Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 06:20 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Hello and welcome. Here are your Today's Questions.

Today's "Under your Skin" Question(s):
Recently I pruned trees and carried limbs to the curb. That evening I found a splinter and the next day another splinter.
Do you remember anything that gave you splinters? I occasionally get a splinter while gardening

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter? Yes

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)? If I had to no problem

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos? Not that I recall

Foodie/Beverage Question(s):

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of junk food,Pops and cereals

and not enough varieties of affordable healthy food like fruit and vegetables."

Just To:
"I have endless patience with watching Nature ."

Today's Funny Phrase:
carbon dating - romantic connection to someone significantly older

Today's Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~ Dr. Seuss

Today's Picture:
Man keeping his dog warm during a break in their walk, Germany.

Happy Thursday!
THANK YOU bjh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 06:23 AM

9,823 posts, read 14,407,458 times
Do you remember anything that gave you splinters?
Yes. All summer long, I do garden work including pruning trees/shrubs.

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter? Yes

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)?
I think it would be difficult for me

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos? Not funny, not memorable, but disgusting ones

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of _Not applicable for us...we have a huge Walmart SuperCenter that is stocked with an abundance of everything we need
and not enough varieties of See Above
Just To:
"I have endless patience with " Complainers

Thanks, bjh

Last edited by rdlr; 03-05-2020 at 07:44 AM..

Old 03-05-2020, 07:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,035 posts, read 82,286,952 times
Recently I pruned trees and carried limbs to the curb. That evening I found a splinter and the next day another splinter.
Do you remember anything that gave you splinters? Many, mostly from my various woodworking and home renovation projects.

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter? Yes, many times.

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)? I have done it, in the stomach, and it was not fun but after the first time it's not so bad.

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos? No, but I have seen some ugly ones that looked like a 10 year old did them.

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of _Soft drinks, pastas, cereals, ice cream, bread_______,

and not enough varieties of _cake, sausages, cheese, pickles, olives__________."

Just To:
"I have endless patience with __nothing_________________________."

Old 03-05-2020, 07:51 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,928,379 times
Do you remember anything that gave you splinters? === Yes. Mostly gardening.

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter? === Just a needle and tweezers.

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)? === I'd find it difficult but would if I had to.

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos? === They're all weird.

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of _cereal_, and not enough varieties of _crackers_."

Just To:
"I have endless patience with _old people_."

Thanks bjh.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:21 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,547,080 times

Do you remember anything that gave you splinters? yes, handling lumber and rose bushes.

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter? yes

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)? I think I could do it if I had to.

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos? any tattoo’s on the face are weird to me.

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of everything ______________,

and not enough varieties of __________________."

Just To:
[b]"I have endless patience with older people ___________________."

Old 03-05-2020, 08:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,849,704 times

I got one yesterday from the broom but I was able to pull it right out

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter?
Oh yes, got out many a splinter that way

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)?
I don't think I would have a big problem with it once I got used to it

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos?
From a movie called "We're the Millers" - a dumb dude in the movie had a tattoo that read "no regerts" instead of "no regrets"

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of ______bread and deli cheese, man what a lot of cheese_____________________,

and not enough varieties of ___meat________________________."

Just To:
"I have endless patience with __the elderly_________________________."

Today's Funny Phrase:

Today's Quote:
~ Dr. Seuss

Today's Picture:
Man keeping his dog warm during a break in their walk, Germany.

Happy Thursday!

Thanks bjh!

Old 03-05-2020, 10:02 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Sorting thru new lumber at the lumber yard and removing old dried out lumber to be thrown out.

No, have used tweezers, pliers, tape and a pocket knife.

Probably hesitant the first time, then no issue after that.

Yes, sometimes I wonder "what were they thinking."

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of
beer, bread, dog/cat food, adult diaper/underwear, salad dressing.

and not enough varieties of
many ethnic foods except Mexican.

Just To:
"I have endless patience with my wife;."

Today's Funny Phrase:

Today's Quote:
~ Dr. Seuss

Thanx bjh for some great Q's.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:04 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,993,427 times
Hello to all. Taking a sanity break at work. Not a good couple of days around here.

Used to get splinters all of the time playing as a kid. Not so much anymore. One I remember in particular was when I was a teen. I went running down the hardwood hallway at home in my socks. As I slid for several feet, I caught a bog splinter and it went right in the ball of my foot and broke. There was no way I was going to let anyone dig it out, so I hid it from my parents until it went away on its own. Still shudder to think about that one!

Yes, it's been done to me.

Can't do it. Just can't...

Not a fan. Kills me to see them on my kid, but she's an adult and she seems to be placing them with discretion.

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of __ fresh veggies_________________________,

and not enough varieties of ______ deli cheeses _____________________."

Just To:
"I have endless patience with _______ Frankly, not too much! ____________________."

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 03-05-2020, 03:15 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,416,835 times
Default Today's "Under your Skin" Question(s):

Do you remember anything that gave you splinters?.....Yes some tent poles (fiberglass)

Ever used the old alcohol and a needle method to coax out an embedded splinter?...I've used a needle, with the fiberglass I used duct tape

How difficult did/would you find giving yourself injections if you had to, (like some diabetics do, for instance)?....Very difficult

Seen any weird or funny or memorable tattoos?.... Met a kid who tattooed himself with a needle, it was a cartoonish wine glass on his leg, looked stupid as all get out.

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of ___?_,

and not enough varieties of __Spicy dill pickels___."

Just To:
"I have endless patience with ____Nothing at all______."

Old 03-05-2020, 04:45 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,510 posts, read 30,648,867 times
Doors in a house we lived in years ago. Edges really lousy. Sand them and they still splintered.

Did when I was a kid. Prefer tape or tweezers.

Could if I had to.

Waiter at lunch yesterday was covered in them. I didn't look close enough to see what they were.

Multiple answers welcome: "At the grocery store there are too many varieties of _jellies, candy, chips, waters, many! ,

and not enough varieties of ___can't think of any that needs more variety. "

Just To:
"I have endless patience with __kids and pets_________."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics