Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 12:05 AM

3,076 posts, read 1,684,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Welcome to Sunday's edition of the QOTD. I am too tired to come up with anything clever to say so on to the questions.

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? Nope

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? Couple of years, when I worked.

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? 90's, probably.

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? Nope
-How about bumper cars at a carnival? Yep

Time for just the bare facts...
-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked? No, and I don't think I've known anyone who has.
-How about mooned someone? Yes, to my cousin when I was about 8 years old and pissed off.

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? I was there in September.
Wall Drug | Homemade Donuts I didn't like the donuts. They're great if you like cake donuts - I like yeast ones.

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? No, but we've been given one a couple of times.

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? Nope

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? Nope. That would be awful.

Well I guess that is enough crappy questions for now. Maybe next time I won't wait until the last minute to think of some questions. Perhaps I will wander over to bjh's place and swipe some questions. Maybe I already did and these questions were what bjh was going to use.
Good questions. Thanks, Mutt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2020, 12:45 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,532 times
Greetings. Welcome to Sunday's edition of the QOTD. I am too tired to come up with anything clever to say so on to the questions.

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? **. Yes, you can do that at our family farmhouse. You can crawl out from an upstairs bedroom onto the porch roof and from there into the upstairs kitchen of the apartment.

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? ** Not a city park, but a national park last September or October.

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? ** More than 20 years

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? ** Never
-How about bumper cars at a carnival? **. Have done

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked? ** I haven't, but during spring weekend at college while I was helping out with food & beer, a guy who was streaking by stopped for a beer.
-How about mooned someone? ** Have been mooned, but no. I've never mooned someone.

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? ** Have never been to South Dakota or heard of this place.
Wall Drug | Homemade Donuts

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? ** Have rarely rented a car or even stayed at a hotel. So, no.

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? ** I've never had food delivered here.

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? ** Not that I remember.

Well I guess that is enough crappy questions for now. Maybe next time I won't wait until the last minute to think of some questions. Perhaps I will wander over to bjh's place and swipe some questions. Maybe I already did and these questions were what bjh was going to use. ** Thanks, Mutt!

Old 03-01-2020, 12:48 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? Haven't lived in such a house, but a friend of mine when I was growing up did. We sat on the roof several times, late at night, and her parents never knew we were up there.

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? Last fall; probably late September.

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? About 13 years. When I was attending a jury trial (as a paralegal), I needed to call in to the office with updates now and then. The courthouse we were in did not permit anyone to have a cell phone in the building, so I had to use a pay phone to call the office.

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? Yes. Tons o' fun! Last time was about 10 years ago.

-How about bumper cars at a carnival? Yes. Last time was a bazillion years ago, when I was a little kid.

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked? Yes. A friend did, when we were in college.
-How about mooned someone? Yep. Been there; done that, 40+ years ago.

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? Heard of it; never been there.

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? No re: the hotel. Yes, re: the rental car. A couple of years ago I had to rent a car for about 10 days after an idiot driver came out of a parking lot and T-boned my car. (I was not hurt, thankfully.)While my car was being repaired I drove a rental. I had requested a car similar in size to mine (mid-sized sedan). When I went to pick it up, they gave me the keys to a crappy little car that I would've felt very unsafe in. It was January and the weather was bad; lots of ice ad snow on the roads and I waned a heavier car, preferably with AWD. I asked for a better car and they switched the little one out with a Jeep Compass. I'd never driven an SUV and it was a lot of fun. It handled well on slippery roads. The ride wasn't very comfortable, but it was fun to drive for a week and a half.

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? Nope.

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? I did, one time that I recall. I had to pull off the road asap and get out of the car to walk it off. It was awful!

Well I guess that is enough crappy questions for now. Maybe next time I won't wait until the last minute to think of some questions. Perhaps I will wander over to bjh's place and swipe some questions. Maybe I already did and these questions were what bjh was going to use. I always wait till the last minute to do the Tuesday Q's, so you're not alone, Mutt. It's getting to be a real pain to come up with questions every week. But you did a good job once again! Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-01-2020, 01:24 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? No I never had a 3rd Rock From the Sun house.

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? At least 20 years ago.

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? 29+ yeas ago.

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? Nope
-How about bumper cars at a carnival? I sure did and I really had the wrecks.

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked? No but a first cousin tried it and got slammed to the floor. Never had an inclination for such chicanery.
-How about mooned someone? Nope.

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? No I've not had the pleasure.

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? No but possibly have had such.

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? Only pizza and not but a very few times for that.

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? No never.

Well I guess that is enough crappy questions for now. Maybe next time I won't wait until the last minute to think of some questions. Perhaps I will wander over to bjh's place and swipe some questions. Maybe I already did and these questions were what bjh was going to use.

Thanks for the mind exercise AK Mutt.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:20 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Good Morning

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? No

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? Last Autumn

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? ~25 years ago

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? Yes
-How about bumper cars at a carnival? Yes

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked? No
-How about mooned someone? No

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? Have not

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? I have never "tried" to get an upgrade. They have upgraded me without asking. For car rentals--I would rather not have the upgrade. I just want a compact car for ease of parking and for fuel usage.

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? No

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? Yes

Happy Sunday!

Old 03-01-2020, 05:53 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? - No

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? - Hmmmm

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? - More than 20 years ago.

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track?
-How about bumper cars at a carnival?
- Both twice a a kid.

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked?
-How about mooned someone?
- No to these.

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? - Heard of because I remember seeing multiple bumper stickers with "Wall Drug" in the 1970s.

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? - No

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? - It's been at least 20 years since I ordered food delivery to anywhere I lived or worked.

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? - Never.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 03-01-2020, 06:59 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? No

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? I don’t think I’ve ever done that.

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? A long time!

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? Yes

-How about mooned someone? Yes

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? No

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade?

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? Not yet

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? No

Old 03-01-2020, 09:51 AM

9,728 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof? Yes, I can do that now, both on the front of the house, and the back.

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park? Not a "city" park, but our "town" park last summer. We live in a very small, rural town.

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone? Maybe 30 years

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? No

-How about mooned someone? No

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? No

-When you rent a car or stay at a hotel do you ever try to get a free upgrade? No

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house? Only pizza, only once, a few years ago when our brother-in-law and sister-in-law came over for us all to view the national presidential election results. If those walls could talk! We'll be repeating that fun time this coming November.

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp? No
Thanks, Mutt. You're too hard on yourself. Only half of these questions were crappy.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:23 AM

24,482 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof?
Only on the roof over the porch.

-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park?
200X

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone?
15 years.

-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track?
Yes to both.

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked?
-How about mooned someone?

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota?
No

Never asked, but been offered.

-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house?
Yes, very good experience.

-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp?
No

Thanx Mutt, your Q's were actually very entertaining.

How do you get down off a roof?
You don't get down off a roof.
You get down off a duck. Quack, Quack.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:24 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;57456055]Greetings. Welcome to Sunday's edition of the QOTD. I am too tired to come up with anything clever to say so on to the questions.

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever lived in a house where you could go out a window and sit on the roof?
Our house actually has a door to the lower roof over the kitchen in an upstairs bedroom.
-When was the last time you ate your lunch in a city park?

-How long do you think it has been since you used a pay phone?
Maybe a decade or more.
-Ever driven a go-cart at a go-cart track? I don't think so.

-Have you or someone you were with ever streaked? No, not intentionally. We did get caught walking naked on a steamy night in Australia on the beach. We had to run for cover and get dressed.
-How about mooned someone? Ah, well

-Have you heard of or been to Wall Drug in South Dakota? Nope. Ive never been in South Dakota.

Only when not traveling with our dog Joe.
-Ever used one of the fast-food delivery services to have something to eat delivered to your house?
Nope.
-While driving in traffic have you gotten a leg cramp?

Sometimes I get toe cramps from pushing in the clutch.
I heard eating kale makes thinking of questions super easy.

Thanks Mutt. It's supposed to be close to 60 today but my phone says 47. I might ride my bike anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics