Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 09:22 PM

37,871 posts, read 41,287,644 times

Advertisements

Useless Facts or Things You Can Do, Prove or Ponder While You Quarantine Yourself: Our belly buttons are crawling with bacteria. The average person has 67 species swarming around in there; There were 43,687 toilet related accidents in the United States in 1996. I don't remember that question on the census.; Most lipstick contains fish scales...and you thought "It's like kissing your sister" was an insult; The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping off the male's head. Charming; In the "It will do in a pinch" category: Smearing a small amount of dog feces on an insect bite will relieve the itching and swelling.

And away we go...

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine?

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move?
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving?
Were you moving to a neighborhood that was already established or were you moving to a new development?
Was it hard to make new friends in the neighborhood?
Did you move before the school term started or during it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCGlWqSnsmU

Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why?
Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street?
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above?

Do you have unused AA batteries at home?
Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them?

Which female singer, dead or alive, do you think has the best voice?
Of her music, what is your favorite song? Feel free to include a video.

Do you ever check any of the following online? If yes, why do you do it?

a) Time of sunrise or sunset
b) Time of high or low tide
c) Wind speed
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19?

How come I (I'd say "we" but that would be presumptuous ) never heard of Corvid 1 through 18?

Local squirrel photo (with special effects) taken by me last year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 10:01 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times
Useless Facts or Things You Can Do, Prove or Ponder While You Quarantine Yourself: Our belly buttons are crawling with bacteria. The average person has 67 species swarming around in there; There were 43,687 toilet related accidents in the United States in 1996. I don't remember that question on the census.; Most lipstick contains fish scales...and you thought "It's like kissing your sister" was an insult; The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping off the male's head. Charming; In the "It will do in a pinch" category: Smearing a small amount of dog feces on an insect bite will relieve the itching and swelling.

And away we go...

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine?
No, but thinking it's going to be remote doctoring such as brought about by the current pandemic.
When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? Not far...
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving? Not really.
Were you moving to a neighborhood that was already established or were you moving to a new development? Established neighborhoods.
Was it hard to make new friends in the neighborhood? Friends and enemies.
Did you move before the school term started or during it? Don't recall.

I don't they constantly attack my bird feeders.

Not sure but it must be one or the other because i see lots as road kill.

Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above?
My dog puts them through basic training every day.

Loads of new and used. AAA's also.

Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them?
In quantity different amounts.

Petula Clark, Dusty Springfield (many will say Patsy Cline)

P.C.~ I know a place

D.S.~You don't have to say you love me

a) Time of sunrise or sunset Not really.
b) Time of high or low tide No.
c) Wind speed Occasionally
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19?
Nope just same old same old.
How come I (I'd say "we" but that would be presumptuous ) never heard of Corvid 1 through 18?
"We" weren't in the loop.
Local squirrel photo (with special effects) taken by me last year. I'll share some of mine.....

Thanks for the "Q"s Laura!

Last edited by SATX56; 03-13-2020 at 10:27 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 10:07 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,705,520 times
I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? I've heard it but couldn't tell you much about it

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? We moved across town once
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving? I hated it. Didn't want to leave my friends
Were you moving to a neighborhood that was already established or were you moving to a new development? Already established
Was it hard to make new friends in the neighborhood? Kind of. New kid easy to pick on
Did you move before the school term started or during it? We moved in October, but my brother and I rode bikes across town to finish the school year at the old school, about a 2 mile ride

Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? They're OK, but a pain in the garden and bird feeder
Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street? Just trying to get their nuts to the other side!
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? I like the videos of people getting them off their porches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adlH1WtyCcU

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? Yup. AA and AAA
Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them? I buy a card of 10 or 12

Which female singer, dead or alive, do you think has the best voice? Olivia Newton John. Besides a great voice, in my teen years I could stare at her picture on her record cover all day.
Of her music, what is your favorite song? Feel free to include a video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2S1nmxYmUg

a) Time of sunrise or sunset Only if I want to get up early and go fishing
b) Time of high or low tide Nope
c) Wind speed Nope
d) Phase of the moon Nope
e) Pollen count Nope

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? For one I'm not making a big deal out of the "paranoia virus" like 95% of the people are. I wouldn't have hoarded toilet paper for any reason, any time. Ever. If I was told I HAD to stay home for that period of time I'd watch a lot of TV.

How come I (I'd say "we" but that would be presumptuous ) never heard of Corvid 1 through 18? May have but wouldn't have cared any more about them than I do this one. Just use common sense. Stay home if you feel sick. I haven't changed my routine a single bit and don't plan on starting. I'm not paranoid enough to mention this stuff every other breath.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:40 PM

21,742 posts, read 8,880,895 times
And away we go...

Yes, I've heard of that.
When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move?
Many times. By the time I graduated from high school, I had moved 12 times and attended 10 different schools.

It was such a common event that I took it all in stride. I thought of it as a kind of adventure, like getting a fresh start.

Were you moving to a neighborhood that was already established or were you moving to a new development?
One of the moves was to a house that had just been built in a new subdivision.

I suppose it must have been, but I was an introverted bookworm type so I didn't make friends easily under the best of circumstances.

Most of the time it was during a school year.

They are rodents. Not a fan.

You'd have to ask a squirrel. I have no idea what goes through their pea brains.

Yes, I have.

Yes, I keep a small supply on hand.

I have reusable batteries, and I buy them 4 at a time.

Ella Fitzgerald

I like all the "Songbook" albums she did.

c) Wind speed
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count
I don't usually check these.

I have lots of books to read and music to listen to. I also watch TV, surf the net, play games online, cook, clean house and spend way too much time on C-D.
Maybe there weren't any. The "19" might stand for something else.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 03-14-2020, 12:15 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,088,204 times
I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? No I have enough problems with finding the band aids in the medicine cabinet....

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? After Kindergarten and before 1st grade.
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving? No big deal...
Were you moving to a neighborhood that was already established or were you moving to a new development? Well established and close enough to my new school I could walk. About a mile.
Was it hard to make new friends in the neighborhood? Not at all.
Did you move before the school term started or during it? Before.

Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? I all 'em fuzzy tailed rats. It's a regular game we play daily as I chase them off the deck for stealing sunflower seed that belong to the songbirds...
Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street? Hey, it's survival of the fittest out there and some just aren't fit I guess.
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? Only the ones I put up for them. I made a feeder that the birds go in but the entry ways are to small for them to go thru... The joy of making them fret...

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? Yes
Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them? Just bought 6. Use them in wireless mice and such...

Which female singer, dead or alive, do you think has the best voice? Carrie Underwood

c) Wind speed Often
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? Quarantine is fine. I stay that way quite a bit anyway... Sad to say as we were leaving an event today as we came out the store door the business closed down during their grand opening.

Local squirrel photo (with special effects) taken by me last year. Nice shot... Pun unintended...

My resident Ground Squirrel...

Old 03-14-2020, 02:30 AM

44,757 posts, read 62,145,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

And away we go...

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? Yes, it's been around for several years, just now catching on.

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? No I lived in the same house until I joined the Army.

Who doesn’t love squirrels? They're okay to look at sometimes in photos. No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? We don't have any here in the desert, if we did the rattlers would devour them.
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? Haven't.

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? Yes, also AAA, C and D.
Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them? Carded.

Which female singer, dead or alive, do you think has the best voice? There are so many, can't pick just one, Most likely would be Karen carpenter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU

c) Wind speed
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count
No to all of the above.

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? Nothing has changed as of yet. We haven't stocked up on anything out of the ordinary.

How come I (I'd say "we" but that would be presumptuous ) never heard of Corvid 1 through 18? The number refers to the year discovered. Ex: Corvid-19 means Corona Virus Disease 2019.

Local squirrel photo (with special effects) taken by me last year.
Nice photo

Last edited by wit-nit; 03-14-2020 at 02:42 AM..

Old 03-14-2020, 03:04 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times

And away we go...

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? ** Familiar with practice, though I'm not sure I've heard the word before.

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? ** We did, once. I was twelve yrs. old, summer between sixth & seventh grade. My grandparents were getting older and dad was taking over working the farm, so we traded houses.
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving? ** Excited that we'd have a much bigger house, not as excited to leave our friends, though we would only be a couple miles apart.
Were you moving to a neighborhood that was already established or were you moving to a new development? ** Country, not many houses, seven miles from town.
Was it hard to make new friends in the neighborhood? ** No need. ^^^^^
Did you move before the school term started or during it? ** ^^^^^

Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? ** I don't LOVE them, but find them amusing sometimes.
Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street? ** If you've ever watched a squirrel figure out how to get into a bird feeder, you know they're not dumb.... about some things anyway.
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? ** Haven't

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? ** Have
Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them? ** My window candles use AA batteries & I buy them in cartons around the holidays.

Which female singer, dead or alive, do you think has the best voice? ** Couldn't begin to choose one as "the best." Depends on song, music genre.

a) Time of sunrise or sunset. * Not often
b) Time of high or low tide * When at the beach in Maine
c) Wind speed
d) Phase of the moon * Just for full moon
e) Pollen count

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? ** l still have a lot of old vinyl to go through & many books. Also, living in the country, I can walk through the fields without seeing anyone.

How come I (I'd say "we" but that would be presumptuous ) never heard of Corvid 1 through 18? ** I thought the 19 referred to 2019.

Local squirrel photo (with special effects) taken by me last year. **. Liking all the photos/videos of squirrels.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 03-14-2020, 04:19 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
And away we go...

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? - No

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? - No

- N/A to all.

Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? - I don't.
Where I used to live some hung out by the main door to the building as someone who lives there feeds them. The area had too many of them and I found them annoying.

Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street? - Often indecisive. I saw this many times.

Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? - No interest in watching.

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? - No.

Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them? = Packs of 4.

- Too many to mention.

I've posted a couple of Tracey Thorn videos in the past with her husband Ben Watt.

Here she is a guest vocalist with The Style Council but I really don't have a favorite song that she sings. Without a doubt she is one of my favorites.
(lyrics are included)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P6aeUvb4U

c) Wind speed
- Only this one.
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? - This whole thing is very depressing...

Thanks, Laura!

Last edited by John13; 03-14-2020 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-14-2020, 05:31 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
Good Morning

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? Yes--it has come with my insurance for a few years, teledoc

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? Yes
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving? Yes, happy. First time when I was seven, I would go to the same school. When I was 13 we moved to the country and rented a HUGE farm house on a horse and cow farm--I loved it.

Was it hard to make new friends in the neighborhood? No
Did you move before the school term started or during it? before

Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? Not fond of squirrels, too many of them.
Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street? No one is dumb.
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? No

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? Yes

Do you ever check any of the following online? If yes, why do you do it? Sometimes, except for pollen count.

c) Wind speed
d) Phase of the moon
e) Pollen count

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? I have hobbies, so I will be fine.

How come I (I'd say "we" but that would be presumptuous ) never heard of Corvid 1 through 18? it was discovered in 2019

Old 03-14-2020, 05:57 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,790,372 times
Good morning! Happy Saturday everyone! Being the pricing coordinator for a grocery store has required extra amounts of my time and energy with the surge in grocery buying in the past month. As a result I haven't been on here lately. (No, we do not have any toilet paper left)

I never heard of it until yesterday. Without looking it up, are you familiar with the word telemedicine? Yes, it's available through my insurance policy.

When you were a kid (Kindergarten - Grade 12 age range), did your family ever move? No
Do you remember how you felt about it when you were first told you were moving? N/A
Who doesn’t love squirrels? No really, who doesn’t love squirrels and why? Yes, I love animals.
Do you think squirrels are dumb or just indecisive when crossing the street? Indecisive. They don't realize the dangers.
Have you seen any of the videos of them going through obstacle courses like the one above? No

Do you have unused AA batteries at home? Yes a few.
Do you buy them by the carton (example: 4 in a box, 12 boxes in a carton for a total of 48 batteries) or do you buy them by the card as you need them? As I need them. 2 or 4 pack usually.

Which female singer, dead or alive, do you think has the best voice? Lauren Diagle, Kim Walker Smith
her music, what is your favorite song? Feel free to include a video.
"How he loves us" Kim Walker Smith and 'Rescue" by Lauren Diagle

a) Time of sunrise or sunset No
b) Time of high or low tide No
c) Wind speed No
d) Phase of the moon No
e) Pollen count No

Besides figuring out what you are going to do with all of that toilet paper you probably don't need, do you have any plans of what you are going to do to pass the time if you don't feel sick but have to quarantine yourself at home for 14 days because you came in contact with someone who has Corvid-19? I am not sure at this point with my position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics