! As usual, bonus points for giving reasons for your answers. My answers are in the next post.

Cash or credit? I have not used cash or credit for many years now. We have 3 debit cards and use them for everything.

Espresso or drip coffee? Both. We have a Nespresso VertuoLine which makes both espresso and regular drip style coffee.

Hot coffee or iced coffee? I have to drink hot first thing in the morning, but in summer I like an iced drink, my favorites are Dutch Bros Grasshopper Freeze, or their B52 Freeze.

Patterned or plain? When it comes to clothes and furniture, I have only plain.

Reality shows or documentaries? Documentaries, especially historical like "Time Team", "Mysteries of the Abandoned" or anything with Josh Gates.

Red wine or white wine? My stomach no longer likes Red wine, so I pretty much stick to white now.

Salad or sandwich? I like both, and give the choice I might go for either.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:47 AM

24,684 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Cash or credit?
Both, depends on item purchased.

Espresso or drip coffee?

Hot coffee or iced coffee?

Patterned or plain?

Red wine or white wine?
Meh

Salad or sandwich?

And we're off!
And thanx Kathryn for the EZ.PZ Q's.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:56 AM

62,526 posts, read 88,597,252 times
Good morning, lovely people! Hey, it finally feels pretty good outside here in Texas. I think fall is officially at least in the air.

And yes, my house is decked out in fall leaves and pumpkins and spicy smells! Hope springs eternal. I mean, we do get fall colors here - around Thanksgiving. I just want to be able to wear a sweater on Thanksgiving - I don't think that's too much to ask.

Too early to me to think about Fall and Thanksgiving.

Cash or credit?

Credit (no debit card) for bigger purchases, cash for items $10 or less

Espresso or drip coffee?

Espresso. But there is more to it than the brewing method.

Hot. I don't care for iced beverages.

Patterned or plain?

Not enough info.

Documentaries. "Reality shows" are staged.

Red wine or white wine?

Both, and totally depends on many factors.

Salad or sandwich?

Probably salad, but I do like to eat it with bread.

And we're off!

Thank you, KA

Old 09-15-2021, 09:00 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,993,427 times
Good morning to all. Thanks for QOTD, KA!

Cash or credit?
Credit 95% of the time. We pay them off in full monthly and get the cashback bonuses. I do use cash at the barber shop, the bagel shop, and for donations, etc. That's about it.

Espresso or drip coffee?
No coffee for me.

No coffee for me.

Patterned or plain?
I think I'll go with patterned. It shows flair and differentiation.

I like documentaries. There are some decent reality shows where you can "kind of" learn from them, such as Deadliest Catch and Moonshiners. I've learned alot about the crabbing and liquor making industries thanks to these shows. They also have their share of reality silliness, so there's that.

Red wine or white wine?
I like the blush wines if I have to drink it.

Salad or sandwich?
Sandwich (as long as I control what goes on it). Otherwise, I'll take a salad and pick my way through it.

Have a terrific day, everyone!

Old 09-15-2021, 09:18 AM

30,915 posts, read 16,512,192 times
Cash or credit?
preferably cash.

Espresso or drip coffee?
neither

neither

Patterned or plain?
depends but mostly plain

documentary if I must.

Red wine or white wine?

neither

Salad or sandwich?
either but usually a sandwich.

And we're off!

ok. let's go!

thanks, KA

Old 09-15-2021, 09:32 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,496,143 times

Cash or credit?
Short of my bank's ATM CC, I have no credit cards or large long-term debts these days because having such at my age I find a bit dishonest.

At any rate, I've always preferred cash but with interest rates being so low these days, the tax breaks on interest and the rapidly inflating prices of big ticket items like homes and cars, I understand that a young person responsibly using someone else's money can be their only legal route to survival.

Espresso or drip coffee?
Drip coffee when I have company.

Hot.

Patterned or plain?
Plain, I guess?

I have no tvs but on the internet, as long as it's not a revisit to established history, I prefer documentaries.

Red wine or white wine?
A dry blush on the rare times I buy wine.

Salad or sandwich?
Sandwich I suppose. Much easier to make.

And we're off!

Have a great day all and interesting questions KA.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,670,207 times
Thank you, everyone - keep 'em coming! (Some people I can't rep again yet.)

Old 09-15-2021, 10:42 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,104,060 times
Cash or credit? Both.

Espresso or drip coffee? Drip.

Hot coffee or iced coffee? Hot.

Patterned or plain? Plain.

Reality shows or documentaries? Documentary.

Red wine or white wine? Beer.

Salad or sandwich? Both.

And we're off!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics