Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 05:43 AM

30,720 posts, read 16,359,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
. . . autumn is here. Everyone thinks so.

Today's Question(s):
Is there anything the last few months you felt glad to have more time for?

being retired and a home body anyway I haven't really had to change my lifestyle much, except for wearing those stupid but useful masks.

Modern art, yes or no or neutral?

depends on the piece. Neutral I guess.

What jobs, ways of life, or experiences do you think would make for interesting stories?

native Americans before the white man; prison guards; kindergarten teachers (thinking Kids Say the Darndest Things of long ago tv)

Foodie Question(s):
Tell us about your first taste(s) of alcoholic beverages or have you never tried any?

beer I think or maybe a whiskey sour. When we were kids, dad let us taste his. His theory was that if it wasn't forbidden fruit we wouldn't over indulge as a rebellion.

Just to: The following questions are courtesy of PAhippo:

About those stupid alarms that go off if you hit the button on your [vehicle's] key fob, ever done it accidentally?
lots of times.

Anyone come to your rescue?

nobody even paid attention.

If you hear them go off in another vehicle do you even pay attention?

I look but don't go out of my way to find it.

Be safe out there! Heavy leaves may already be falling near you. Wear a helmet.

more like an orange hat. helps hunters from confusing you with a deer, bear, or turkey.

thanks, bj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 05:53 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,955,250 times
Good morning to all...

Today's Question(s):
I've enjoyed working from home. Gives me an extra hour each day with no commute.

Neutral...

What jobs, ways of life, or experiences do you think would make for interesting stories?
I look at a show like Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. If that show can make such interesting TV from the careers of the people they followed, then every job can have its interesting tales.

Foodie Question(s):
Tell us about your first taste(s) of alcoholic beverages or have you never tried any?
We'd sneak or sometimes be given a taste of booze at family functions when I was young.

About those stupid alarms that go off if you hit the button on your [vehicle's] key fob, ever done it accidentally?
Once or twice.

No, they're viewed as an annoyance more than anything.

I'll look over, but won't react unless I see something is wrong and someone needs help.

OK, hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 09-24-2020, 06:33 AM

126,404 posts, read 19,156,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Is there anything the last few months you felt glad to have more time for? Time wise nothing has really changed for me for I am retired

Modern art, yes or no or neutral? Not so much

Marine biologist, Oceanography, Forestry, Therapeutic riding instructors and much more.....
Foodie Question(s):
Tell us about your first taste(s) of alcoholic beverages or have you never tried any? Father let us try some sips of beer and on Sylvester/New Years Eve we were allowed a few sips of Champagne

About those stupid alarms that go off if you hit the button on your [vehicle's] key fob, ever done it accidentally? Yes

Anyone come to your rescue? No

If you hear them go off in another vehicle do you even pay attention? Not really

THANK YOU bjh and PAhippo!

Old 09-24-2020, 06:42 AM

7,401 posts, read 5,514,753 times

Today's Question(s):
The nice weather and being outside.
Modern art, yes or no or neutral? neutral

What jobs, ways of life, or experiences do you think would make for interesting stories? Working in a prison. Being a psychologist. Being a teacher for young kids.

Foodie Question(s):
Tell us about your first taste(s) of alcoholic beverages or have you never tried any? When I was in high school, beer, to this day I hate it.

About those stupid alarms that go off if you hit the button on your [vehicle's] key fob, ever done it accidentally? No

If you hear them go off in another vehicle do you even pay attention? Yes, because the car alarms are so loud.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:57 AM

12,684 posts, read 3,002,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
more like an orange hat. helps hunters from confusing you with a deer, bear, or turkey.

thanks, bj.
So wear an orange helmet. Lol

Old 09-24-2020, 08:03 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,771 posts, read 81,730,333 times
Today's Question(s):
Is there anything the last few months you felt glad to have more time for? Yes, without the commute, I have had an extra hour every afternoon to putter around in the yard and catch up on a few projects, before winter comes and it gets dark earlier.

Modern art, yes or no or neutral? Yes

What jobs, ways of life, or experiences do you think would make for interesting stories? I once worked for about 4 years as a service rep for a big city water district. I did leak inspections, turned meters on and off as people moved, and a lot of bill collections/turning off for non-payment. I could write a book with interesting stories about that. Everything from catching couples "in the act" through the window as I walked up, hornet nests in the meter box, sidewalk hookers standing on a meter box (could you please move for a few minutes?"

Foodie Question(s):
Tell us about your first taste(s) of alcoholic beverages or have you never tried any? When I was 14 I worked at an English Fish & Chips shop." They had Watney's Red Barrel beer on tap and it behaved badly, resulting in a lot of overflow foam which they drained into empty Mayonnaise jars and out into the refrigerator. Apparently in the UK they let kids drink earlier, because they let me drink some of it. When I was 16 I stayed with my grandmother for a few days when my grandfather was in the hospital. She always served me breakfast with a shot of brandy.

About those stupid alarms that go off if you hit the button on your [vehicle's] key fob, ever done it accidentally? Yes, in fact just the other day!

Anyone come to your rescue? No

If you hear them go off in another vehicle do you even pay attention? No, the little boy has cried wolf way too many times.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:15 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,918,908 times
=== Painting, reading, thinking.

Modern art, yes or no or neutral? === Some yes, some no.

[b] === Supreme Court Justice.

Tell us about your first taste(s) of alcoholic beverages or have you never tried any? === Don't remember when I had my first taste. I've never liked beer, but do like the occasional glass of wine.

About those stupid alarms that go off if you hit the button on your [vehicle's] key fob, ever done it accidentally? === I sure have.

Anyone come to your rescue? === No.

If you hear them go off in another vehicle do you even pay attention? === Not really.

Thanks bjh!

Old 09-24-2020, 10:05 AM

24,575 posts, read 26,133,940 times
Today's Question(s):
Can't think of a thing.

Neutral

Archeologist, Natural Geographic explorer/photographer.

Foodie Question(s):
Most likely a sip or 2 from moms high ball.

No, but I did do it accidentally by locking and closing the door with the key in the ignition.

Yep, the wife was nearby with her key/fob.

Haven't heard one go off in a long time, maybe a quick look to see where Ir's at.

We have to watch out for palm fronds.

Thanx bjh and PAhippo for the great team effort.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:14 PM

39,052 posts, read 23,044,693 times
Today's Question(s):
More time to exercise and catch up on my reading.

Neutral

Criminal attorney or law enforcement

Foodie Question(s):
It tasted just like . Besides, I'm allergic so I can't drink anyway.

Once that I remember, when I first purchased the car.

No, I was able to figure it out.

It's such a common occurrence, I just ignore it.

Enjoy your Friday Eve!

Old 09-25-2020, 10:45 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,024,499 times

Today's Question(s):
Not really. I have plenty of time

Probably neutral.

I find just about anything aviation related very interesting.

Foodie Question(s):
My dad bought me my first beer stein when I was two. Been a beer drinker ever since. Never developed much of a taste for hard liquor or wine.

Don't you mean stolen from PAhippo?

Did it quite often with the rental cars

Nope. Nobody pays much attention to them.

Nope

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics