Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 04:16 AM

9,746 posts, read 14,309,227 times

Advertisements

Today is the First Wednesday in March of 2020. It only happens once.

Have no Fear John just needed a break and I'm a Temp Worker filling in.

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? __Hopalong Cassidy

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? Frank Sinatra

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? Red Skelton

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? Jerry Mathers - Leave it to Beaver

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial?Stephanie Courtney (Flo) Progressive

What is one of your all time famous Movies? No favorite...not a movie buff

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? Yes...If so who? President Kennedy (one on one conversation when he was running for President) and President George W. Bush, 43rd President. Our club had him for our guest speaker when he was Governor and running for President. I "baby-sat" him in a room off stage, until he was ready to speak. It was an awesome meeting, Me, Governor Bush, and 3 Secret Service guys.) I have lots of true stories regarding famous people I've met...mostly political figures.

What is the Month of March known for? In our household, St.Patrick's Day. We have green spot lights shining on our house, green flags are on display, and green lights are on our front porch railing

Wednesday March 4 of 2020 is 11 days from the Ides of March. What is the Ides of March famous for?
Not sure

Have a happy Hump Day and make it famous for something. Hopefully, famous for nothing today. I have lots of driving to do in heavy traffic during my work day

Thanks, Nomad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 04:17 AM

5,917 posts, read 3,812,982 times

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? _John Wayne__________

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? _"We're An American Band", Sweet Connie. (She was made famous by this song, she was a groupie)____________

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? _Mork from Ork__________

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? Lassie___________

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? Spuds McKenzie___________

What is one of your all time famous Movies? _The Terminator_______

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? yes____ If so who? _Peter Coyote, actor__________

What is the Month of March known for? March Madness___________

Wednesday March 4 of 2020 is 11 days from the Ides of March. What is the Ides of March famous for?
settling debts, and it's also a line from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, "beware the ides of March".

Have a happy Hump Day and make it famous for something.
Thanks same to you Nomadicus

Today's "For the Birds" photo is a juvenile Bluebird I name Alfie for its frequent poses on my deck last spring. Withing a month it will be playing the mating game looking for a mate and a nest box or a tree cavity to nest in. It's hard to tell but I believe this little one is a female.
nice pic

Old 03-04-2020, 05:09 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,438,040 times
Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? ___________

John Wayne

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? _____________

Weezer probably made Buddy Holly famous to a new generation with their song “Buddy Holly”.

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? ___________

Not sure.

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? ___________

Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things was unknown before.

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? ___________

A lot of things.

What is one of your all time famous Movies? ________

Jurassic Park

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? Yes. If so who? Cher.

What is the Month of March known for?

Being Marchy.

I’ve heard of it but I couldn’t tell you specifics without cheating.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:22 AM

126,365 posts, read 19,126,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post

How nice of you to help out

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? John Wayne

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? Luciano Pavarotti sang most beautiful Nessun Dorma from Giacomo Puccini's Turandot

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? Victor Borge was a Danish comedian, conductor, and pianist

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? Elsa the lioness

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? ___________...

What is one of your all time famous Movies? The original Walt Disney Jungle Book

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? Yes If so who? Luciano Pavarotti and Franz Beckenbauer

What is the Month of March known for? The time change,beginning of Miss Springs arrival and for my family the celebration of my daughters birthday

Wednesday March 4 of 2020 is 11 days from the Ides of March. What is the Ides of March famous for? Julius Caesar was assassinated at that time

Today's "For the Birds" photo is a juvenile Bluebird I name Alfie for its frequent poses on my deck last spring. Withing a month it will be playing the mating game looking for a mate and a nest box or a tree cavity to nest in. It's hard to tell but I believe this little one is a female.
What a beautiful picture

THANK YOU Nomadicus

Old 03-04-2020, 05:52 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,873,576 times

Have no Fear John just needed a break and I'm a Temp Worker filling in. ** Thanks for filling in, Nomad!

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? ** Hmm..... Stetson Hats?

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? ** Scooby Dooby. https://youtu.be/0_C2HJvtRDY

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? ** Edith Ann or Ernestine (Lily Tomlin). OR. Mrs. Wiggins (Carol Burnett) https://youtu.be/KIZA7ghxWBQ

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? ** Hi- Ho, Silver! Away!

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? ** Morris, the cat. https://youtu.be/uCja1WGZx-E. Or, maybe Mikey. https://youtu.be/CLQ0LZSnJFE

What is one of your all time famous Movies? ** Casablanca

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? No

What is the Month of March known for? In like a lion, out like a lamb...... Spring Equinox..... St. Paddy's Day......

Wednesday March 4 of 2020 is 11 days from the Ides of March. What is the Ides of March famous for? Et tu, Brute?

Have a happy Hump Day and make it famous for something. ** Thanks again, nomad!

Today's "For the Birds" photo is a juvenile Bluebird I name Alfie for its frequent poses on my deck last spring. Withing a month it will be playing the mating game looking for a mate and a nest box or a tree cavity to nest in. It's hard to tell but I believe this little one is a female. ** I like watching the bluebirds around my house. It's a little early for them here though.

Last edited by kpinvt; 03-04-2020 at 06:03 AM..

Old 03-04-2020, 08:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,711 posts, read 81,578,903 times
Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? __John Wayne's cowboy hat_________

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? __Smashed guitar (the Who)___________

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? _Watermelon (Gallagher)__________

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? _USS Enterprise (Star Trek)__________

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? Energizer Bunny___________

What is one of your all time famous Movies? _ET_______

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? Yes____ If so who? _James Doohan__________

What is the Month of March known for? _Rain__________

Wednesday March 4 of 2020 is 11 days from the Ides of March. What is the Ides of March famous for? Beware!

Old 03-04-2020, 10:57 AM

24,540 posts, read 26,100,212 times
Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies?
Colt 45 6 shooter

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song?
Chevrolet- https://www.lyricsplayground.com/alp...chevrolet.html

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian?
Walter the puppet-Jeff Foxworthy

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show?
Steve McQueens 1968 Mustang.

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial?
Tony The Tiger

What is one of your all time famous Movies?
Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of Our Fathers

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? If so who?
Yes, Roman Gabriel, LA Rams quarterback.

What is the Month of March known for?
St Patricks Day

Julius Caesar is assassinated.

Thanx Nomad for filling in, nice BB pic.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:18 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Good evening to all!

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? ___Jack Palance________

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? __Phone number 867-5309___________

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? ___The Blues Brothers________

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? ___CSI units________

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? ___Billy Mays!________

What is one of your all time famous Movies? ___The Blues Brothers_____

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? _Played a round of golf with NFL coach Joe Bugel and Night Train Lane back in the 90's. ___

What is the Month of March known for? ___St Patricks Day & turning the clocks forward________

Wednesday March 4 of 2020 is 11 days from the Ides of March. What is the Ides of March famous for? The death of Ceaser

Thanks for QOTD and have a great day as well!

Old 03-04-2020, 06:36 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,018,702 times

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? The six shooter

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? Frosty The Snowman

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian? Jack Benny's violin playing

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? Gotham City

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? California Raisins

What is one of your all time famous Movies? Airplane

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? No

What is the Month of March known for? Everyone in my family but me has their birthday in March.

Stinky cheese goes on sale.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:15 PM

11,394 posts, read 9,320,940 times

Thanks. I really need to find someone permanent...
I'll plan on doing next week and we'll see from there...

Name something or someone made famous by Old Western Movies? - No interest.

Name something or someone (real or fictional) made famous by Song? - I read the responses and I'm not sure I can add anything...

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a Comedian?

Name some thing or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV show? - Floyd's Barber Shop - Andy Griffith Show. I don't know how many here know or how popular they are but I have seen a few barber shops with that name recently. I guess it's now a chain.

Name something or someone (Real or fictional) made famous by a TV commercial? - I do not watch them and I do not watch that much TV.

What is one of your all time famous Movies? Fahrenheit 9/11 - Michael Moore. I like all his movies.

Have you ever met a famous person know nationally or to an even larger portion of the world? ____ If so who? President Jimmy Carter at a book signing in 2012. Muhammad Ali about 1977 give or take a year, Baseball great Reggie Jackson in 1976 when he played for the Baltimore Orioles.

What is the Month of March known for? - Besides my birthday on Friday the 13? I dunno!

(others answered)

Have a happy Hump Day and make it famous for something. - The end of another very long day. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics