Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,225,721 times

Advertisements

Last Mother's Day we lost a friend. I won't qualify him as a CD friend, although that is where we came to know him. He came to be very real to many of us. To me he seemed as a friend in RL.

For those of you who never knew him, Momark was a frequent poster. He was the kind of guy you would want for a friend. A twin to his sister who is an artist, Momark had such a special relationship with his mother- one envied by many. He always spoke so highly of her.

He knew so much about so many things. He spoke his conscience, he was no wimp! But Momark "got it" that you can disagree on something and still find commonalities.

Momark died last year on Mother's Day. His mom and his twin sister were there. Many of you will fill in the blanks of what he meant to you and this forum. I just want to say that, although his too-soon death was a tragedy, the fact that he passed on Mother's Day just held so much meaning to me. That he so revered his mother and that Mother's Day was the day that he left this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 10:41 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Last Mother's Day we lost a friend. I won't qualify him as a CD friend, although that is where we came to know him. He came to be very real to many of us. To me he seemed as a friend in RL.

For those of you who never knew him, Momark was a frequent poster. He was the kind of guy you would want for a friend. A twin to his sister who is an artist, Momark had such a special relationship with his mother- one envied by many. He always spoke so highly of her.

He knew so much about so many things. He spoke his conscience, he was no wimp! But Momark "got it" that you can disagree on something and still find commonalities.

Momark died last year on Mother's Day. His mom and his twin sister were there. Many of you will fill in the blanks of what he meant to you and this forum. I just want to say that, although his too-soon death was a tragedy, the fact that he passed on Mother's Day just held so much meaning to me. That he so revered his mother and that Mother's Day was the day that he left this world.
I did not know him, but he sounded like someone very special to you. Thank you for sharing your joy of knowing him. My sister died last Spring also, but not on Mother's Day. It would have been appropriate though since she took care of my mother until she died. I thought Mom may have gotten to heaven and told Jesus that she wanted her daughter there too.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,275,259 times
Gosh, a whole year. It seems sooner than that. He was a smart, heart-of-gold kinda guy and I miss him too.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,045,254 times
MoMark was my first CD buddy.
He was sincere and certainly unafraid to speak his mind.
MoMark and I sometimes disagreed, but we could do so with courtesy and respect, and not a little humor.
HIF, it is nice of you to begin this thread.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,833,522 times
MoMark had passed on before I joined City-Data, so I never had the opportunity to *trade* posts with him...but I wanted y'all to know that the legacy of his words live on...

Last month we had a Skin Cancer *scare* with my hubby, and of course I searched here to see if anyone else had experience with it... I found MoMark's posts, and read about his long battle with Skin Cancer.

His words were a comfort and an education for me. All I could do was *rep* him in Thanks... I am very Thankful that he is an "Eternal Member" here.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,249,701 times
I have been thinking about MoMark a lot these last few days. He was one of my first CD friends as well. I loved that he was not shy about himself. Anyone remember the picture of his incredible living room with the roll of TP sitting out on the coffee table? Or the big ice storm and how all of his neighbors pitched in to help each other during the power outage/storm clean up?

I still have the last DM he sent me, telling me he was very sick.

I am glad someone else is thinking of him too. We miss you Matt (that was his real name).

Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,652,483 times
I never knew MoMark but by what everyone has said (and after reading some of his posts) he sounded like a great guy.

Rest in peace.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:59 AM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times
Momark will always have a special place in my heart. He was a very kind, intelligent Christian man. I still remember how I cried when I read that he had passed way. Even though I never got the pleasure of meeting him in this life, I look forward to meeting him in Heaven.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,581,647 times
When I first read about Momark on another thread, I just had to find more of his posts and read as many as I could. What a fabulous young man, gone way too soon. But to leave such a mark on so many on this forum. He does sound as if he was a good friend to so many. I'm sorry that I never got to 'meet' him.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,545,358 times
And you, Northwoods Voyager, have inspired ME to search out and read his posts. I was new to C-D before he passed away. And I did have a couple of enjoyable exchanges with him. Sigh...sometimes you don't realize just how special some people are 'til they're gone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics