Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 09:47 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times

Advertisements

Good morning to all!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When you balance your checkbook or have any reason to add or subtract a bunch of numbers, do you use a calculator or do you do the ciphering unassisted?
I usually do math in my head, but when I'm running through the bank account, I use a desktop calculator.

How often do you balance your checkbook?
Twice a month

When did you last use an ATM?
It's been a LONG time since I used one for my accounts.

Do you presently have any foreign currency?
A little here and there from travel.

Have you ever had a US $2.00 bill?
I had a couple hundred dollars saved up, but they were stolen from me.

Does the bank branch you use most often have a coin-counting machine so you can cash in your coins for paper money?
I don't know. I don't go there anymore in person.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you take reusable bags to the supermarket when shopping?
No

How long does it take you to drive to the market closest to your home?
5 minutes

If you buy milk, what size carton do you usually buy?
I buy one gallon for me and half gallon for the wife.

Have you ever eaten eggs which were not from chickens?
I think yes when I was a kid. (duck)

Do you like salsa on eggs?
That's a negative.

Would you like a fried egg and bacon sandwich?
With a slice of melted American cheese on it!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

For all those except AZ residents (): are there any clocks in your home which have not yet been changed to Daylight Saving Time?
Yes. I forgot about a couple.

Does the clock in your car or truck change to DST automatically, or do you have to manually change the time?
We have both. They've been changed.

Have you ever been late or early for something because you failed to change your clock(s) to or from DST?
No

What's the greatest number of time zones you've crossed within a 24-hour period?

What were the best and worst decades for:
•clothing styles? Worst - current decade Best 1980's
•hair styles? Worst - current decade Best 1980's
•automobiles? Worst -1980's Best - 1970's
•TV shows? Worst - current decade Best - 1980's
•your personal life? Worst - 2000's Best - 1980's

Have a terrific day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 10:29 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
[quote=PJSaturn;57526759]I don't know about you all, but after more than two months I'm still finding it hard to believe we're in the year 2020! Time flies so quickly. Before another day passes, we'd better scroll on down and take a look at

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When you balance your checkbook or have any reason to add or subtract a bunch of numbers, do you use a calculator or do you do the ciphering unassisted?
I use a calculator.
Every month.
Last week.
I just found a bag full of Canadian coins.
I did.
Does the bank branch you use most often have a coin-counting machine so you can cash in your coins for paper money?
Yes.
BONUS QUESTIONS

But I won't use them until this corona virus under control.
We usually walk if we don't need a lot other wise the other one is about ten minutes by car.
Two very small ones.
Nope.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

For all those except AZ residents (): are there any clocks in your home which have not yet been changed to Daylight Saving Time?

Does the clock in your car or truck change to DST automatically, or do you have to manually change the time?
We have to manually change them.
Have you ever been late or early for something because you failed to change your clock(s) to or from DST?
Once when I went to work an hour early
What's the greatest number of time zones you've crossed within a 24-hour period?

We were a day ahead in Australia.

• clothing styles? Worst. 70's. Best 30's (so elegant)
  • hair styles? worst 80's big hair, Best.
  • automobiles? Best 60's Worst 70's
  • TV shows? Best 60's Worst now.
  • your personal life?Best in my 40's Worst now.
That's it for this installment, kiddos. Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Thanks Pam.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:59 AM

24,479 posts, read 26,017,453 times
I don't know about you all, but after more than two months I'm still finding it hard to believe we're in the year 2020! Time flies so quickly. Before another day passes, we'd better scroll on down and take a look at
Pam, I blame that phenomena on the aging process.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

She (the book keeper)says she does it in her head.

The credit union does it and she verifies iy monthly.

Yes

yes

Don't know for sure, the credit union did at one time. Haven't been there in 5 years.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yeo, keep them in the car.

Less than 5 minutes.

1 gallon jug.

No

Yes I do.

Yep, with salsa included.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

All house clocks are ok.

1 does, the other doesn't.

Don't think so.

3-4

clothing styles? best worst, 70's
hair styles? best worst 70's
automobiles?best 60's and 201X worst 70's
TV shows?
your personal life? best 50's and 60's worst 2020's

That's it for this installment, kiddos. Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Thanx Pam for todays installment of the Q's.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:46 AM

99,615 posts, read 4,494,366 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When you balance your checkbook or have any reason to add or subtract a bunch of numbers, do you use a calculator or do you do the ciphering unassisted? I use an Excel checkbook on my computer which automatically adds and subtracts numbers.

How often do you balance your checkbook? Primarily check my balance online

When did you last use an ATM? Last week

Do you presently have any foreign currency? Yes, Mexican pesos

Have you ever had a US $2.00 bill? Yes

I don't believe they do.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you take reusable bags to the supermarket when shopping? Yes

How long does it take you to drive to the market closest to your home? I don't have a car. I walk and it takes less than 10 minutes to get there.

If you buy milk, what size carton do you usually buy? Half-gallon

Have you ever eaten eggs which were not from chickens? Not that I recall.

Do you like salsa on eggs? Yes I do.

Would you like a fried egg and bacon sandwich? I would, but my cholesterol wouldn't.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

For all those except AZ residents (): are there any clocks in your home which have not yet been changed to Daylight Saving Time? No

Does the clock in your car or truck change to DST automatically, or do you have to manually change the time? N/A

Have you ever been late or early for something because you failed to change your clock(s) to or from DST? Never

What's the greatest number of time zones you've crossed within a 24-hour period? About 10

• clothing styles? Best, the last 20 years
  • hair styles?
  • automobiles? Best, 50s and 60s
  • TV shows? 60s best
  • your personal life? Every decade has had good and bad moments
Thanks, Pam!

Old 03-10-2020, 08:23 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
I don't know about you all, but after more than two months I'm still finding it hard to believe we're in the year 2020! Time flies so quickly. Before another day passes, we'd better scroll on down and take a look at

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Both....usually I just cipher myself.
As I go along.....no issues.
I rarely do.....maybe a few years ago.

I don't have a clue! I don't really use cash any more, and everything is done electronically....so I don't know.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Sometimes.
about 2 to 3 minutes.
Gallon.

I will pass
EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

For all those except AZ residents (): are there any clocks in your home which have not yet been changed to Daylight Saving Time? Microwave is all

Maybe my husband did it, maybe it did itself....IDK

• clothing styles?
  • hair styles?
  • automobiles?
  • TV shows?
  • your personal life?

Old 03-10-2020, 09:15 PM

38,909 posts, read 22,900,003 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When you balance your checkbook or have any reason to add or subtract a bunch of numbers, do you use a calculator or do you do the ciphering unassisted? I use a calculator.

How often do you balance your checkbook? Once a month when the statement arrives.

When did you last use an ATM? 2 weekends ago.

Do you presently have any foreign currency? No

Have you ever had a US $2.00 bill? Yes, many times.

Does the bank branch you use most often have a coin-counting machine so you can cash in your coins for paper money? I'm sure it does.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you take reusable bags to the supermarket when shopping? Yes, ever since single-use plastic bags were banned by state law over 2 years ago.

How long does it take you to drive to the market closest to your home? About 5 minutes.

If you buy milk, what size carton do you usually buy? Half gallon

Have you ever eaten eggs which were not from chickens? No

Do you like salsa on eggs? No

Would you like a fried egg and bacon sandwich? Sure!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

For all those except AZ residents (): are there any clocks in your home which have not yet been changed to Daylight Saving Time? No

Does the clock in your car or truck change to DST automatically, or do you have to manually change the time? I have to change it manually.

Have you ever been late or early for something because you failed to change your clock(s) to or from DST? No

What's the greatest number of time zones you've crossed within a 24-hour period? 4

• clothing styles? 70s
  • hair styles? 70s
  • automobiles? 60s
  • TV shows? 50s
  • your personal life? 80s
Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 03-11-2020, 02:53 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,006,642 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It depends on how many numbers and how large. When I was doing paperwork for flights I was working with lots of 4,5 and 6 digit numbers. always used a calculator for that.

The last time was maybe 25 years ago

Yesterday

Still have a little. Mostly keeping as souvenirs.

I have around 30 of them

Yes. A couple times a year I bring in my change.

BONUS QUESTIONS

No

Under 5 minutes

Maybe every 2 or 3 years I will buy a half pint carton for cooking with.

While I have not, you do have to watch those chicken. If they think they can get away with substituting eggs from some other bird they will.

There just ain't enough salsa to get me to eat eggs.

I would rather smash my thumb with a hammer than eat a fried egg sandwich

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

No

Jeep says I have to change the time

Nope

Not really sure during 24 hours. at least 10. There have been a few times that I crossed all 24 time zones in less than 72 hours

What were the best and worst decades for: Best/Worst
clothing styles? 60'/80's
hair styles? 70's/50's
automobiles? Early 70's/80's
TV shows? 70's/2010's
your personal life? All years have been my best

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics